PDA

View Full Version : An artistic dilemma

Glom
2003-Aug-21, 08:14 PM
A few years back, I bought the I Love Lucy desktop.

It offers three features.
Every critical function is accompanied by a quote from the series.
At every startup, a new Lucy wallpaper is enabled.
It provides a new screensaver called the Lucy Carousel that rotated between still accompanied by captions, video clips and triva bits.I uninstalled it because of its limited reliability, but since then, I have got a new computer and I'm considering reinstalling this.

Right now, I used a spacey desktop, involving the standard Flying Through Space screensaver, various wallpapers from Hubblesite and APOD and the like, and a cool desktop style of my own design involving cool blue stuff and spacey fonts.

The advantage of the current desktop is that it matches the colour of the board. Changing to the Lucy Desktop would involve a radical new desktop style and redesigning my home page and the pages of My Documents so they'll match.

darkhunter
2003-Aug-21, 09:07 PM
Unless you really like Lucy....

I'd stay stick the Space Themes

ToSeek
2003-Aug-21, 09:08 PM
Are you more of a spacey person or more of an I Love Lucy person? I think that's the real question.

I had some Star Trek audio stuff like that for a while, but I disabled it because it got annoying very quickly.

Glom
2003-Aug-21, 09:13 PM
I've installed the Desktop but designing the style is hard. I want to use a Lucy-ish font but it results in the appearance being hard on the eyes.

Pi Man
2003-Aug-21, 09:22 PM
Why don't you try editing the space screen saver so that every once in a while, Lucy in a space suit floats by? :lol:

Humphrey
2003-Aug-21, 09:26 PM
well personally i use a combination of stuff. my backgrouds are webshots backgrounds and my pictures.

Sounds are from one theme. I thyink the mystery one. and the icons are standard.

But if you like i would go with lucy. gives a change of pace from the usual space themes here and on apolllohoax.

Mr. X
2003-Aug-21, 10:11 PM
My desktop is BLUE. It eats less memory like this.

I'm a practical person.

Pi Man
2003-Aug-22, 05:50 AM
My desktop is BLUE. It eats less memory like this.

I'm a practical person.

:D Boy! That is practical! My computer is pretty new, so I haven't done much with the personalization yet.

Everything is factory default, except the background, screensaver, and autohide toolbars.

kilopi
2003-Aug-22, 09:16 AM
My desktop is BLUE.
You must be running Windows. :)

Glom
2003-Aug-22, 11:57 AM
My desktop is BLUE.

Doesn't that sometimes frighten you when you confuse it with the Blue Screen of Death?

kucharek
2003-Aug-22, 12:09 PM
Do you think people on an astronomy board can give you an unbiased advice to your question?
Is it possible that you're a BABB addict? :)

Mr. X
2003-Aug-22, 03:02 PM
Fine! It's green now you all happy!? :D

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Aug-23, 04:39 PM
My desktop is a(n extremely amateurish) photo of the Moon I took awhile back.

My screensaver is SETI.

Better desktops are coming as I learn to take better astro-photographs.