PDA

View Full Version : Matter vs Antimatter

tamer
2008-Feb-05, 02:51 AM
I would be very happy if someone could clear this up for me, because its been playing with my mind for a while...

I have been thinking about it for a while, and even though I have listened through many Astronomy Casts, and read quite a few books, I still havent gotten an answer to.

Regarding the issue of there being more matter created than anti-matter at the start of the universe, couldn't it be that they were actually created in equal amounts (as E=mc2 allows the creation of matter by converting energy into matter, and such a big energy release at the big band could create matter, it should also create an equal amount of anti-matter), but the expansion (and inflation) of the universe prevented ALL of the matter and anti-matter particles to come into contact with one-another to annihilate.

Basically, something like trying to hold hands with 20 of your friends in a very wavey day in the sea, and although you get to hold hands with some of your friends, the waves and currents just pull the rest of your friends too far away from you to be able to reach them.

I am aware that this means that there is an equal amount of of anti-matter as there is matter in the universe. Maybe it's out there???

Hope I'm making some sense. Comments are more than welcome.

Thank you,
Tamer Han

antoniseb
2008-Feb-05, 03:31 AM
I am aware that this means that there is an equal amount of of anti-matter as there is matter in the universe. Maybe it's out there???

When was there a time when the matter and antimatter would have been separated from each other, since in your model they were created together.

tamer
2008-Feb-05, 03:43 AM
They were created at the big band, and separated during the inflation of the universe.

antoniseb
2008-Feb-05, 04:35 AM
They were created at the big band, and separated during the inflation of the universe.

I don't know what big band means in this context (Glenn Miller?). But my point is that there is that you've described no mechanism as to why two pairs of proton-antiproton pairs would each have been separated in the same direction during inflation. This means that even if inflation pulled these things apart, it didn't sort one variety from another.

tamer
2008-Feb-05, 01:22 PM
sorry, Big Band is a mistype. Its actually The Big Bang.

Neverfly
2008-Feb-05, 10:28 PM
This is similar to the Relativity Talk thread started by Occams Ghost.

Ara Pacis
2008-Feb-06, 12:16 AM
You could be correct. Become a physicist and do some research to support it and get yourself published.

If you want to claim that matter and anti-matter flew off in opposite directions from the center of the universe at the big bang, just remember that people around here don't think there was or is a center of the universe.

rebel
2008-Feb-06, 02:05 AM
You could be correct. Become a physicist and do some research to support it and get yourself published.

If you want to claim that matter and anti-matter flew off in opposite directions from the center of the universe at the big bang, just remember that people around here don't think there was or is a center of the universe.

Welcome to baut Tamer, as you can see by this comment "the big bang" is more than a mystery. What's even more hilarious is these are the same people that believe in equal yet opposite reactions, energy cannot be created from nothing, and a "circular" universe, but not that there was a place of beginning or center of it all. Since we are mainstream the only help I can give you is to look at http://www.bautforum.com/against-mainstream/57621-my-theory-creation-universe.html.

Unless you completely agree with mainstream beliefs, they will merely talk down to you and threaten you. You will have much better luck answering your questions in against the mainstream forum. Hope to see you there :silenced:

Neverfly
2008-Feb-06, 09:47 AM
Unless you completely agree with mainstream beliefs, they will merely talk down to you and threaten you. You will have much better luck answering your questions in against the mainstream forum. Hope to see you there :silenced:

This claim you just made is as lacking in fact and substance as your ATM theory is.

I read that thread and no one threatened you.

If you felt talked down to, it is because you were not making any sense and were in denial about it.