PDA

View Full Version : Nancy's history?

Kebsis
2003-Sep-07, 06:16 PM
Does anyone know what types of things Nancy was up to before the PX stuff started? I remember reading that she had a job with computers that she quit to do zetatalk, but specifically I was wondering if she had any history of psychological insanerificness.

Anyone have the full story?

R.A.F.
2003-Sep-07, 06:50 PM
...psychological insanerificness.

Insanerificness...Hmmm...I like that word. I don't think it's a real word but that doesn't stop me from liking it. :D

tmosher
2003-Sep-07, 07:15 PM
Oh there have been things posted here and there about her.

What sticks out in my mind is her refusal to believe in Comet Hale-Bop. In fact, a few amateur astronomers set up their telescopes outside her apartment and tried to convince to come outside and look at the comet. From what I've read, she refused.

If you're interested, Skeptical Mind has accumulated some information on her:

http://www.skepticalmind.com/nancy.html

Jack Higgins
2003-Sep-07, 08:30 PM
Why did she refuse to believe in Hale-bopp...? (I expect she probably had a few followers in that too... :roll: )

You didn't even need a telesope to see it at the time, IIRC... What's up with that?

Checkmate
2003-Sep-07, 08:37 PM
See for yourself. (http://www.laughton.com/paul/rfo/nancy/mark.html)

Kebsis
2003-Sep-08, 03:10 AM
Insanerificness...Hmmm...I like that word. I don't think it's a real word but that doesn't stop me from liking it.

What can I say? Some things just...can't be appropriately described using pre-existing words.

Thanks for the links guys. So, the 'sign' that made her decide to throw away her life for Zetatalk was an unwrapped Starburst?? :o And I would figure that having an alien tell me the future would alone be enough of a sign :roll:

foxd
2003-Sep-09, 03:25 AM
I seem to recall when she first started posting to sci.astro that she thought it was a local bbs. :o

snake river rufus
2003-Sep-09, 01:09 PM
I still have a REALLY STRONG urge to say bad things about her. I believe that she could end up on a tall building, sniping at the non-believers or something.

WolfKC
2003-Sep-09, 01:59 PM
...psychological insanerificness.Insanerificness...Hmmm...I like that word. I don't think it's a real word but that doesn't stop me from liking it. :DMe too! :D