PDA

View Full Version : Phil is a "NASA groupy gunslinger"

ToSeek
2003-Sep-25, 04:09 PM
According to Kent Steadman (http://www.godlikeproductions.com/bbs/message.php?message=166362&topic=3)

vpn
2003-Sep-25, 04:24 PM
Who can translate Kentís post in English for me please?

digitalspector
2003-Sep-25, 04:28 PM
vpn lol. I would have to agree. Its mostly just fragmented thought and gibberish strung togethor in a meak attempt to make something seem more.

I've never understood him.:-k #-o

foxd
2003-Sep-25, 04:29 PM
Better yet, ask him what ever happened to Terry Tim Rodgers?

Inquiring minds want to know.

vpn
2003-Sep-25, 04:57 PM

I am completely lost now. Who is Terry Tim Rodgers? I searched on Google in I found this site: http://blaster.freeyellow.com/page8.html, who belongs to a T. Tim Rodgers. Are we speaking about the same guy? My T. Tim Rodgers is a very interesting person, who seems to be in a continuous search for some ancient documents related to "paranormal phenomenon and ufo's". If you enter his site, he has some unexplained tales for instance. This tales are telling the same sad story of an ancient lost document.
The page you requested no longer exists or
The page you are looking for might have been removed. The news section is even more dramatic:
This page has moved to California to find itself. Actually, we couldn't find the page you requested.

johnisevil
2003-Sep-25, 05:40 PM
Not only are the Planet X claims funny, but you have to love the personal claims from those people as well. Numerous times I've been labelled as a government agent. I must be the Doogie Howser of the American government for a few reasons:

1. I'm a Canadian citizen
2. I'm 22 years old.

:)

CincySpaceGeek
2003-Sep-25, 06:19 PM
Off topic...DANG!! Idol_harobed has beauty, brains, AND common sense. I think I'm in love! \:D/ Now someone's gonna burst by bubble and say that her avatar isn't really her, right?

ToSeek
2003-Sep-25, 06:39 PM
Off topic...DANG!! Idol_harobed has beauty, brains, AND common sense. I think I'm in love! \:D/ Now someone's gonna burst by bubble and say that her avatar isn't really her, right?

I think the avatar is Deborah Lodi (note reversal of letters), and the poster idol_harobed is her boyfriend. He has a big chip on his shoulder because she was taken in by Nancy and the PX stuff for a while. But I could be wrong - reading GLP does things to my brain.

Betenoire
2003-Sep-25, 06:51 PM
2. I'm 22 years old.

To paraphrase Arlo Guthrie, to be a G-man you have to be at least forty years old 'cause it takes that long for your natural *******ness to develop.

digitalspector
2003-Sep-25, 08:39 PM
kinda funny the GLP posts concerning the BA, and now some of the woo-woos are doing it at another board.....wonder what got them all in a tizzy. Me thinks they frequent the same boards

..I think changes in the phenomena imply that the distance between the sun and these comets or whatever they are--is increasing--as they approach and come closer to our planet.

...Whether they will collide with us or go around us, naturally, is an open question--one which astronomers and Government apparachnix have studiously avoided addressing.

...I have no words to describe the contempt I feel for "professional" astronomers who have spent prodigious amounts of time and energy calling us liars, who have seen something and asked to have it explained.

...In particular, the turkey that runs BadAstronomyForum can just go milk a duck, as far as I am concerned. I don't consider him an educated human being, let alone, an astronomer.

...Phil only responds to questions that are framed in the kind of language that he deems politically correct and non-invasive. Telling the simple truth would not occur to that man.

*I own the emphasis*

How's that for intelligence #-o

Well if NL doesn't keep it up...her drones surely will. ](*,) :D

AstroRockHunter
2003-Sep-25, 08:53 PM
Emperor Kenton wrote:

Re: NASA Groupy Gunslinger

Moscow neutron indices spike again

Source
http://helios.izmiran.rssi.ru/cosray/indices.htm

Capture:
http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/indicesag.gif

[Neutrons indicate the destruction of matter]

[A neutron surge began on the same day as the Galileo iimpact]

A coronal mass ejection, traveling at about 1 million miles per hour, takes 3-4 days to traverse the 1 A.U. to Earth. Jupiter is, effectively, on the other side of the Sun from us, so that puts it about 5 A.U. away.

So, how is it possible that
[A neutron surge began on the same day as the Galileo iimpact] and be caused by said impact???

