PDA

View Full Version : 2012: No Killer Solar Flare

Fraser
2008-Jun-21, 09:30 PM
We could be in for a huge firework display in 2012. The Sun will be approaching the peak of its 11-year cycle, called "solar maximum", so we can expect a lot of solar activity. Some predictions put the solar maximum of Solar Cycle 24 even more energetic than the last solar maximum in 2002-2003 (remember [...]

More... (http://www.universetoday.com/2008/06/21/2012-no-killer-solar-flare/)

Maha Vailo
2008-Jun-24, 11:11 PM
Killer, schmiller; all I'm interested in is whether or not my DS and my Wii will still work afterward.

- Maha "solar fear" Vailo

Tina Chavez
2009-Jun-05, 07:37 PM
But what about all this stuff that people are saying about Planet X, Niburu, and all the other names it is called. I have watched so many videos on YOUTUBE its not even funny lol. I am freaked out I guess you can say. I know i freaked myself out, but thats just the way I am. I have 3 kids and really dont wanna burn to my death lol. I just want to know real facts about this so called planet x and if its not real then where did this theory come from and is it really visable on google earth. I heard supposadly its moving really fast and will hit on Dec 21 2012. Can you elaborate please, and tell me something that will actually help me sleep at night, because as the days get closer and closer to this stupid date, I can not sleep. Thank you!

PraedSt
2009-Jun-05, 07:55 PM
Welcome to BAUT Tina. Don't worry, nothing will happen in 2012, except that we'll all get a bit older.

Use the search function to find threads on 2012/Niburu/PlanetX- we have quite a few.

If that doesn't work, ask your question in the Q&A section. We'll be glad to help.

Enjoy your stay! :)

2009-Jun-05, 11:33 PM
Hi, Tina. Welcome. Please don't worry. The predictions are unbacked by facts.

For some unstrange reason I happen to have handy access to a link that will take you to the most recent long list of links to 2012 topics discussed in BAUT Forum. If you're prepared to read a little go here (http://www.bautforum.com/1481809-post26.html).

I'd love to tell you exactly what you need to hear to stop worrying about whatever you've encountered, but there are so many false predictions it's hard to know what that might be. I'm pretty sure it, or they, as topics have been discussed here, though. Check the list.

And please don't worry.

Maha Vailo
2009-Jun-06, 02:12 AM
The Google Earth angle of this load of hooey is new to me. Would someone care to elaborate on that and what it really shows?

The rest of the stuff you don't have to worry about, Tina. TEOTWAWKI prophets have babbled on since time immemorial, and will continue to babble on until, well, the end of time. We won't know when the end will come, and when it happens, it happens. The best thing we can do is not worry about it and just make things better in our own time and space.

Feeling better now?

- Maha Vailo

2009-Jun-06, 02:22 AM
The Google Earth angle of this load of hooey is new to me. Would someone care to elaborate on that and what it really shows?

I bet it's Google Sky. We've had threads about it. It's almost always a star too bright from the original source materials, so left as a large uniform blob, or a black rectangle. Sometimes it's some defect or mistake in imaging. People wrongly assume Google Sky is a perfect record of astronomical objects and would show no artifacts from tools or creators. See What is this that i found on google SKY? looks like a spacecraft!!!! (http://www.bautforum.com/space-astronomy-questions-answers/88798-what-i-found-google-sky-looks-like-spacecraft.html)

TRUTHisnotfacts
2009-Jun-06, 03:26 AM
O ok

TRUTHisnotfacts
2009-Jun-06, 03:30 AM
History only shows so much but the stuff that we do not understand is what started heated topics .

jdavisabc
2009-Jul-27, 10:17 PM
PraedSt
Distinguished Order of Kilopi Join Date: Sep 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to BAUT Tina. Don't worry, nothing will happen in 2012, except that we'll all get a bit older.

Use the search function to find threads on 2012/Niburu/PlanetX- we have quite a few.

If that doesn't work, ask your question in the Q&A section. We'll be glad to help.

Enjoy your stay!

Have none of you really noticed in these 'stories' peddled by this websites authors, that when they start to describe what others have predicted, they make it sound rediculous. Then, sets about trying to use science (or what fraction of it we actually really understand) to explain what, when, how and why this can't happen. But in all of these explanations, when they begin it starts with "We don't fully understand..." or "I have a suspicion..." or "Scientists think.....".

