PDA

View Full Version : Jupiter-GRS LRS change of position?

JAICOA
2008-Jul-03, 02:23 AM
Hi Everyone, Another post of jupiter in which its approaching opposition in a couple of days from now. And a noticeble change of the lrs storm noticed by Mike Salway and myself last night. It appears that the GRS swirled the sibling storm in front on this picture if you compare my last post the storm is on the right side and now its on the left top of the Great Red Spot (grs).

See ( Jupiter-GRS,Ba,Oval2 06/18/08 ) Last post of me. :)

andyschlei
2008-Jul-03, 04:53 PM
Efrain -- very interesting to see the dynamism on Jupiter!

here is a link to the prior post (http://www.bautforum.com/astrophotography/75727-jupiter-grs-ba-oval2-06-18-08-a.html) you mentioned above.

RickJ
2008-Jul-03, 05:21 PM
Jupiter is down in gunk here again this year. All I see is a bright swimming blob. So keep the images coming!

I was wondering what would happen when they hit. Looks like it slid around without a problem. I wonder if Hubble was watching?

Rick

JAICOA
2008-Jul-04, 12:34 AM
Thanks Andy and Rick, Looks like the Oval2 is the one that got a lifted and the LRS is on top of the GRS and going the same direction also. It looks like it happened when it was on the night side. Again guys Thanks.
Thanks Andy for the Link :)

JAICOA
2008-Jul-05, 10:15 PM
Another image from last night (July 5th) showing what i think the Oval2 new position i think, still awaiting confirmation. Thanks for looking. The image was taken under below avg. cond. rain etc.

tvdavis
2008-Jul-06, 05:27 AM
Amazing shots. I couldn't get anything near as nice from my location.

Tom

JAICOA
2008-Jul-07, 05:07 PM
Thanks Tom, The weather has improve a bit but here comes the hurricanes. Last night observation does not show much of the oval2 will see when processed today. Clear Skies.