PDA

View Full Version : How Will Mankind End?

Dragonlor
2003-Oct-07, 08:51 AM
I'm really tired and bored at the moment. How Will Mankind End? :D :-? #-o

EDIT: Fixed dumb sleep caused error.

Gmann
2003-Oct-07, 01:12 PM
Womankind will find out about his 'girlfriend' :lol:

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-07, 01:28 PM

LOL

I think that it will not be some big explosion from a bomb (at least I hope not), but rather some disease that will do us in.

That or possible a comet like the dinasour killer commet. IS there a proper name for that one?

kucharek
2003-Oct-07, 01:30 PM
How mankind will end?

Tired and bored. ;-)

Gmann
2003-Oct-07, 01:56 PM
That or possible a comet like the dinasour killer commet. IS there a proper name for that one?

It was called 'Ellie' in Sudden Impact, also known as ELE (Extinction Level Event) :cry:

kucharek
2003-Oct-07, 02:12 PM
It was called 'Ellie' in Sudden Impact, also known as ELE (Extinction Level Event) :cry:

I guess you mean "Deep Impact"...

xbck1
2003-Oct-07, 02:45 PM
"God creates dinosaurs, god destroys dinosaurs, god creates man, man destroys god, man creates dinosaurs..."

"Dinosaurs eat man, woman inherits the earth."

space cadet
2003-Oct-07, 04:26 PM
I personally believe in life after death, so in that respect I don't think that mankind will ever 'really' become extinct. But that's just my oppinion. It's certainly more optomistic than the alternative.

Kaptain K
2003-Oct-07, 04:29 PM
"God creates dinosaurs, god destroys dinosaurs, god creates man, man destroys god, man creates dinosaurs..."

World still has problems. Woman goes stark raving mad due to lack of man to blame it on! :o

mike alexander
2003-Oct-07, 04:46 PM
Homo sapiens eventually dies out. Only question is whether we speciate first.

Pi Man
2003-Oct-07, 05:29 PM
It's got to be the drunken world leader! I've heard of quite a few world leaders that might do that! :D

mutineer
2003-Oct-07, 09:03 PM
All antibiotics become ineffective (2030-2040AD);
nuclear weapons used to control plague by wiping out infected populations (2040-2050AD);
gradual ebb of civilization and return to barbarism (2050-2250AD);
remnant human population stabilizes at 10,000,000 (2250-3000AD);
humans gradually eliminated by disease and famine over next 50,000 years as rats become top species. :evil:

So, eat, drink, and be merry ...
cos right now, everything is ticketyboo! :D

Dragonlor
2003-Oct-07, 09:23 PM
Bush at the end of 2004 while holding a bottle of Vodka: "What do you *burp* mean I lost *burp* the election? *hiccup* What's this *burp* button *hiccup* do?"

KABOOOOM :o

mike alexander
2003-Oct-07, 09:34 PM
Hey! The image of the President getting drunk on swigs of vodka is disgusting.

Lone Star long neck.

:wink:

tuffel999
2003-Oct-07, 09:56 PM
Slaves to our alien masters...or was that a movie plot......... #-o

Humphrey
2003-Oct-07, 10:13 PM

Dang! i was going to quote that. Meanie! :P

Added:
How will we end? Women will finally get fed up with our laziness and just poison all of our snacks. But then there will be nobody to blame for that damn tree that falls in the woods, so they will go mad themsleves. :-P

But seriously? I think disease has the best possiblility.

Added 2: Or you could get technicqal and wait a few hundred thousand years. Then we might technically not be called [i]Homo Sapien[i] anymore.

DTdNav
2003-Oct-07, 10:46 PM
Overpopulation, religious intolerance meets class warfare, evolution of language deletes the term "Man." Class Religious Intolerance of Overpopulated Language Evolution, or (CRIOLE). This means the world ends when poorly educated backwater ethnic Louisianans discover that GW's pronunciation of "Nucoolar" is incorrect. In other words, I have no flippin' idea. ](*,)

Mr. X
2003-Oct-07, 11:30 PM
How Will Mankind End?

BY MY HAND!!... HAHA!

I guess the question is "Will mankind ever end?". Unless a disease has the ability to overcome everything we have and systematically destroy everyone... even a few people left on a secluded island, or in antarctica, and I'm guessing it won't happen... An engineered disease put in weapons to be specifially delivered everywhere could... but I think it is doubtful this will happen...

