PDA

View Full Version : Aldrin about the House

anu
2003-Aug-26, 05:15 PM
Might not be possible for US readers, as I'm not sure of its availability on the other side of the pond, but check out the Sept issue of that renowned vehicle of satire and cutting social comment, VIZ magazine. There's a great page-long cartoon strip with a storyline about Buzz Aldrin moving into a flat where unbeknown to him, the landlord is Bart Sibrell. Classic!

Glom
2003-Aug-26, 07:02 PM
Long time no see, anu.

What happens in it?

anu
2003-Aug-26, 11:24 PM
Buzz moves into a flat, and the two girls living there are chuffed to bits, but warn him that they've got to keep his presence a secret as their landlord is none other than B.S! All sorts of Viz-style shenanigans ensue, with B.S. as an unfortunate victim of all sorts of tomfoolery which he refutes the existence of. It ends up, not surprisingly, with B.S. catching Buzz red-handed in bed with his wife (this is Viz, after all). and B.S.'s response??

'I mean, look at those shadows, which indicate multiple light sources even though only one lamp is on, and the indentations in that mattress aren't nearly enough to account for the mass of your two bodies!

No, I don't believe it at all!'

freddo
2003-Aug-27, 02:06 AM
OMG!!!

=D> =D> =D>

The Bad Astronomer
2003-Aug-27, 04:11 AM
Link!

captain swoop
2003-Aug-27, 07:41 AM
Link!

Well, the site is www.vis.co.uk

but it doesn't feature that story, you have to buy the comic.

This month on the website you get ' Flat slags' 'Steve irwin, Nursing Home Care Assistant' 'Dr Poo' 'Profanisaurus Hangman' and the regulars.

Glom
2003-Aug-27, 04:58 PM
:lol: =D>

Andrew
2003-Aug-27, 09:07 PM
Link!

Knowing Viz, I doubt it'd be appropriate for this board!

TriangleMan
2003-Aug-27, 09:17 PM
Well, the site is www.vis.co.uk

You mean [edited to remove link to non-family site].

I'm assuming Viz is copyrighted? Too bad, guess we won't see it unless Viz puts it up. Maybe all the North American BABB'ers should email and ask for it to be put on the website.

Then again, I don't know if I'd want to read the response from the editors of a comic like Viz. :)

johnwitts
2003-Aug-27, 09:29 PM
Link!

I'm really not sure that a link to VIZ on a website read by children is such a good idea. Think South Park, the Movie Uncut, only much, much worse.

Very funny though... :-$

TriangleMan
2003-Aug-27, 09:34 PM
I'm really not sure that a link to VIZ on a website read by children is such a good idea.

Good point, what am I doing?! #-o
I've edited my previous post to remove the link.

Alex W.
2003-Aug-27, 09:49 PM
Aargh, my student shop sells this, but I'm a few hundred miles away from it. Curses...

I must search...

Can someone PM me a link to a scan of it if it ever turns up?

captain swoop
2003-Aug-28, 07:26 AM
Link!

I'm really not sure that a link to VIZ on a website read by children is such a good idea. Think South Park, the Movie Uncut, only much, much worse.

Very funny though... :-$

I started reading Vis when I was 14, what we in the UK call 'Schoolboy' humour. I see your point for viewing in the USA though, standards are different.