PDA

View Full Version : Where is the wizard?

Damburger
2008-Feb-10, 01:07 PM
Someone has sent me a link to the latest perpetual motion crank:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ogLeKTlLy5E

I've watched it, and I'm fairly confident that he hasn't overturned the laws of thermodynamics. But I can't see where its getting the energy to accelerate like that.

I'm also a little confused by his explanation of how he claims it works. He is using terms in a strange way.

blueshift
2008-Feb-10, 04:18 PM
Someone has sent me a link to the latest perpetual motion crank:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ogLeKTlLy5E

I've watched it, and I'm fairly confident that he hasn't overturned the laws of thermodynamics. But I can't see where its getting the energy to accelerate like that.

I'm also a little confused by his explanation of how he claims it works. He is using terms in a strange way.I am going to rewatch it myself a few times. I do not think he was going after perpetual motion as much as attacking certain characteristics of Lens Law under certain conditions. If he created a perpetual motion machine I would have expected him to induce fields into other motors and had an array of them starting each other up without any hooked up to any power supply. I would also expect the bearings to become less worn with use and that did not happen.

Maybe there was something I missed in the first viewing but I did not seem to see any violation. He kept turning off field coils and the back EMF kept doing what it is supposed to be doing. Higher frequencies being shut off produce different results than lower frequencies do with coils opposing change stronger at those higher frequencies....Maybe he is taking advantage of eddy currents in some way? He might be just making a motor that is more efficient.

BetaDust
2008-Feb-10, 04:43 PM
--- By Blueshift --- He might be just making a motor that is more efficient.
I like more efficient moters!
That could make him verry rich!:)

William
2008-Feb-10, 06:25 PM
How does this sound as an explanation.

An induction motor will run at no load or under load (as long as the motor does not stall), at a fixed speed, where the motor speed, depends on the utility frequency, and how the motor induction coils are wound. For example a four pole induction motor runs at slightly less than 1800 rpm.

This “experiment” changes the frequency of the utility frequency, as applied to the motor coils, which in turn changes the speed of motor. Look at the number of permanent magnetics, each of which passes the external coil that generates a pulse. I am not sure why changing the shaft link from a non magnetic to a magnetic link affects the experiment.

The motor is ultimately powered from the utility. This is not a perpetual generator. The experiment has produced a variable speed motor.

Comment:
There have been crooks that have attempted to get money from the gullible to fund research which is not research. The hidden objective is to get money from the gullible. (i.e. There is no possibility the proposal could ever work.) For example those who proposed a engine that would run on water.

mugaliens
2008-Feb-11, 07:11 PM
He is using terms in a strange way.

Yes, which is clue number one that he really doesn't know what he's talking about.

Entropy is not a myth.