It is no more convincing than a doomsayer! LMAO

In effect, what they are saying IS, we don't know these catastrophies will/will not happen. In principle they can't (based on information from biased government sources which we teach kids in schools by our corrupt and lie-obsessed governments (profit, profit, profit!) <- I had to write these together because they go claw-in-claw), but not even scientists know everything, so it's still all up in the air. Considering most scientific studies would have been funded by someone likely to benefit directly from peddling mis-science, this site is in fact just as much speculation as the doomsayers!

I mean come on, if you knew as much as you get paid for, you'd be stars yourselves. Still I guess it is just the Yang to the doomsayers Yin. Just an opposite side of a coin. This site shoudln't put ANY of your fears to bed, and nor should it add to them.

If this site says don't listen to doomsayer predictions, surely our science is also only a prediction from our point of view. A photon doesn't know it's called a photon. We just make it up as we go along!

What you end up with is a choice, like I have been confronting myself with for months now:

1 Do you believe the doomsayer. Will everything go belly-up in 2012, based on ALL religions, not just the mayan calendar?
2 Do you believe the partially informed scientist, who's best interest it would be in, to peddle mis-information to keep everyone calm.

I liked the ending of one of the 'stories' (that is all thy are in-fact), that we might be in for a religious event, not a doomsday event. To complete his knowledge of ALL religions pointing to the same point in time, describing multiple events.

So what what do we do. Let's sit and wait it up and just go with the flow.
If naught happens, cool. Some people have egg in their faces. That's the end of it.
If the stuff hits the fan, all those who are so sure of their "we're not quite sure..." and "we think this is how it works..." and "I suspect..." will drop dead from shock. So there is something positive afterall! :D

jdavisabc
2009-Jul-27, 10:56 PM
This site is saying "we don't know how it works, so it can't happen"

This event isn't going to happen, because what little we know says it can't happen.

GREAT!

slang
2009-Jul-27, 11:00 PM
Have none of you really noticed in these 'stories' peddled by this websites authors, that when they start to describe what others have predicted, they make it sound rediculous.

Well, yeah. That's because it is rediculous. Hardly surprising that it sounds rediculous then, is it? Of course scientists predict that the sky will be blue tomorrow (barring cloudy weather, oh shucks..) but it's all up in the air, right? Might as well be purple with pink heart shapes all over it tomorrow!

Van Rijn
2009-Jul-27, 11:30 PM
1 Do you believe the doomsayer. Will everything go belly-up in 2012, based on ALL religions, not just the mayan calendar?

We don't get into religious discussion here. However, I certainly don't believe that "ALL religions" or the Mayan calendar say there will be doom in 2012. The Mayan calendar rolls over just like our calendar does. That's it. No doom. Big deal.

2 Do you believe the partially informed scientist, who's best interest it would be in, to peddle mis-information to keep everyone calm.

I believe this is a retread of the 2003 "planet X" claim. I believe, just as last time, if there were, for example, a giant planet heading into the inner solar system, it would be impossible to hide it. The issue is that this claim is not based on anything real, and there is no evidence for it.

pzkpfw
2009-Jul-28, 12:48 AM
jdavisabc; Welcome to BAUT. Please go read the rules.

They are here: http://www.bautforum.com/forum-rules-faqs-information/32864-rules-posting-board.html

jdavisabc
2009-Jul-28, 09:17 PM
Rules schmules. ;)

And Hi back!

gilliatt46
2009-Jul-29, 02:03 AM
It seems that a great deal of the concern surrounding the events predicted for the year 2012 are based on an interpretation of the Mayan calendar. Having studied that calendar carefully, I have to agree that we are in for a calamity. The Mayans' mathematics clearly indicate that in December of 2012, all Starbucks stores will simultaneously run out of everything but decaf, causing millions of people to fall asleep at their desks. My advice: be prepared with the location of the nearest Dunkin Donuts.

Swift
2009-Jul-29, 03:43 AM
And they do grow coffee in Central America.... hey, I think we got something here.
That's good advise people, you should listen to gilliatt46! :D

And gilliatt46, welcome to BAUT.