PDA

View Full Version : Honest opinions about Universe Today website.

bautforum
2008-Jun-04, 01:00 AM
To be perfectly straight with you it looks a bit geocities. You know what i mean.
http://www.universetoday.com

The whole first page is spam. Ads for stuff. spaceDaily used to be even worse with its google ads popping up all over the place. I see you have those too filling the whole right half of the next page.

Then the stories are piled up on top of each other. I like the continuity. The pictures are good.

Oveerall I have to say its a fairly ugly site. No offence mean't. I just think it could use a makeover. And less ads.

BetaDust
2008-Jun-04, 11:18 AM
I don't get much add's, I get 4 or 5 on UT but they don't really make the page look bad, IMHO.

Dennis

Occam
2008-Jun-11, 10:51 AM
Well, I use Opera and so I don't see any ads but...
It really bugs me when I see a superb looking picture that is a hotlink, which takes me to a picture... <drum roll> exactly the same size!

What exactly is the point of that? Why not link to either a larger image or to a high quality image at the original source? Otherwise, great information and interesting news.

a-l-e-x
2008-Jun-18, 10:27 PM
Are you having problems with the new Opera? Im getting weird errors, like messages not posting properly and also when I type a full line it goes back to the beginning of said line instead of going to the next one.

sarongsong
2008-Sep-10, 08:20 PM
A bit late, perhaps; no problems with version 9.52 of Opera on BAUT.

Solfe
2008-Oct-06, 01:38 AM
A bit late, perhaps; no problems with version 9.52 of Opera on BAUT.

What OS do you have? Opera 9.5 made my otherwaise nice Vista pc go nuts. I stepped back an everything was fine.

I love Opera so I'd like to step up, has 9.52 improved over 9.5?

Back to the REAL topic. Universe today seems to have most plain font and the adds push the content down to the "fold" so to speak. Nice images, but the spacing is really crammed.

Solfe