PDA

View Full Version : BABBLe Presidential Elections.

Colt
2003-Aug-15, 10:27 AM
We thught this up in the BABB IRC. I think Vermonter came up with the original idea for this, thanks. :)

This is pretty simple.. Below will be listed the speeches or points which each candidate wishes to make. It was pretty freelance so they differ, I would have written mine like Vermonter's but I probably would have sounded like an idiot. These views don't necessarily reflect the candidates' real world opinions. We do not want this to turn into a political debate. If you feel offended by something, please PM that individual for information. We hope everyone will have fun with this. :D Vote for who you like best or on what is listed below. Post your questions here. The poll will run for 14 days. Thank you. :)

As president, I will work to increase the funding for schools across the nation, allowing students to recieve the education they deserve. As such, all schools shall be urged to comply with requiring science credits to graduate, with at least a class in astronomy, chemistry, biology, or physics. The book of laws shall be reviewed and revised, deleting obselete laws in favor of more defined and relevant laws. The Bill of Rights will be enforced, with gun safety laws superceding gun restriction laws. All foreign affairs relations shall be reviewed and re-considered under the new administration. Separation of church and state will be enforced, and all state-sponsored religious messages will be edited.

Independant Party
Home State: California
Agenda:
1) Removal of all unneeeed beuracracy (which means, basically, almost all of it)
2) Removal of all gun bans. Gun saftey classes and strict liscensing to follow. Instate an armed population militia similar to Switzerland's or Isreal's
3) Restructering of welfare programs.
4) Heavy cuts in government spending.
5) Huge addition to budgets dealing with space; education, research, and exploration.

Independant party
Home state: Alaska

Colt's Agenda if he is ellected:

1. Abolition of the party system.
2. Abolition of unnecessary firearms laws. This would include the withdrawl of the 1996 restrictions on firearms. It would allow the ownership of firearms by legal citizens, promote gun safety and crime prevention.
3. Tripled funding to the space program. NASA pointed in the direction it should be going (IE research). Restrictions on operation of nuclear drives in space dismissed.
4. Seperation of Church and state. The state is responsible for education, not the Church.
5. Invasion of Canada and the Republic of Mexico for economical and defense reasons (optional).
6. Removal of California from Union and territory made part of Alaska.
7. Former politicians/actors of California be sent to Iraq to form government and quell dissent.

And like any good politician, I read the competitions speeches and made mine better. :) -Colt

kucharek
2003-Aug-15, 10:38 AM
BABBling: The BABB Community
This is a general forum for chit chat and other non-astronomy issues. You can talk about different things here, but try to stay away from big time argument topics (like, say, politics and religion). :P

...allowing students to recieve the education they deserve.
Does this include orthography? And is this a promise or a threat? :lol:

BTW, are only US citizens allowed to vote?

Colt
2003-Aug-15, 10:43 AM
Anyone can vote, regardless of nationality. Afterall, this is an international community. -Colt

dgruss23
2003-Aug-15, 12:36 PM
Musashi wrote: 1) Removal of all unneeeed beuracracy (which means, basically, almost all of it)

Now if we removed all unneeded and all inefficient buracracy wouldn't that change this from ALMOST all to ALL?

Vermonter
2003-Aug-15, 04:08 PM
BABBling: The BABB Community
This is a general forum for chit chat and other non-astronomy issues. You can talk about different things here, but try to stay away from big time argument topics (like, say, politics and religion). :P

...allowing students to recieve the education they deserve.
Does this include orthography? And is this a promise or a threat? :lol:

BTW, are only US citizens allowed to vote?

Yes, and both. 8)

Mr. X
2003-Aug-17, 02:41 PM
Your opinions are too moderate for me. :)

I'll stick with the Xian Shadow Militia for now... that is until we can take power in a violent bloodbath. :lol:

Chuck
2003-Aug-17, 04:31 PM
I vote for Vermonter. A president should at least be able to spell.

Sammy
2003-Aug-17, 04:54 PM
Musashi wrote: 1) Removal of all unneeeed beuracracy (which means, basically, almost all of it)

Now if we removed all unneeded and all inefficient buracracy wouldn't that change this from ALMOST all to ALL?

Amazing!! You guys sound just like politicians already. Bash bureaucracy, cut spending and increase spending at the same time, improve education while reducing govt services (yes, schools are run by LOCAL government and local bureaucrats), and, best of all flood the country with guns. We can't convince a lot of people that we actually landed on the moon, that the government is not poisoning them by spaying chemicals from 40,000 feet, and that a giant planet is not lurking by the Sun waiting to destroy most life on earthj. But we'll teach 'em safe use of weapons!

beskeptical
2003-Aug-18, 03:11 AM
I was elected senator at large at my college with a platform of more student sponsered rock concerts.

It was quite a learning experience as to the pork barrel system of government, and the promise 'em anything campaign tactics. Just like the real government.

Vermonter
2003-Aug-18, 04:00 AM
Well, I was elected as President of the Vermont State FBLA for 2001-2002 (Future Business Leaders of America) it was quite enjoyable.

Kaptain K
2003-Aug-18, 06:16 AM
If nominated, I shall not run. If elected, I shall not serve. 8)

wedgebert
2003-Aug-18, 03:36 PM
I just want to say

"Don't vote, it's the American Way!"

mike alexander
2003-Aug-18, 06:17 PM
'Obsolete' is spelled with an 'O'.

My platform will make mispronunciation of nuclear a capital offense !

Ditto 'data is'!

Ditto 'media is'!

Only people who know when to use 'who' and 'whom' properly will be allowed to vote!

Yes, the Grammarian Party! We will replace the Constitution with Strunk and White! Subjects will agree with verbs!

