PDA

View Full Version : magic square...scary!!

Paul Leeks
2008-Jul-13, 11:39 PM
Hi Ya!

The following is a magic square:

06 32 03 34 35 01
07 11 27 28 08 30
19 14 16 15 23 24
18 20 22 21 17 13
25 29 10 09 26 12
36 05 33 04 02 31

total number of figures is=36
Sum of each row & long diagonals =111
Sum of number(1-36)=666!

Don't despair the antichrist is here.!!(ha!ha!ha!,evil laugh!)

nah!,just kidding...honest..maybe you should use it for lotto numbers..see what happens??

but still a bit scary...

PL

Jeff Root
2008-Jul-14, 02:30 AM
In what way is it scary?

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

Paul Leeks
2008-Jul-14, 02:35 AM
it adds up to that 666 number!

novaderrik
2008-Jul-14, 02:57 AM
In what way is it scary?

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis
you know- 666, the number of the beast..
like in that Iron Maiden song.

sometimes, when i go to the grovcery store, they have frozen pizzas on sale- 3 for $9.99.. i buy two- and it comes up to $6.66...

Jens
2008-Jul-14, 03:08 AM
sometimes, when i go to the grovcery store, they have frozen pizzas on sale- 3 for $9.99.. i buy two- and it comes up to $6.66...

Scary! Do you manage to sleep those nights?

Neverfly
2008-Jul-14, 03:14 AM
Scary! Do you manage to sleep those nights?

Yes. Because it adds up to 6.67 on the register- plus tax.

Jeff Root
2008-Jul-14, 03:38 AM
So, in what way is that scary? Do numbers scare you?

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

pzkpfw
2008-Jul-14, 03:54 AM
I so want to live in house # 668 one day, and be the "neighbour of the beast".

Paul Leeks
2008-Jul-14, 03:56 AM
666 is in the Book of Revelations it's an apocalyptic thing..."mark of the beast" is IN the right hand, and now there are microchips in peoples hands...barcodes....NWO...

I just thought I would put that magic square there..and it adds up to 666! I don't like it!!!

SciFi Chick
2008-Jul-14, 04:29 AM
What's wrong with microchips? I reckon they're handy.

Neverfly
2008-Jul-14, 04:33 AM
What's wrong with microchips? I reckon they're handy.

He's talking about rumors that are supposed to be a correlation with the book of revelations.
However, in order for that to be the case, everyone would have to be imprinted with barcodes and have microchips in their hands.
I've studied this stuff pretty vigorously, and I can tell you that the supposed correlation is a bit like looking at a seagull and seeing a UFO. It is dependent on the observers willingness to alter their perception of reality enough to accommodate their fantasy.
This in no way refers to a religion of beliefs therein- but at the mentality of using it to make unequal comparisons.

Paul Leeks
2008-Jul-14, 04:37 AM
I know that microchips are handy..when was the last time you lost/broke a plastic card??I do it all the time

however I went to the dogpound just recently and checked out a microchip thing..it looks exactly like a Verichip.Also not far from where I live they produce scanning equipment for microchips and they are well aware of the ethical issues that revolve around microchipping..so the tech is there...I still find it disturbing!!

Paul

SciFi Chick
2008-Jul-14, 04:37 AM
He's talking about rumors that are supposed to be a correlation with the book of revelations.
However, in order for that to be the case, everyone would have to be imprinted with barcodes and have microchips in their hands.
I've studied this stuff pretty vigorously, and I can tell you that the supposed correlation is a bit like looking at a seagull and seeing a UFO. It is dependent on the observers willingness to alter their perception of reality enough to accommodate their fantasy.
This in no way refers to a religion of beliefs therein- but at the mentality of using it to make unequal comparisons.

Well, I'm not going to get into the Book of Revelations here as it's religious, unless we want to do discuss the UFOs in it, but I find that no more edifying than discussing UFOs in other works of literature.

But thanks for clearing up for me that we aren't about to have bar codes stamped on our foreheads. It's just not a fashion statement I want to make. :lol:

SciFi Chick
2008-Jul-14, 04:39 AM
I know that microchips are handy..when was the last time you lost/broke a plastic card??I do it all the time

however I went to the dogpound just recently and checked out a microchip thing..it looks exactly like a Verichip.Also not far from where I live they produce scanning equipment for microchips and they are well aware of the ethical issues that revolve around microchipping..so the tech is there...I still find it disturbing!!

Paul

I think microchipping pets is fantastic! That way if they get lost, their owners can be found easily. I think it might be handy for children as well. Might stop some of the human trafficking that's been going on, and they could have the option of removing it when they reach majority. I wouldn't want it as an adult, as I'm not eager to be tracked, but if people did want it, that's certainly their choice.