Even nuclear war wouldn't probably get every single one of us. Come to think of it I believe there will always be enough left to start over again.

Maybe we're seeing the wrong end of things... maybe we are the plague of the universe, and for now we're contained to only one planet... but just wait...

I'm more concerned of what will happen if mankind NEVER ends... and what if we ever get the possibilty of traveling anywhere, and I mean any distance in a ridiculously short time... soon it could be the solar system, the entire galaxy, and why not all the universe? If we are unopposed we can take it all... populate everything remotely habitable in the universe... and then the space between everywhere we inhabit!

Now now I'm aware this isn't thermodynamically possible.

What I believe is that humans will be partly eradicated from time to time, but always manage to get back to this point and further... for example our civilization will be vastly destroyed by our infamous weapons of mass destruction (for example)... what will remain will be individuals... then they will be gangs or tribes, small outposts, and fighting for control of the wastelands, former cities. As it goes the small outposts will become villages, cities... union of villages and cities will form new nations, which will lead to new wars, new confrontations, until the same mistakes are made again, and again, and again, and again. We won't go back to step one, but will suffer major setbacks. Confrontation is in the nature of humans, and they can't seem to live without agression and violence. So be it, it will just slow us down but if we can't do without it we'll do with.

Sever
2003-Oct-07, 11:48 PM
Dec. 25 2004 Mankind is done in by radioactive Ebola inriched eggnog.

Pi Man
2003-Oct-08, 03:57 AM
I know. Mankind will end when a couple of aliens are flying by and their ship backfires a huge mass of antimatter!

mutant
2003-Oct-08, 04:32 AM
The entire world will break for commercial and some idiot will just turn off the television.

Odinoneeye
2003-Oct-08, 05:15 AM
Duh everyone.

It's gonna happen at Ragnarook.

Except those two people who hide in the tree.

freddo
2003-Oct-08, 05:19 AM
Except those two people who hide in the tree.

Hey!! How did you see?!?

xbck1
2003-Oct-08, 05:20 AM
The world/humankind will coem to an end when the Governator becomes President.

SeanF
2003-Oct-08, 01:07 PM
The world/humankind will coem to an end when the Governator becomes President.

Well, considering that that would take a Constitutional Amendment, I don't think there's much to worry about. :)

Gmann
2003-Oct-08, 03:32 PM

I guess you mean "Deep Impact"...

I did, somehow Clint Eastwood got involved in this. May not be too far off the mark, if any one could end the world, Dirty Harry could do it. :D

Chuck
2003-Oct-08, 03:41 PM
Arnold could become speaker of the house of representatives and be third in line of succession. Then if the president and vice president were to somehow be terminated he'd be president.

Gmann
2003-Oct-08, 03:49 PM
Not quite, he would have to first be elected to the House, then be selected as speaker (assuming his party was in the majority), then he would have to travel back in time, move his parents from Austria so he could be born in the US. If he actually did become house speaker, he would be passed over in the line of succession due to the fact that he is not native born.

Invader Spleen
2003-Oct-08, 06:54 PM
after working in a gas station for a year (saving money for university) i came to the conclusion that we're gonna wipe ourselves out in some sort of firey cataclysim of stupid, we will begin to degrade from what we are now, stupidity will will spread until it has become a plague (if it isnt already) and we'll kill ourselves.

on a plus side, at least we'll take our stupid with us :lol:

Invader Spleen
2003-Oct-08, 06:55 PM
after working in a gas station for a year (saving money for university) i came to the conclusion that we're gonna wipe ourselves out in some sort of firey cataclysim of stupid, we will begin to degrade from what we are now, stupidity will will spread until it has become a plague (if it isnt already) and we'll kill ourselves.

on a plus side, at least we'll take our stupid with us :lol:

tuffel999
2003-Oct-08, 06:59 PM
after working in a gas station for a year (saving money for university) i came to the conclusion that we're gonna wipe ourselves out in some sort of firey cataclysim of stupid

I worked at a gas station in high school and it is amazing to see the stupid stuff people pull there. We had a lady once run over a pump when she pulled out in her Excursion. She couldn't have been more than 5 ft tall, never saw the pump just knocked it right over and kept going. The guys in the store were really glad that it had an auto shut off.
I also loved the middle aged rich white ladies driving a BMW or Mercedes who couldn't figure out how to pump their own gas. I can only imagine what would happen if they were without electricity for more than 10 minutes(actually they would probably take a sleeping pill and put on their sleeping mask and go to sleep).

