PDA

View Full Version : big topic: Variable stars?

evan.aavso
2008-Mar-28, 08:27 PM
Hello everyone, i have posted some of my astrophotography work in a previous thread, but it was an informal introduction. My name is evan, i am a research member of GRAS, and the AAVSO. I myself am a variable star observer, and a nova watcher. i assume this forum has more like me?

Anyways, who saw the GRB 080319B? I heard it had a huge magnitude, I didn't get a chance to catch it. Post images if you have it!

antoniseb
2008-Mar-28, 08:35 PM
who saw the GRB 080319B? I heard it had a huge magnitude, I didn't get a chance to catch it.

If you had sharp eyes it might have been visible to the unaided eye for a few seconds, with no warning. There are pictures... google "pi in the sky GRB" for a nice sequence.

The odds that someone actually saw it in person is so close to zero as to be zero.

evan.aavso
2008-Mar-28, 09:25 PM
Someone in one of my other forums just happened to be looking in that area as it happen, 30 count stacked in 1 minute.. i'll try and find the .gif he made.

trinitree88
2008-Mar-31, 06:31 PM
Someone in one of my other forums just happened to be looking in that area as it happen, 30 count stacked in 1 minute.. i'll try and find the .gif he made.

evan Welcome to baut. As for the stack....well that's serendippity...(Gillian, two p's?)...pete

Kaptain K
2008-Apr-05, 11:49 PM
evan Welcome to baut. As for the stack....well that's serendippity...(Gillian, two p's?)...pete

One p!

trinitree88
2008-Apr-09, 06:13 PM
One p!

Kaptain. Ah! the new Gillian... Danke.:lol: pete

Kaptain K
2008-Apr-10, 12:11 AM
Kaptain. Ah! the new Gillian... Danke.:lol: pete

FWIW, my computer/browser has a spell checker.