Just thought I'd ask.

:roll:

foxd
2003-Sep-25, 09:14 PM

I am completely lost now. Who is Terry Tim Rodgers? I searched on Google in I found this site: http://blaster.freeyellow.com/page8.html, who belongs to a T. Tim Rodgers. Are we speaking about the same guy? My T. Tim Rodgers is a very interesting person, who seems to be in a continuous search for some ancient documents related to "paranormal phenomenon and ufo's". If you enter his site, he has some unexplained tales for instance. This tales are telling the same sad story of an ancient lost document.
The page you requested no longer exists or
The page you are looking for might have been removed. The news section is even more dramatic:
This page has moved to California to find itself. Actually, we couldn't find the page you requested.

Yep, same person. He used to be cohort of Kent's, but one of his internet hoaxes generated a bit too much heat. He also used a number of aliases on the net, such as "Terry McCloud" and "Anunuki"(sp?). He seems to have dropped off the net shortly after being exposed as the EQ Pegasi hoaxter.

SarahMc
2003-Sep-25, 09:39 PM
Mr Steadman is a strange goose. He even posted links to my "Zetatalk" pages back last year on his website - until he found out I was a "debunker". Apparently he was under the impression that I agreed in my image analysis that Havas had imaged Nancy's Planet X. I guess someone pointed that out to him, and he stopped linking. :lol:

CincySpaceGeek
2003-Sep-26, 01:28 AM

I think the avatar is Deborah Lodi (note reversal of letters), and the poster idol_harobed is her boyfriend. He has a big chip on his shoulder because she was taken in by Nancy and the PX stuff for a while. But I could be wrong - reading GLP does things to my brain.

ok...bubble pop pending 8-[

WolfKC
2003-Sep-26, 01:48 AM
Phil is a "NASA groupy gunslinger" Phil is NOT a gunslinger! [-X
He's a Tank Gunner! :P
http://www.chipman.org/starhoax/debunker.jpg

foxd
2003-Sep-26, 03:35 AM
I was looking at the webpage with the "neutron spikes" that Steadman keeps spewing about. First off, it is labeled "cosmic ray activity" rather than "neutron monitor" like most of the other charts. Second, cosmic ray storms seem to be fairly common considering that the website has lists of them going back to 1997. Third, the yellow line showing averaged activity seems to be dropping back down on the left hand side of the chart which makes me think there must of been spikes that had scrolled off the chart.

http://helios.izmiran.rssi.ru/cosray/indices.htm

Steadman has made a career out of misinterpreting and misrepresenting scientific data. Question everything he says.

The Bad Astronomer
2003-Sep-26, 03:36 AM
kinda funny the GLP posts concerning the BA, and now some of the woo-woos are doing it at another board

Could you provide a link for those comments, please? I'd like to see them in their entirety.

And folks, whenever you see stuff like this on another board, please provide a link. It gives me a chance to defend myself, if necessary!

freddo
2003-Sep-26, 04:42 AM
kinda funny the GLP posts concerning the BA, and now some of the woo-woos are doing it at another board

Could you provide a link for those comments, please? I'd like to see them in their entirety.

And folks, whenever you see stuff like this on another board, please provide a link. It gives me a chance to defend myself, if necessary!

Good Sir, this is one time where you do not want to dignify the insult with a response.

Here is the thread, you will no doubt recognise the poster :wink: :o (http://kbs.msshost.com/Forum3/viewtopic.php?p=18756#18756)

another one for a bit of background (http://kbs.msshost.com/Forum3/viewtopic.php?p=10798#10798)

Simple and pure character assasination.

I guarantee if you post anything at all there even slightly based in the realm of the serious, you can expect to simply be ignored. Sometimes I wonder why I post there...

Archer17 you'll likely enjoy the tussle HB, digi and I had!