Dragonlor
2003-Oct-08, 11:40 PM
also loved the middle aged rich white ladies driving a BMW or Mercedes who couldn't figure out how to pump their own gas. I can only imagine what would happen if they were without electricity for more than 10 minutes

=D> :D

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-26, 07:28 AM
LOL

I think that it will not be some big explosion from a bomb (at least I hope not), but rather some disease that will do us in.

Looks like you could have been on the money there NASA Fan, the avian flu is getting restless..........

Candy
2005-Oct-26, 08:00 AM
I give jkmccrann credit, he is reading the threads.

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-26, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I've probably read 2000 threads fully-through, doesn't mean I've posted to all of them.

Candy
2005-Oct-26, 08:40 AM
Very good for a 26 year old.

Yorkshireman
2005-Oct-26, 08:44 AM
I was really enjoying this thread - thinking "Gosh, there's people posting here I haven't heard from in ages - then I realised it's 2 years old (again).:evil:

Sticks
2005-Oct-26, 08:53 AM
The end has already started

Behold our doom is here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/world/2005/bird_flu/default.stm)

Anyone fancy a KFC? :shifty:

Theunknownbook
2005-Oct-26, 05:19 PM

hahahaha

Gillianren
2005-Oct-26, 07:50 PM
Not with a bang but a whimper.

collegeguy
2005-Oct-26, 08:50 PM
Since I have read books about the effects of nuclear weapons and talked to Stuart about the matter, I don't think it will be nukes. Species will likely become extinct by famine or disease probably with time, though.
By the way, strange topic to discuss when you are bored.

Taks
2005-Oct-26, 09:06 PM
everybody has failed to realize that since the world revolves around me, it will likewise end in a poof when i die. sorry. i'll do my best to stick around as long as possible, however. ;)

taks

WaxRubiks
2005-Oct-26, 10:05 PM
vogons?

collegeguy
2005-Oct-26, 10:38 PM
if anybody is interested in the possibility of the outcome of a nuclear war.

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/nuclear/nuclearwar1.html

Thought it would be interesting, "shrugs".

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-27, 07:49 AM
if anybody is interested in the possibility of the outcome of a nuclear war.

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/nuclear/nuclearwar1.html

Thought it would be interesting, "shrugs".

Interesting article, especially this bit,

2040: Some areas that received fallout from strikes on nuclear power plants and above-ground nuclear waste storage facilities are still uninhabitable and will remain so for some time to come. Genetic defects are found in as much as a few percent of the population born in the northern hemisphere after the war; however, most are not noticeable or are not handicapping. The more profound physical deficiencies are due to malnutrition. Some of the surviving nations have emerged by now as major powers, including Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Brazil.

I'm sorry, but New Zealand as a major power! Almost choked on my cornflakes when I read that

WaxRubiks
2005-Oct-27, 11:16 AM
I'm sorry, but New Zealand as a major power! Almost choked on my cornflakes when I read that

haven't you heared of the sheep dung fusion stations?

Jakenorrish
2005-Oct-27, 11:28 AM
Mankind will end due to a combination of Climate change Bird flu and McDonalds expansion!

collegeguy
2005-Oct-27, 01:19 PM
Interesting article, especially this bit,

It doesn't mean they are militarily or economically powerful, the context of superpower means to be in better shape in population or to have less devastation that allows you a quick recovery. Since New zealand is not a military or important nation, it wouldn't be hit with so many nukes, making a recovery easy and giving that state a better situation than others.

Enzp
2005-Oct-28, 06:19 AM
Today is the third day of the rest of your life.

mickal555
2005-Oct-28, 01:24 PM
It doesn't mean they are militarily or economically powerful, the context of superpower means to be in better shape in population or to have less devastation that allows you a quick recovery. Since New zealand is not a military or important nation, it wouldn't be hit with so many nukes, making a recovery easy and giving that state a better situation than others.

:lol::lol::p:p

Muhahahahah Australia rules the world :D:D