PDA

View Full Version : The End of an Era

TheHalcyonYear
2008-Mar-27, 07:19 AM
Egg McMuffin inventor dies at 89 (http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/26/obit.peterson.ap/index.html)

A Southern California McDonald's restaurants official says Egg McMuffin inventor Herb Peterson has died in Santa Barbara at age 89.:sad:

farmerjumperdon
2008-Mar-27, 11:47 AM
I say he branded it, not invented it. We were eating egg, bacon & cheese sandwiches on bread, bagels, muffins etc long before 1972.

TheHalcyonYear
2008-Mar-27, 08:24 PM
I say he branded it, not invented it. We were eating egg, bacon & cheese sandwiches on bread, bagels, muffins etc long before 1972.
Are you suggesting the news media got it wrong??? :eek:

;)

Swift
2008-Mar-27, 08:33 PM
How is it the end of an era? Is McD's going to stop selling them now?
"Sorry, Mr. Peterson was the only one who knew how to make them and the formula died with him" :D

I wonder if he died of a heart attach? :razz:

By the way, I found a picture of the coffin they are going to use. LINK (http://www.cawrecycles.org/files/images/styrofoam_0.jpg). :eek:

Moose
2008-Mar-27, 08:35 PM
If he has, I've long since reverse-engineered them. I'll be a millionaire!

TheHalcyonYear
2008-Mar-27, 08:39 PM
If he has, I've long since reverse-engineered them. I'll be a millionaire!
nah, reverse engineers never get rich. :)

Van Rijn
2008-Mar-27, 08:39 PM
Huh. I don't believe I ever had an Egg McMuffin. Usually, if I bother with breakfast at all (I often don't) I'll have it at home.

Gillianren
2008-Mar-28, 12:21 AM
I don't like eggs, so no, I've never had one.

Graybeard6
2008-Mar-28, 05:12 AM
I much prefer a sausage & egg biscuit from Hardee's but there are none locally so on the rare occasions when I'm out in the morning I'll settle for a sausage & egg croissant from BK.
If memory serves McD's hasn't had good luck developing new sandwiches; They "appropriated" the Big Mac from a smaller chain and as pointed out above egg muffins had been around for a long time.

Michael Noonan
2008-Mar-28, 05:30 AM
nah, reverse engineers never get rich. :)

Maybe, maybe not

all backhoe-equipped diggers are commonly called JCBs, while the term "backhoe" is almost unknown to the general public. The founder of the JCB company holds the honour of being the only non-American in the US construction industry's Hall of Fame.

A friendly dig :)

RalofTyr
2008-Mar-28, 05:43 AM
The Egg McMuffin was betrayed Eggs Benidict Arnold.