PDA

View Full Version : Morehead Planetarium plugs this site

ToSeek
2003-Sep-09, 12:53 AM
From their email newsletter:

LINKS
Each month, check this section for interesting Web links.*

+ www.badastronomy.com (http://www.badastronomy.com/)
Astronomer Phil Plait debunks popular theories and images about astronomical issues, often times featuring popular movies, television and news to make this point. An interesting way to learn astronomy!

Morehead Planetarium and Science Center (http://www.morehead.unc.edu) is a public service provided by
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. (http://www.unc.edu)

If you would like to subscribe to Morehead Planetarium and Science Centerís E-Newsletter, please send a blank email to subscribe-planetarium_news@listserv.unc.edu.

Chuck
2003-Sep-09, 04:43 AM
Should we smile and wave in case any of their readers look in on us?

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Sep-12, 03:38 AM
*Smiles and waves*

StarWidget
2003-Dec-17, 08:24 PM
Just thought I would smile and wave back... I'm a student employee at the Morehead Planetarium and Science Center. *smiles and waves back*

tuffel999
2003-Dec-17, 09:31 PM
Well hello and welcome then!

devil's advocate
2003-Dec-17, 09:35 PM
=; + [-X

(Closest thing I could find to a wave)

The Bad Astronomer
2003-Dec-17, 09:50 PM
Pssst. Morehead is in North Carolina. Don't say "hello". Say "howdy, y'all"!

I was born in Virginia. Trust me here.

tuffel999
2003-Dec-18, 04:43 AM

I am from Georgia and I hate both words and do my best to avoid them because it makes people sound so bad. Not that you sound bad BA 8) but I hate the way southerners talk at times.

Humphrey
2003-Dec-18, 10:20 PM

I am from Georgia and I hate both words and do my best to avoid them because it makes people sound so bad. Not that you sound bad BA 8) but I hate the way southerners talk at times.

Move to florida, we dont get many true southern accents here except in the panhandel.

tuffel999
2003-Dec-19, 01:49 AM
Move to florida, we dont get many true southern accents here except in the panhandel.

Ahhhh the redneck riveria! (well at least we call Panama City that)

Betenoire
2004-Jan-12, 05:55 PM
With the official Redneck bikini: A bikini top and cutoff shorts.

As somebody from Florida who's in CH, NC, I settle for a "Howya doin'?" though steering away from the Brooklyn accent that peppers Florida.

Spacewriter
2004-Jan-23, 02:31 PM
We're from Colorado, temporarily banned to Massachusetts ;) and we haven't picked up the Hahvahd Squayah accent yet. We tend to talk with a drawl among ourselves at home (Hiyadune, dahlin'), even though there's no such accent native to Colorado. But after years of experience with relatives from Texas and Florida, we sorta like the informality of a little "country" accent. Don't ask me why, and I certainly didn't use it when I was defending my thesis! ;)