PDA

View Full Version : Breathing space

suntrack2
2008-Aug-04, 05:27 PM
A very nice link is here by National Geographic

http://www.thegreenguide.com/doc/21/pennybacker1

The people practicing in India to give a special ayurvedic medicine on the "full Moon Day".
In south India the local ulternative medicine doctors sometime gives a "fish therapy" to the petients. They suggest to swallow the small living fish, later that fish move into the wind pipe through the throat, and clean up untill fish riches in the stomach, infact fish is not cleaning, that sticky portion(cuf) in the wind pipe cleaned up due to the fast movements of the tale of the fish.

Today in the world of pollution the breathing problem is arriving very rapidly, even in the children also this problem is severely persist.

I don't know the experience of the people who returned from the space journey, are they getting any breathing disorders when they reach at their homes. !!

sunil

jokergirl
2008-Aug-05, 09:20 AM
Huh?
The wind pipe and the esophagus are two different things. Usually, you'd try to avoid getting anything into the former by reflex.

;)

sarongsong
2008-Nov-09, 05:29 AM
...ayurvedic medicine...Hmmh...
October 23, 2008
Many Ayurvedic medicines can contain dangerous quantities of heavy metals, including lead, mercury, thallium and arsenic...Heavy metals are generally not present as contaminants but practitioners add them intentionally...
alphagalileo.org (http://www.alphagalileo.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=readrelease&releaseid=533276)

mugaliens
2008-Nov-09, 12:12 PM
Of all the...:doh:

Look at it this way - enough lead and mercury poisening, and you no longer care about such petty things as breathing...

Reminds me of the time a real, live, no-kidding doctor claimed he could diagnose allergies by holding a sealed vial of the offending allergic substance to a child's forehead and measuring their reflexes, strength, heartrate, and some other stuff.

"Goooh oooh oolee, Sarge! I didn't know you could do that!"

TrAI
2008-Nov-09, 03:14 PM
Quote:Originally Posted by suntrack2
...ayurvedic medicine...

Hmmh...

Many Ayurvedic medicines can contain dangerous quantities of heavy metals, including lead, mercury, thallium and arsenic...Heavy metals are generally not present as contaminants but practitioners add them intentionally...
alphagalileo.org

Well, heavy metals and compunds can be used to treat some things, and there are drugs in modern medicine that employ them, but many of them are not that much used, due to sideeffects. But I guess if one have some realy serious sickness one really do not have that much to loose by using one of them if no alterative works.

However, I suspect their use in Ayurvedic medicine is similar to how they were used in tonics and patent medicines in the west, and most of them were more dangerous than theraputic, so it is probably advicable to avoid them.

As for swallowing live fish, that seems a bit cruel to the poor fish...

formulaterp
2008-Nov-09, 06:33 PM
As for swallowing live fish, that seems a bit cruel to the poor fish...

If in fact it is supposed to be working it's way down your trachea, I believe your compassion for the fish would dissipate quite rapidly.

TrAI
2008-Nov-09, 08:09 PM
If in fact it is supposed to be working it's way down your trachea, I believe your compassion for the fish would dissipate quite rapidly.

By that time you may be wishing you had enough compassion for the fish not to attempt this cure...