PDA

View Full Version : Midnight on Sunday And The Mods Are All Dozing...

BigDon
2008-Jul-07, 07:08 AM
It just hit midnight pacific daylight time.

Wonder how long I can last before the weirdness hits. All those other times I was fairly sober. I like being here, I'll be good. But I have these photos of Phil... NOT photo shopped or anything..

BigDon
2008-Jul-07, 07:41 AM
La de da de da

mike alexander
2008-Jul-07, 07:42 AM
Not even a peek? I won't tell anyone. Besides, you're a wierdo from San Francisco, people would understand.

I really should be asleep. The holiday weekend is Fritz Lang Sein and work rumbles menacingly below the eastern horizon.

mike alexander
2008-Jul-07, 07:45 AM
Burt it's nice to know that even at 12:43 AM, McAfee is still sending me anti-spam uploads.

I'm going to trap some and dump it on spam, see if it anhillates. Anihhlates. Blows up.

Wow, fingers are >in tune< tonight!

mike alexander
2008-Jul-07, 07:46 AM
Any turtles out there?

BigDon
2008-Jul-07, 07:48 AM
Alright, people are talking reason to me on the phone. Having RL friends who lurk here can be annoying you know. You missed a good one.

BigDon
2008-Jul-07, 07:49 AM
You bet you're sweet bottom I am.

mike alexander
2008-Jul-07, 07:57 AM
Turtle initiation: My Uncle Al, down in Ft. Myers. Maybe 1964? I wasn't supposed to tell my parents. He also gave me his .22 pistol and some cans, said to take them out back and have some fun shooting. Also lent me Shell Scott paperbacks for light reading. Interesting fellow.

Ft. Myers was a lot less crowded in 1963.

mike alexander
2008-Jul-07, 08:12 AM
OK, I'm too tried to type. Hold thefort, BD. G'nght

BigDon
2008-Jul-07, 08:28 AM
Dear old Dad, when we were out shooting as well.

That was the summer he showed me how well he could shoot. He was a fair marksman. Firing from the hip he could keep a spent shotgun shell airborne until he emptied the clip on a Rugar 10/22. He had been shooting his whole life. Instead of nintendo he had a .22 and all of the Oregon desert to wander in.

His father got him two borzoi as Dad liked to wander. As my Uncle Don would say, perfect security. Uncle Don stated that there are few things on the North American continent that two borzoi can't kill. They grew up to be his retrievers. My father shot a hundred rabbits a week for the meat and fur from age 10 to about 14 during the war years (WWII) and there was little man power. His father fortunately had enough machinery he didn't have to work the fields until later when he was older and wanted too.

The borzoi protected him from badgers and feral dogs drawn to the blood smell. As they would work in concert they would regularly kill full grown badgers without coming to harm, and one time the two of them killed a black bear. Uncle Don said it was a three year old male. I would trust my Uncle Don's opinion on this matter.