WolfKC
2003-Sep-26, 05:12 AM
Wow Freddo and Digital, how can you stand to wallo in that? You might as well be arguing with Nancy herself #-o :roll:

Who knows, maybe you are. :o
In any case over the past 6 months I've learned a lesson in how closed minded people can be. When people make up their mind to believe in something, facts be durned, lack of evidence be durned, they just staunchly believe it and defend it all the more as you point out how illogical and silly it is.
I dont know how many people so intertwined with non-reality, but they certainly are noisy and there is absolutely zero chance of converting them to listen to reality.
As with Nancy, I can't tell if they have actual mental illness or if they are lying. I'm tempted to say some of them may just be naive, but someone who is just naive will listen to opposing views. These people dismiss facts and hang on to misinterpretations like their lives depend on it.
It's disturbing, it's sad, it's disgusting. Maybe that's their motivation. Some people prefer to get a negative reaction than no reaction.
So what can you do. You cant shake the sense into them. You cant point out the facts because they will just say your facts are wrong and their facts are correct. If it wasn't for people on the fence, like I'm quoting below, I'd say we should just ignore their spew. As is I hope you have plenty of clothes pins for your nose and keep up the good fight.

Sheesh! --------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to admit - this is good work. Thanks Chaiyah. I'm not a NL fan, but there is obviously "something" there. Could it be Mercury or Venus? I only ask that because I know these two are always in close proximity to the Sun. If it's not either of those, then I'm going to start paying more attention to these types of threads.
Sheesh! ________________ "The beatings will continue until morale improves."

The Bad Astronomer
2003-Sep-26, 05:14 AM
Ah, Chaiyah, right, I should have known. Her tale is open for all to see by using the search function of this board. I stand by what I did about her.

I won't be posting at that board; it won't do any good. They'll just close their minds to what I am saying, all the while claiming I am the one with the closed mind. It's perhaps the ultimate irony of the pseudoscientists: they claim to have an open mind, but absolutely refuse to look at the rational explanation, even though it is almost always the simplest, most elegant, and self-consistent solution to their questions. When I question something that has no evidence, no adherence to any known physical rules known to be correct, no inherent consistency with other claims, and is in fact internally inconsistent, I am the one with the closed mind.

Minds are like parachutes: they only function when open, and if they open too much they stretch beyond the breaking point, working as badly as when closed.

freddo
2003-Sep-26, 05:17 AM
Ah, Chaiyah, right, I should have known.

I knew you would not be surprised.

I won't be posting at that board; it won't do any good.

I know exactly what you mean... It's ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) just too frustrating at times.

Wow Freddo and Digital, how can you stand to wallo in that? You might as well be arguing with Nancy herself
Thrill of the fight? I don't think I have an adequate explanation. Some people over there have understood and accepted what I have said, so I guess it's not in vain - even though it feels that way...

WolfKC
2003-Sep-26, 05:44 AM
Some people over there have understood and accepted what I have said, so I guess it's not in vain - even though it feels that way...
As is I hope you have plenty of clothes pins for your nose and keep up the good fight.

freddo
2003-Sep-26, 05:52 AM
lol.. You quoted yourself... I don't know why I find that amusing!! =D>

WolfKC
2003-Sep-26, 06:06 AM
lol.. You quoted yourself... I don't know why I find that amusing!! =D> Sometimes I amaze myself too! :o 8-[ :P

digitalspector
2003-Sep-26, 12:15 PM
Wow Freddo and Digital, how can you stand to wallo in that? You might as well be arguing with Nancy herself

hehe...Im not sure. I think i need help :cry: Actually one of the good excuse...err... I mean reasons I can think of on why I post there, is because it forces me to learn. Forces me to go out and look for a rational/logical answer. :^o

BA sorry for not posting the link, I was planning on it...but I didn't want a rush of BA supporters to line them up on the firing line. I see freddo posted it. Thank you freddo.
Thanks

foxd
2003-Sep-26, 07:35 PM
I found this description of a neutron monitor on the web. It is used for measurements on cosmic rays.

http://ulysses.sr.unh.edu/NeutronMonitor/background.html

IIRC, the half-life of neutrons not bound in a nucleus is about 10 minutes. Not long enough for many of them to survive the trip from Jupiter.

Gmann
2003-Sep-27, 02:05 PM
To paraphrase Arlo Guthrie, to be a G-man you have to be at least forty years old 'cause it takes that long for your natural *******ness to develop

True fact =D> 8)

Kaptain K
2003-Sep-28, 06:20 AM
lol.. You quoted yourself... I don't know why I find that amusing!! =D> Sometimes I amaze myself too! :o 8-[ :P
That's amuse. :lol:

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Oct-01, 05:13 AM
That's amuse. :lol:

Cut him some slack, Kap'n...either way, he got it right... 8-[

freddo
2003-Oct-01, 05:35 AM
Charlie, that's amazingly amusing.... :wink: