PDA

View Full Version : Why I am geeked/giddy right now

man on the moon
2008-Jun-05, 07:36 AM
1) Red Wings take the cup!

2) Obama wins! AKA Hillary doesn't!

3) School is almost out and I have an amazing summer lined up work wise!

Also, I'm watching Jay Leno/Conan O'brien when Jay's done, but that happens all the time anyway. The above three are a phenomenal, statistically improbable events that actually had a fair amount going for them and are incredible anyway. And they all happened at the same time! Therefore I am geeked (giddy, sorry) right now.

What, you are (not) too?

Donnie B.
2008-Jun-05, 11:15 AM
Hey, careful with the political content there!

...not everybody is a Red Wings fan, you know.

jokergirl
2008-Jun-05, 11:39 AM
Personally I'm grouchy/grumpy.

1) I wish they would shut up about the Euro2008 (EM) already.

2) I wish they would shut up about the election in the USA already.

3) Not in school any more, so not enough vacation :( (and most of it is going to be filled with family, the joy of working abroad)

-joker the grouch

dcolanduno_old
2008-Jun-05, 11:52 AM
Fun fact...

If you come to Dragon*Con, remember that Conan O'Brian usually comes to the con, but always wears something VERY difficult, if not, impossible to recognize him in.

Fazor
2008-Jun-05, 01:25 PM
1) Since I lived in Pittsburgh for a year, and was a big Penguins fan when I was younger (Lemux years), I was kinda rooting for them...but I didn't think they had a shot. 'Troit just had too much momentum.

2) Couldn't care less either way.

3) Been out of school for too long...summer doesn't really mean much to me except a forced drop in water-weight (I don't have a/c at home).

Oh, and I don't watch late-nite tv, 'caus that's when I catch up on my DVR'd stuff.

so bah-humbug to you, sir!

----

Just kidding...last night wasn't too bad for me either. Couldn't do work in the yard because of the six feet of rain we got (slight exaggeration, but there are parts that are under national emergency status 'round here. It just wouldn't stop). So I spent the night relaxing and playing Age of Conan...then catching up with an old friend and learning a new song on the guitar (the last one always puts me in a good mood). So all and all, not too shabby.

KaiYeves
2008-Jun-05, 08:15 PM
My mom is filling out my forms for Space Academy right now!