PDA

View Full Version : This sums it up nicely...

NCC-1701
2003-Oct-01, 06:25 PM
... Planet Waves (http://www.forteantimes.com/articles/173_planetwaves.shtml)

SarahMc
2003-Oct-01, 06:28 PM
Good article. Every time I see the cover of Nancy's book, I think "comic book". That little "Zeta" waving at you from the beach is just so, well, corny.

WolfKC
2003-Oct-02, 12:18 AM
... Planet Waves (http://www.forteantimes.com/articles/173_planetwaves.shtml)
Whether she was deliberately courting controversy, or genuinely cracking up remains to be seen, =D>

mr. show
2003-Oct-02, 01:16 AM
i sincerely believe the whole zeta thing is pure marketing

if she can create revenue streams out of this entire facade, more power to her

maybe she has, the site has been around forever

if she hasn't, she needs a consultant or two

WolfKC
2003-Oct-02, 03:16 AM
In a recent thread there was talk about a missing 10k dollars from the non-profit organizations fund. :o Not to mention that Big N is of course on the board of directors so she no doubt gets a salary. #-o
Before you say 'more power to her' think about the people who quit their job and moved somewhere. Or just spent hours worrying about something that doesn't exist. The world is full of enough real things to worry about without Big N adding to it. [-X

Betenoire
2003-Oct-02, 04:20 PM
Man, when a magazine with stories about "UK's Alien Big Cats" calls you a nut, that's GOT to hurt.

mr. show
2003-Oct-02, 09:27 PM
In a recent thread there was talk about a missing 10k dollars from the non-profit organizations fund. :o Not to mention that Big N is of course on the board of directors so she no doubt gets a salary. #-o
Before you say 'more power to her' think about the people who quit their job and moved somewhere. Or just spent hours worrying about something that doesn't exist. The world is full of enough real things to worry about without Big N adding to it. [-X

the people who fret over this nonsense want to fret. it is entertaining to say the least, but dangerous? i don't think so. from a business standpoint, the influence she has is genius - many dollars can be made off of that.

and for the people who truly, deeply, fear complete ** posted on an obscure, half-rate web site? the consequences are their own fault, no one else's.

John Jones
2003-Oct-02, 11:12 PM
and for the people who truly, deeply, fear complete ** posted on an obscure, half-rate web site? the consequences are their own fault, no one else's.

It the families of the zetadrones who quit their jobs, etc that deserve a little compassion. There was one who son was being taunted in school and was asked to leave permanently for spouting the zetacrap he learned at the feet of his Zetadrone father.

WolfKC
2003-Oct-03, 02:55 AM
the people who fret over this nonsense want to fret. it is entertaining to say the least, but dangerous? i don't think so. from a business standpoint, the influence she has is genius - many dollars can be made off of that.
and for the people who truly, deeply, fear complete ** posted on an obscure, half-rate web site? the consequences are their own fault, no one else's.I'm sure Nancy feels the same way. But I've heard from too many reasonably intelligent people who worried over it and read about too many people doing serious damage to their lives to agree with that. And as the previous poster mentioned the friends and family of the victim are victims too.
Just because the 'buyer should be ware' doesn't mean that the crooked salesman is without blame. [-(