Infinitives, however, can be split. This is a useless holdover from the Latin.

Colt
2003-Aug-18, 07:53 PM
I can post again!!! Hooray!

I can't believe that I'm winning.. Maybe it's a freak error in the voting system or people feel sorry for me? :P -Colt

mike alexander
2003-Aug-18, 09:26 PM
I can't believe that I'm winning..

I've already started circulating the recall petitions.

Colt
2003-Aug-18, 09:44 PM
I want to vote for Vermonter, is there a way to reverse my vote? :P -Colt

gethen
2003-Aug-19, 12:48 AM
Man, Colt, I was was ready to be your campaign manager even, and then I read Vermonter's statement, and I gotta go with him. :oops: Sorry. Leftover hippy, llberal platform. Takes me back to my college days.

Colt
2003-Aug-19, 01:59 AM
That's alright, I didn't expect to win this going in and I don't expect to win it. :) -Colt

Pi Man
2003-Aug-19, 04:56 AM
Wow! Look how much closer the vote is! 6-7-9! Right off the bat, Colt was in the lead, but check it out now! :o

Laser Jock
2003-Aug-19, 05:12 PM
I voted for Vermonter because he was behind. I just ignored whatever they said. :D

Pi Man
2003-Aug-20, 05:56 AM
Aak! 8-8-9! This is getting intense!

Colt
2003-Aug-20, 06:24 AM
Vote for Colt! (http://www.geocities.com/wandererofthewastes/Hitlerstache.jpg)

:D :P -Colt

Pi Man
2003-Aug-20, 06:57 AM
[clicks heels]
Hiel Colt!

:D

Kaptain K
2003-Aug-20, 07:05 AM
That's Heil! German is a lot simpler than English when it comes to "e" and "i". Pronounce the second one. "Ei is prononced "i". Ie is pronounced "e". [-X #-o :roll:

Colt
2003-Aug-20, 07:23 AM
Ja, ja, heil mich. :D -Colt

Colt
2003-Aug-20, 07:46 AM

Amendment to #6 California will be stripped from the Union and made a territory of the state of Alaska with no voting rights whatsoever unless those occupants who already live there want to move to a newly formed state in the norther part of California called "Coltopia". Los Angeles will then be nuked and the rest of California straped onto a rocket piece-by-piece and shot into the Sun.

Thanks to my Secret Advisor the the suggestions. :wink: -Colt

kucharek
2003-Aug-20, 07:49 AM
Do you plan to do this before or after Arnie becomes governor of California?

Colt
2003-Aug-20, 07:51 AM
*thinks about it* I think we'll see how the Californians decide and then press the red button. :P -Colt

R.A.F.
2003-Aug-20, 02:43 PM
The Bill of Rights will be enforced, with gun safety laws superceding gun restriction laws.

Independant Party
Home State: California
Agenda:
2) Removal of all gun bans. Gun saftey classes and strict liscensing to follow. Instate an armed population militia similar to Switzerland's or Isreal's

Independant party
Home state: Alaska

Colt's Agenda if he is ellected:

2. Abolition of unnecessary firearms laws. This would include the withdrawl of the 1996 restrictions on firearms. It would allow the ownership of firearms by legal citizens, promote gun safety and crime prevention.

Sorry guys, I can't vote for any of you...you all seem to have an obsession with guns. Like the old song says..."Ain't good for nothin, but put a man 6 feet in a whole".

TriangleMan
2003-Aug-20, 02:52 PM
Anyone can vote, regardless of nationality. Afterall, this is an international community. -Colt

Yet all of the candidates are American and their policies reflect changes to America rather than from a global perspective. Doesn't seem relevant to someone like me. Also, too much talk about guns. No vote from me.

Kaptain K
2003-Aug-20, 06:48 PM
Anybody consider a troika? #-o :roll:

gethen
2003-Aug-20, 08:38 PM
Yeah, how about a Roman style triumvirate? Or would that lead to intrigues and assassination attempts? Sounds pretty exciting, eh?

Colt
2003-Aug-21, 12:16 AM
Bush cares about foreign feelings, why shouldn't we?

We're not talking about people running around with machineguns but the discarding of retarded gun laws. In example, those that basically say anything with a pistol grip on it is an assault weapon and if it has over a 10 (or even 5) round magazine it's an "evil assault machinegun". Yeah, my rifle will spray bullets all over the place and kill millions if it has a 15 round magazine instead of a 10. Right.. Alot of cheap politicians like ot use firearms restrictions and bans as a platform to say "I'm doing good things! Vote for me!". This is especially rampant in California.

-Colt

Pi Man
2003-Aug-21, 05:50 AM
That's Heil! German is a lot simpler than English when it comes to "e" and "i". Pronounce the second one. "Ei is prononced "i". Ie is pronounced "e". [-X #-o :roll:

I know! I was telling him to walk close to my left heel. :lol: (Sorry, colt. That pun was just too much to pass up. :D )

Jetmech0417
2003-Aug-21, 06:09 PM

Amendment to #6 California will be stripped from the Union and made a territory of the state of Alaska with no voting rights whatsoever unless those occupants who already live there want to move to a newly formed state in the norther part of California called "Coltopia". Los Angeles will then be nuked and the rest of California straped onto a rocket piece-by-piece and shot into the Sun.

Thanks to my Secret Advisor the the suggestions. :wink: -Colt

Now I remember why I didn't vote for Colt......My beloved and her family live in CA.

Musashi
2003-Aug-21, 06:14 PM
I'm in California! Vote for me!! :D <--- that is my politician's grin...

Jetmech0417
2003-Aug-21, 07:49 PM
I prefer to keep my vote confidential until the final tally has been counted. Thank you.