PDA

View Full Version : Misunderstand every third post

Paul Beardsley
2008-Mar-06, 05:06 PM
In this thread, you can discuss anything allowed by BAUT rules. Each post can be a comment about a previous post, or a new subject altogether.

However, any discussion about a post whose number is divisible by 3 must include gross misunderstanding. For instance, if in post 9 someone says, "I've taken up fencing as a hobby because it keeps me fit, I imagine I'm a swashbuckling swordsman a la Douglas Fairbanks Junior, and I get to wear a sieve on my face," then post 10 might be, "How can fencing be an ongoing hobby? Surely once you've surrounded your garden, the job's done!"

Misunderstandings that appear in a divisible-by-3 posts must themselves be misunderstood.

You lose points for perfectly understanding a divisible-by-3 post, and for failing to understand a non-divisible-by-3 post. The point system will be explained in a divisible-by-3 post.

Misunderstandings must be friendly and helpful, and at least tenuously linked to the misunderstood content.

Laguna
2008-Mar-06, 08:07 PM
I think I misunderstood...

Trocisp
2008-Mar-06, 08:11 PM
I love the idea for the thread, it's great. :D

I'm at work at the moment, I file warranty work. Not really much to discuss.

Or misunderstand. :D

Laguna
2008-Mar-06, 08:13 PM
I love the idea for the thread, it's great. :D

I'm at work at the moment, I file warranty work. Not really much to discuss.

Or misunderstand. :D
Whats great about warranty work?

Trocisp
2008-Mar-06, 10:23 PM
It's easy.

Easy and decent pay = great.

No misunderstanding there. :p

Paul Beardsley
2008-Mar-06, 10:43 PM
I wasn't suggesting we have a warranty thread. What the heck is a warranty thread anyway?

I'd rather talk about my holiday in Florence, Italy. I am hoping to go there for my wedding anniversary next year.

KaiYeves
2008-Mar-06, 11:11 PM
You're visiting my aunt Florence?

Trocisp
2008-Mar-07, 02:05 AM
I believe you misunderstood.

He was going to visit his aunt florence.

Laguna
2008-Mar-07, 07:50 AM
His aunt florence from italy

Sean Clayden
2008-Mar-07, 09:36 AM
Isn't Florence in Italy ?

Paul Beardsley
2008-Mar-07, 03:06 PM
Florence is indeed in Italy, Sean. It is a very beautiful city, and in my opinion the heart of the Renaissance - more so than Venice or even Rome. It was home (at least some of the time) of the likes of Galileo (whose house is marked with a plaque and whose finger is still on display in a museum), Dante, Michelangelo, Macchiavelli, Brunelleschi and many others. Awesome examples of architecture abound, many within very short walking spaces of each other (unlike in Rome which is much more widely dispersed). Visit the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore (the most spellbinding cathedral in the universe), cross the Piazza Signoria, where Savonarola was burnt at the stake for heresy, stroll down the exquisite Uffizi and admire the colonnade of statues of famous Florentines, look up at the Vasari corridor and follow it across the river Arno via the superb Ponte Vecchio - and then just wander around where you will. It's all great.

Trocisp
2008-Mar-07, 03:51 PM
Mhm.

I believe I'll go make an apple pie.

Paul Beardsley
2008-Mar-07, 04:00 PM
Since when was "pie" a verb?

mahesh
2008-Mar-07, 05:13 PM
didn't Mr Shakespeare say...'to pie or not to pie' ....?

did i misunderstand correctly?

Paul Beardsley
2008-Mar-07, 09:03 PM
No and yes.

KaiYeves
2008-Mar-08, 12:06 AM
So yes, you know?

Trocisp
2008-Mar-08, 03:59 PM
I know that you mean no.

toejam
2008-Mar-08, 08:53 PM
Florence is indeed in Italy, Sean. It is a very beautiful city, and in my opinion the heart of the Renaissance - more so than Venice or even Rome. It was home (at least some of the time) of the likes of Galileo (whose house is marked with a plaque and whose finger is still on display in a museum), Dante, Michelangelo, Macchiavelli, Brunelleschi and many others. Awesome examples of architecture abound, many within very short walking spaces of each other (unlike in Rome which is much more widely dispersed). Visit the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore (the most spellbinding cathedral in the universe), cross the Piazza Signoria, where Savonarola was burnt at the stake for heresy, stroll down the exquisite Uffizi and admire the colonnade of statues of famous Florentines, look up at the Vasari corridor and follow it across the river Arno via the superb Ponte Vecchio - and then just wander around where you will. It's all great.

And my Italian friend says one more thing about it:

"The Third World begins South of Florence." :)

Trocisp
2008-Mar-09, 12:29 AM
What? Since when has florence been located on a different world?

mahesh
2008-Mar-10, 06:03 PM
since she spent the NIGHT IN GALE!

Trocisp
2008-Mar-10, 07:02 PM
Why were the winds that bad in italy? I didn't know they got hurricanes!

mahesh
2008-Mar-10, 07:26 PM
'curried hens' instead of pizza!

toejam
2008-Mar-12, 02:52 AM
Better those than curried pizza

Fadingstar
2008-Mar-12, 03:01 AM
To post 21! Too much pepperoni!

Noclevername
2008-Mar-12, 03:19 AM
Misunderstandings only every third post? Aah, good to see we're finally cutting back! :D

Trocisp
2008-Mar-12, 04:23 AM
Wait... what? To post #24, I really don't understand. :doh:

toejam
2008-Mar-12, 09:30 PM
Well try standing OVER the post if you can't get under it.

mahesh
2008-Mar-14, 02:14 PM
posting here requires a stamp of humour

toejam
2008-Mar-14, 07:52 PM
humour & wit, we all think we're full of it.

Fadingstar
2008-Mar-14, 11:11 PM
Monkey business eh!

mahesh
2008-Mar-15, 02:36 PM
Bringing on the Marx Brothers....in a 'minute and a huff'....

Fadingstar
2008-Mar-15, 09:54 PM
.... ..... ...... ...... ........! Honk honk.

Noclevername
2008-Mar-17, 12:01 PM
Wait... what? To post #24, I really don't understand. :doh:

(Ahem. If you get "the winds" from spicy foods...)

mahesh
2008-Mar-17, 02:30 PM
vindaloo?!

pardon me, is that the origin / reason?