PDA

View Full Version : Advertising the book and web-site.

NASA Fan
2003-Sep-20, 06:42 PM
Yesterday I met an older gentelman who seemed to be a bit contradictive in his views about the moonlandings. He mumbled a lot so I had a hard time understanding him.

He seemed to both believe that we only went to the moon once, but also that we could not have gone at all because of the "radiation argument" that he had seen on tv.

I happened to have a printed out copy of the counter arguments available, and gave that to him--which he was very gratefull for. I even advertised this site, and the book so hopefully that means that I got one sceptic turned into a believer.

The man said that he would share the info with his son who is a school principal, and interested in that type of things, so hopefully that will mean one more person in our camp.

Have any of you been able to turn skeptics into believers, or at least attempted?

kelly
2004-Mar-07, 10:40 PM
~NASA fan: I was at a coffee shop tutoring a 1st year university student in trig integrals, and some old man over heard me saying, "sine, cos, tan, arctan etc." and he came over and asked us if we were designing an atomic bomb.. I was quick to assure him that basic integration is not the necessary skill to build a bomb. So he said he was going to do some research on the topic. At least I got him going in the right direction! =D>

SpaceTrekkie
2004-Mar-08, 12:38 AM
~NASA fan: I was at a coffee shop tutoring a 1st year university student in trig integrals, and some old man over heard me saying, "sine, cos, tan, arctan etc." and he came over and asked us if we were designing an atomic bomb.. I was quick to assure him that basic integration is not the necessary skill to build a bomb. So he said he was going to do some research on the topic. At least I got him going in the right direction! =D>

That is very good..unless of course he asked because he wanted to know if you would teach him how if that was what you were doing.

I have never run into a moon HBer so have not attempted to turn anyone. GREAT JOB and TWO THUMBS UP to all you people that did! The more people who relize the truth the greater humanity can arise.

-ST

kelly
2004-Mar-11, 06:54 AM
I work for the University of Victoria in the astronomy dept, and I also show the night sky to all those that are interested to try and convert everyone.. You'd be surprised at some of the unfortunately misinformed people. The best was," Are shooting stars, stars falling into earth?" But I am glad I was there to help. ](*,)

The Bad Astronomer
2004-Mar-11, 10:13 PM
I work for the University of Victoria in the astronomy dept

Ah! Do you know my friend Mike Byrne? He and his wife Mary and two kids show up at every public night. I've known Mary for 20+ years.

kelly
2004-Mar-17, 06:45 PM
hmmmmm Mike Byrne hey? I am better with faces.. You say he works in the Astronomy Dept at UVIC in Victoria BC Canada? I'll ask around.. Im on mission now :D