2003-Aug-26, 10:25 PM
Check this out.

http://www.weeklyuniverse.com/index.htm

Glom
2003-Aug-26, 10:28 PM
Wow!

CincySpaceGeek
2003-Aug-26, 11:02 PM
=D> Ditto. I love it when silly ideas put forth by "geniuses" are reduced to rubble with hard facts. Wonderful job!

JayUtah
2003-Aug-26, 11:21 PM
My lengthier and more technical review of Der Voron's article is at http://www.clavius.org/bibvoron.html .

BigGig
2003-Aug-26, 11:55 PM
I read your tech review of Der Voron's (rymes with something else doesn't it!) article. Damn you know I used to use maths like that and I have forgotten all of it! This fellow actually makes our jobs alot easier his arguments are sooo rediculous. Good job BigJim and Jay, and now your'e published in a reputable?! online magazine.

Hey anybody got a 5'' reflector i can borrow mars is super close tonight, although I don't think it will get to Aus on time!

Cheers.

BigJim
2003-Sep-01, 02:14 AM
I just got back - how exciting! I must read it!

BigJim
2003-Sep-01, 02:20 AM
WOW!!!! :o

They even published without my permission! :wink:

I think we did a nice job.

BigJim
2003-Sep-01, 02:34 AM
I love it! I love it! I love it! I'm going to Apollohoax now....

I think the funniest thing is that we are published right above Der Voron's article "Aliens Engineered Elephants." =D>

beskeptical
2003-Sep-01, 02:41 AM
That's fascinating. What a weird site. I wonder if anyone else rebuts the stuff on that tabloid?

They actually made your rebuttal fit right in.

JayUtah
2003-Sep-01, 04:54 AM
My opinion is that the Weekly Universe editor is trying to milk this debate for his own advantage. He seems to want this argument to play out on his site.

freddo
2003-Sep-01, 06:16 AM
Who wouldn't want a ringside seat to see Der Voron's proverbial kicked by the pair of you "goodfellas!!!"

BigJim
2003-Sep-01, 01:39 PM
Who wouldn't want a ringside seat to see Der Voron's proverbial kicked by the pair of you "goodfellas!!!"

I wouldn't. I agree with Jay here. I'm very upset that they published without my permission, and Jay points out that they make no distinction between what he wrote and what I wrote. I'll debate the guy at Apollohoax but I am not sending anything more to this garbage tabloid. Considering the level of the material usually published there it is not a place that I want to have stuff on.

freddo
2003-Sep-02, 06:13 AM
I wouldn't. I agree with Jay here.

I guess. I was referring a little more to the ruckuss over on apollohoax.

Considering the level of the material usually published there it is not a place that I want to have stuff on.

Hmm... Well at least the message will fly in the face of the other material - and you could be appealing to a worse audience.

I understand what you're saying though.

BigJim
2003-Sep-02, 04:00 PM
I wouldn't. I agree with Jay here.

I guess. I was referring a little more to the ruckuss over on apollohoax.

That looks like fun, if Mr. Voron dares to come back.