Neverfly
2008-Jul-14, 04:42 AM
I don't want one.
Only an idiot would try trafficking me (assuming anybody even wanted me), if I got lost I could find myself, I don't like being tracked - and Yes, I wouldn't want an L stamped on my forehead either, but it may be a bit late for that...

Whirlpool
2008-Jul-14, 04:52 AM
I don't want one too.

I don't want to be tracked by anyone in particular. Microchips implant idea is a weird thing even though those who look into it agrees that it will be helpful.

Personal Information of a person should be treated confidential .

Van Rijn
2008-Jul-14, 05:18 AM

The horror. Numbers add up. Wow.

Anyway, if you're going to worry about that, you'd better also worry about 616 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast#616) and perhaps 665 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast#665). Have fun.

Edit: I just noticed my post count as I posted this. Wooooooo . . .

Update for anyone who bothers to read this "in the future" - my post count was 9,666 when I initially wrote this. Queue scary music.

pzkpfw
2008-Jul-14, 05:41 AM
The horror. Numbers add up. Wow.

Anyway, if you're going to worry about that, you'd better also worry about 616 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast#616) and perhaps 665 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast#665). Have fun.

...and the last 3 digits of my NZ IRD tax number!

I knew taxes were Ewil!

Jens
2008-Jul-14, 05:46 AM

I hate to say this, but it's much worse! The world may be ending. Look, take the letters in your username.

V A N R I J N

In order in the alphabet, they are:

22 1 14 19 9 10 14

Now, add the digits in each one to make each into a single digit number:
2+2 = 4
1 = 1
1+4 = 5
9+1 = 10 = 1
9 = 9
10 = 1
14 = 5

So we have 4, 1, 5, 1, 9, 1, 5

Now, 5+1 = 6, 5+1 = 6, and 9-4+1 = 6 !!!!

hhEb09'1
2008-Jul-14, 05:58 AM
I hate to say this, but it's much worse! The world may be ending. Look, take the letters in your username.

V A N R I J N

In order in the alphabet, they are:

22 1 14 19 9 10 14
Naw, he's safe. R is the 18th letter, not the 19th. Whew.

A B C D E
F G H I J
K L M N O
P Q R S T
U V W X Y
Z

mugaliens
2008-Jul-14, 05:32 PM
you know- 666, the number of the beast..
like in that Iron Maiden song.

Run to the hills. Run for your lives. Blah blah blah... Cool music, though.

Hey, man - don't SAY that! You're freakin me OUT, man!

:shifty:

AGN Fuel
2008-Jul-15, 01:32 AM
Sometimes, when i go to the grovcery store, they have frozen pizzas on sale- 3 for $9.99.. i buy two- and it comes up to $6.66...

Truly, darkness walks upon the land and all hope for humanity is lost... any frozen pizza that sells for $3.33 must indeed be an abomination!

novaderrik
2008-Jul-15, 02:11 AM
Yes. Because it adds up to 6.67 on the register- plus tax.
nope- it rings up to $6.66- 2X $3.33- since MN doesn't have a sales tax on food or clothing.
i've done it many times- always on purpose just to see if the cashier even notices. there were a few times when the older lady kind of looked at it twice- and once the lady even asked rather insistently if i would like to buy something else...
yeah, i need to get a life..

pzkpfw
2008-Jul-15, 03:27 AM
(Around here if something is advertised at 3 for 9.99 you get yelled at for trying to buy two of them.)

Kaptain K
2008-Jul-15, 03:50 AM
Waaaayyyyyyyyyyy back in the '70s, during the CB boom, I worked electronics department of a discount store I was supposed to have a temporary license, but I never got around to getting one before I lost the job. Anyway, it would have been neat. The temporary license was the letter K + your first and last initials and your zip code. At the time I lived in south Topeka, KS and the zip was 66611. My temporary CB license number would have been KKK66611 :eek:

Tobin Dax
2008-Jul-15, 04:54 AM
Waaaayyyyyyyyyyy back in the '70s, during the CB boom, I worked electronics department of a discount store I was supposed to have a temporary license, but I never got around to getting one before I lost the job. Anyway, it would have been neat. The temporary license was the letter K + your first and last initials and your zip code. At the time I lived in south Topeka, KS and the zip was 66611. My temporary CB license number would have been KKK66611 :eek:
So Kaptain is your last name, Karl? :)

Kaptain K
2008-Jul-15, 05:06 AM
So Kaptain is your last name, Karl? :)

Nope! It's my rank. :whistle: My last name does start with K though.

Maha Vailo
2008-Jul-16, 10:54 PM
Run to the hills. Run for your lives. Blah blah blah... Cool music, though.

Wrong Maiden song, dude. That song was in Rock Band. "Number of the Beast" was in Guitar Hero 3. Easy mistake to make. :lol:

- Maha "rock on" Vailo