PDA

View Full Version : Well, BigDon Wanted Me To Update Y'all...

Big Bad Boo
2008-Mar-11, 03:21 AM
He has a really, really bad cold. High fever for the last two or so days (it's was hovering around 102, but I heard it has gone down.) His throat sounds horrible too, and from what I could translate of what Dad said, it hurts.

It's actually really funny; he sounds like Darth Vader going through puberty. :D

But he just wanted me to tell you that he's sick and that's why he's not posting.

Now I expect much sympathy posted on this board (even if forced. XD) so when I bring BigDon's meds tomorrow and drag his sorry butt out of bed he'll feel all
special (vs. picked on by his youngest daughter.)

:)

Swift
2008-Mar-11, 03:29 AM
Nice call for sympathy BBB. Tell Darth we hope he feels better, the Empire needs him.

The Supreme Canuck
2008-Mar-11, 03:37 AM
I'm sorry he's feeling down. Tell him to buck up, though - I have a big load of schadenfreude coming his way. My friend was sick all last week, so I hadn't seen him. He turned up in class today, and I asked him about it. Get this - he had scarlet fever. So, tell BigDon at least there's someone out there who had it worse.

Might cheer him up. ;)

Noclevername
2008-Mar-11, 03:39 AM
Get well soon, BigDon.

(Say, you couldn't get us a sound clip of his voice, could you...?)

mike alexander
2008-Mar-11, 04:05 AM
We're not too worried about BD; it's hard to dent adamantium

hhEb09'1
2008-Mar-11, 04:09 AM
I think I just got over the same thing! Although I just told someone this afternoon that I did not have a fever though--and my wife chimed in "yes you did!" Must've been more delirious than usual

TheHalcyonYear
2008-Mar-11, 04:23 AM
Who's Big Don??

sarongsong
2008-Mar-11, 05:49 AM
:doh: ---1st Base, if he really is Who! :)

Moose
2008-Mar-11, 12:15 PM
Halycon, if you see a really well told old-navy story anywhere on BAUT, BigDon's name will be on it somewhere.

Get well soon, Darth Don. I wanna hear about the time...

Maksutov
2008-Mar-11, 12:18 PM
Who's Big Don??BBB, you would think this person would have written "Big Bad Boo, Who?" Tell your dad we're hoping he gets better fast and faster is best. Plus best wishes for the voice change to be permanent. ;)

Tried to work "Uncle Fester" in there, but no luck.

Tish? You spoke French!

PS: TheHalcyonYear, check out BigDon's posts and learn. They're definitely worth reading more than once.

Ara Pacis
2008-Mar-11, 01:37 PM
We don't always get along, but I hope he's okay. I've had a couple fevers like that in the last year and I sympathize.

Take good care of him. He doesn't deserve a daughter like you, but then, he doesn't deserve a son-in-law like me either. :-)

SeanF
2008-Mar-11, 01:44 PM
Aw, poor widdle Big Don. Are you not feeling well, little guy?

(Hey, I've got a four-year-old daughter. That's what "sympathy" is like for me these days. Hope you get better, BD.)

closetgeek
2008-Mar-11, 02:11 PM
Get well soon, Big Don.

Doodler
2008-Mar-11, 03:43 PM
I know BD will shoot me out of a cannon for asking, but do you think you can get a recording of him saying, "No, Boo, I am your father!" :p

Give him my best on a quick rebound. That crap kicked my butt back in January. Took two weeks before the cough subsided.

korjik
2008-Mar-11, 04:06 PM
Get well soon. I doubt I am the only one who misses BigDon's story time :)

I also second Doodler's request. Technically tho, BigDon would give him a cat launch minus the F-18 instead of shoot him out of a cannon. :D

The Backroad Astronomer
2008-Mar-11, 04:16 PM
get well soon bigdon.

Moose
2008-Mar-11, 04:18 PM
He'll cat Doodler's boots, while Doodler's wearing them. ;)

Thirded on the Darth Don money-quote request, that would sound hy-larious.

TheHalcyonYear
2008-Mar-11, 06:09 PM
BBB, you would think this person would have written "Big Bad Boo, Who?"
And after I exercised such restraint!! :p

Swift
2008-Mar-11, 07:19 PM
Hey, is it a coincidence that Big Don is sick and we have a thread about Big Foot at the same time! :eek: I don't think so! :hand:

Tinaa
2008-Mar-11, 08:38 PM
Aw, poor widdle Big Don. Are you not feeling well, little guy?

(Hey, I've got a four-year-old daughter. That's what "sympathy" is like for me these days. Hope you get better, BD.)

I've got four teenagers in the house! They don't even notice I'm sick unless there is no supper cooked.

Larry Jacks
2008-Mar-11, 09:22 PM
Sounds like it's time to teach your teens to cook and then assign them the responsibility for the chore. I sometimes joke that my father believed that since the law required him to feed us kids, he might as well get some work out of us. We all had assigned duties to help around the house.

Besides, everyone should learn how to cook. Young people are delaying marriage or not getting married, so they'll be on their own for a long time. Eating out all of the time is expensive, time consuming, and very often fattening.

Tobin Dax
2008-Mar-11, 11:04 PM
Sounds like it's time to teach your teens to cook and then assign them the responsibility for the chore. I sometimes joke that my father believed that since the law required him to feed us kids, he might as well get some work out of us. We all had assigned duties to help around the house.

Besides, everyone should learn how to cook. Young people are delaying marriage or not getting married, so they'll be on their own for a long time. Eating out all of the time is expensive, time consuming, and very often fattening.
Dad usually cooked, and we kids never did. We did do a lot of housework, though. So I do know how to do it, but it may not get done until I have kids. :D

Seriously, Tinaa, put 'em to work. You gotta keep 'em out of trouble, right? :)

Edit: Oh, and get well, Don. :)

KaiYeves
2008-Mar-11, 11:30 PM
Get well soon, BigDon.

Gillianren
2008-Mar-12, 12:05 AM
I learned how to cook very young--after my dad died and while my mother had pneumonia. The following three winters. I've never regretted the knowledge, and I've become a pretty good cook over the years.

Hey, Boo, tell your dad hi for me, and tell him I hope he gets better. Also, congratulations on your senior membership!

Casus_belli
2008-Mar-12, 12:12 AM
Big Don ill? Never! He's been attacked by aliens. True.

Get well soon big guy.

KaiYeves
2008-Mar-12, 12:22 AM
Never! He's been attacked by aliens.
Must have been some other aliens. I wouldn't attack a math problem.

danscope
2008-Mar-12, 02:16 AM
Hi Big Don, Get better soon.....and start wearing gloves when you open doors!
The cough will go away in a month. You can beat the fever.
Best regards, Dan

SeanF
2008-Mar-12, 01:53 PM
I've got four teenagers in the house! They don't even notice I'm sick unless there is no supper cooked.
No supper cooked? Good grief, you better be dying.

;)

korjik
2008-Mar-12, 03:56 PM
Must have been some other aliens. I wouldn't attack a math problem.

You better watch it, them math problems will be all nice to you, then once you turn your back, WHAM you have to do a sixth derivitive of a multi-variable polynomial.

Better to get them first, before they know you are there.

:D

KaiYeves
2008-Mar-12, 11:27 PM
You better watch it, them math problems will be all nice to you, then once you turn your back, WHAM you have to do a sixth derivitive of a multi-variable polynomial.
Better to get them first, before they know you are there.
Oh, I'll solve them, I just won't attack them.