PDA

View Full Version : Mars and Elnath

Bokmakierie
2008-Jan-29, 07:32 AM
With Mars low in the North and me not able to handle my 9" Dob any more, I took this rather pleasing shot of the planet with Elnath ( Beta Tauri) close by. Elnath is a blue giant. I used my Sony Cybershot T10 at 3X zoom and a high sensitivity setting on a tripod and self timer.

Thanks for all your lovely shots of the planet.

Phil

JAICOA
2008-Jan-29, 07:12 PM
Hi Phil it's been awhile glad to see you back. You have a very fine image of the pair and the blue giant really is blue nice catch and your stars background shows alot. Welldone my friend looking forward to see more and Clear Skies

winensky
2008-Jan-30, 01:18 PM
Well done and glad to see you back. I love shots of conjunctions as they are rare events. Hope you are well.

Kind regards
Matt

paul f. campbell
2008-Jan-31, 02:24 AM
Hi Phil.
Nice shot of this pair. Like the rest, I am glad to see you back. I know you are as well as you can be at this time, and I hope you grow stronger for there is much to do yet. Your friend Paul

Bokmakierie
2008-Jan-31, 06:35 AM
Thank you guys for your valued support. I am doing reasonably well on treatment and although I was 78 last week, I still enjoy all your excellent contributions. Congrats on the new scope, Paul!!! A beaut!!

Phil

David Mc
2008-Feb-01, 10:31 PM
Ignorance can be fun.

I went straight to the image an thought Elnath was a moon.

I don't know much, but I knew that wasn't right
and had to hustle back to the thread to make sure.

A little bit of "duh" to play on myself.

I've done some minor gazing with binoculars and telescopes of friends .
That's the first time I've ever appreciated the color contrast of a blue giant.

It's a facinating view for me to see.
47 years old
never saw it before.
Great stuff.