PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Insanity

xbck1
2003-Oct-02, 12:12 AM
As a result of my living arrangements (I live out in the boonies and gas is expensive), I have to take the bus into town whenever I want to actually do anything. As a result of this, I often have to put up with actual insane people who ride the bus. I've done this for the past three years, so not much surprises me these days.

Anyways, that was enough explaining myself. On with the story.

There is a guy who on occasion rides the bus who wears duct tape over one eye. The 'reason' for this is that he believes that the FBI has shot a gallium arsenide computer chip into his eye that sends a signal to them that consists of everything he sees. He also believes that he can see gamma rays because of this chip.

"Yeah, I can see gamma rays. They're green. See, it's gamma, G, for green. They're green."

"It's made of gallium arsenide."

"The FBI shot a gallium arsenide computer chip into my eye from a black helicopter and now they can see everythig that I see."

What's interesting about this guy, besides the obvious, is that when I try to explain things to him logically, he says things like, "Did you know that they used to drop strips of metal from planes to confuse radar during WWII?" I then say yes, and elaborate on what he says, trying to give him factual information to possibly think about.

He shows things like evading facts and obvious logic when faced with someone who doesn't believe what he has to say and actually knows more than he does about what he was talking about. It's very interesting to communicate with somebody who is just like Nancy in those ways, and it provides great insight about why she thinks these things. In my opinion, this guy did a little too much LSD, coke, and other various illegal substances not worth mentioning. So did Nancy, I suppose.

--xbck1

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-02, 02:21 AM
I am not a psychologist, I only took one semesters worth in college. It sounds like the guy is suffering from one (or more) of the many psychological problems out there. It does not mean that he took any illigal substances.

He could be Schizophrenic, paranoid delutional or others that I just do not know as I am not a doctor or a psychologist.

Madcat
2003-Oct-02, 02:25 AM
Maybe he saw The City of Lost Children.

Chuck
2003-Oct-02, 04:20 AM
Wear duct tape over one of your ears next time and tell him to keep his voice down.

beskeptical
2003-Oct-02, 04:33 AM
The last post reminds me of Trigger Happy TV. There's a guy with GIANT headphones on. He's either on a crowded bus or sometimes in an elevator. He's listening to a loud tape everyone can hear.....

"Stay calm. You do not need to hurt anyone. You will not lose control. Strangling someone is wrong......." or something like that.

He walks out with the tape still playing.

As for the duct tape guy. sounds like typical delusions of Schizophrenia. I wouldn't try to hard to reason with him. Simple factual responses might be a better reality check than long explanations and rational ideas.

"I don't think the FBI cares what you are looking at." he said politely to the man on the bus.

Humphrey
2003-Oct-02, 04:54 AM
heh, i remeber that show beskep. My favorite ones is with him and the giant phone. :-)

For those of you who never saw it, it was a short6 lived show on comedy central. It went for a little over a sason and a half. Origonally it was a binch of brits playing pranks on brits, then it went to america for half a season.

IT would have a small amout of cast members playing pranks and jjust strange things on every day people. One would involve a guy holding a giant cell phone to his ear and screming into it normal conversation stuff. Others would be a newsman giving a interview to people on the street then making up a reason and running away leaving the cameraman and a stunned intervewee. Others would involve people in animal suits dfouing stupid things like waitning for a bus, fighting in the streets, or have something like a dog standing otuside a butcher shop or a pet store looking very sad.

A funny show. :-)

Dragonlor
2003-Oct-02, 08:31 AM
People like that always have to be crazy. Even if he took too many drugs, he would need to be dumb/crazy to do that in the first place. #-o

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-21, 08:46 AM
Sounds like my uncle Tom. Although in this part of the world, he blames ASIO. But they've got the FBI well covered in the Keystone Cops Arena.

Heid the Ba'
2005-Oct-21, 11:50 AM
Sounds like a guy I came accross when I was a cop, he had real problems, but everything he thought was logical and internally consistent. After we arrested him the interview went something like this:

Me: What did you do last night?
Him: I burned down my house.
Me: Why?
Him: To destroy the surveillance cameras.
Me: Ok. Who is watching you?
Him: The government, I'm the most intelligent man in the country.
Me: How do you know that?
Him, You know those tests you get? The ones no-one can finish in the time given.
Me: Uh-huh.
Him: I can always finish them , and I always get all the questions right.
Me: How do you know that?
Him: Why would I put the wrong answer?
etc. etc.

Off to our local psychiatric hospital where he was sectioned. (Detained under the Mental Health Act.)

It was his misfortune to turn up in our town on the same day as a Royal visit, cycle the wrong way round the closed one-way system, and refuse to stop for us. Fortunately even the twitchiest PPO didn't think this was a cunning IRA tactic. It did take the vigorous application of a panda car to stop him though.

Nope, still can't find the whistling smiley..........

publiusr
2005-Oct-21, 08:52 PM
Please tell him to lose the tin-foil shorts--it is blocking the signal.

Now...to play kickball in the road...yes right in front of that lorry...obey...obey...

Candy
2005-Oct-21, 10:46 PM
Sounds like my uncle Tom. Although in this part of the world, he blames ASIO. But they've got the FBI well covered in the Keystone Cops Arena.
Wow, jkmccrann, you either read all the post from the past or those spiders make you read them. ;)

Enzp
2005-Oct-22, 09:18 AM
There is a bus leaving for St.Louis in 20 minutes, why not be under it?

I can tell you on...er...good authority that whatever was wrong with him was not likely the result of LSD. LSD might alter the display a bit, but he did that all on his own, I'd be betting.