PDA

View Full Version : HMMM

John Kierein
2003-Sep-22, 02:28 PM
Is this crackpot? Here's an email I got:

Can communication be transmitted over distance without the need for electromagnetic radiation "travelling" to carry the message? Hartmut Mueller of the Institute for Space-Energy-Research in Wolfratsthausen, Germany, says it can.

Mueller has developed a theory of global scaling, which states that matter and energy organize in accordance with principles of scale. The "nodes" or preferred points of concentration, may be distant in linear space, but adjacent in "logarithimic space", allowing for instant connectivity over distances that are difficult to bridge with today's radio technologies.

First experiments have been successful. This is a future technology worth watching out for - it could well revolutionize communications (and more) in the coming decades.

Read the whole article here:

http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2003/09/21/a_universe_of_scale_stars_edge_closer.htm

If link does not work, enter the home page and scroll down until you see the headline:

http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/

kucharek
2003-Sep-22, 02:41 PM
I read a little bit on the website and remembered some comments in newsgroups about this guy with regards to his electrosmog research and his gravity-wave-based communication which was said to be demonstrated two years ago.
All the stuff his pretty high on the kook-scale...

parejkoj
2003-Sep-22, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure about the rest of it (ok, I'm quite sure about the rest of it... :evil: ), but the part on number theory is very kooky. Whoever wrote it doesn't actually know number theory, but must have read it in a popular book somewhere. To whit:

1 is not a prime number! It cannot be a prime number, because it is the "unity" element against which prime numbers are defined. I got this wrong myself once, but the natural numbers (any group, infact) cannot have its unity element be prime, otherwise the group isn't a group!

The distribution of prime numbers on the number line is so irregular that so far no formula was found which would perfectly describe their distribution. Only the Theory of Global Scaling was able to solve this mystery: The distribution of numbers is indeed very irregular - but only on the linear number line. On the logarithmic number line, large gaps of prime numbers recur in regular intervals....

Apparently, this fellow's theory solves all the conjectures about the distribution of primes. If that is the case, a Field's Medal is in order! Primes do cluster, but we don't really know why. Gaps occur between primes no matter how you look at the number line, logarithmic or not. This is one of the major unsolved problems of the past couple centuries, and it will probably remain unsolved for quite some time.

Logarithims are nothing special: I use them all the time. There are a lot of natural phenomenon that are based off of a log scale (the sensitivity of the eye comes to mind), but that doesn't mean that the log is the universal whachamajig. Incidentally, I'm rather curious which log scale this fellow is using (I didn't read the whole article, but didn't see this mentioned): in math and physics, log actually means natural log (to base 'e'), not log to base 10 which is what most people think of.

AstroSmurf
2003-Sep-22, 03:22 PM
Incidentally, I'm rather curious which log scale this fellow is using (I didn't read the whole article, but didn't see this mentioned): in math and physics, log actually means natural log (to base 'e'), not log to base 10 which is what most people think of. Well, it doesn't really matter - converting between the two is very simple (log10(x) == ln(x)/ln(10)) and so forth. If he makes some numerological connections, this would seriously foul up his schemes, but otherwise it's a non-issue. But you knew this already :P

2003-Sep-22, 04:11 PM
give this a RED flag
My guess is {i can only guess} that there are other ways besides RADIO/TV
-----------
heres my furthor (far out) HYboTHisIS
when A11? (maybe it was some other number)
"drifted right" maybe it was LEFT
======================
my HyP is that the envelope (EGG) {Gravity Pod}
the Eagle was in ?/?
::::::::::::::::::::::::
determined that if left to Armstrong
he would just be (explative deleted ahead of time)
"SPLAT" and moved (it) {him} THEM to avoid that
??????????????????????????????????????????????????
to me its communication So [x} yes {] no ( )maybe

Archer17
2003-Sep-22, 08:41 PM
give this a RED flag
My guess is {i can only guess} that there are other ways besides RADIO/TV
-----------
heres my furthor (far out) HYboTHisIS
when A11? (maybe it was some other number)
"drifted right" maybe it was LEFT
======================
my HyP is that the envelope (EGG) {Gravity Pod}
the Eagle was in ?/?
::::::::::::::::::::::::
determined that if left to Armstrong
he would just be (explative deleted ahead of time)
"SPLAT" and moved (it) {him} THEM to avoid that
??????????????????????????????????????????????????
to me its communication So [x} yes {] no ( )maybe
:o