PDA

View Full Version : Bad Astronomy: The Textbook!

Andromeda321
2003-Oct-07, 11:11 PM
Hello all,
I'm a high school senior who is currently enrolled in an astronomy seminar-type class. Our teacher decided to make Bad Astronomy the required reading for the course. It's a rather informal course in general but I think it's working out pretty well! The general comment from people in the class is "why can't our English class required reading be like this?!?"
I'm just happy that I finally got an excuse to buy the book and read it. :D
Clear skies and later days,
Andromeda

Humphrey
2003-Oct-08, 12:01 AM
If you liked it i suggest its sister companion, Bad Medicine. :-)

And a very happy welcome to the board. Invite all of your classmates over. The author of the book runs this website and while i don't speak for him, i am sure he would be glad to answer any questions you have.

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-08, 03:51 AM
COOL Teacher!!!

Welcome to the board.

Is this a one semester class or a two sememster class?

gethen
2003-Oct-08, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the board. Why were there no teachers like that in my high school?

The Bad Astronomer
2003-Oct-08, 07:09 PM
Wow, that's so cool, and I am honored. Please tell your teacher to continue to do this for many years, so I can get a decent royalty check. :-)

bobjohnston
2003-Oct-16, 08:22 PM
Sounds like such a great idea, I just added the BA book to required reading for the university astronomy I'm teaching in the spring.

amateurphysicist
2004-Aug-08, 08:37 PM
Wow, that's so cool, and I am honored. Please tell your teacher to continue to do this for many years, so I can get a decent royalty check. :-)

:lol: =D> That's pretty funny! Seriously though, what a cool teacher!

jaki
2004-Aug-21, 03:38 PM
I got the bad astronomy book for my birthday, it is the best book on general astronomy that i have ever read, best of all it deals with the subjects in a way that all my family ( who don't have a great deal of interest in astronomy ) could read and understand with ease. Hail to the Bad Astronomer!!!!!!!!!!

Extravoice
2004-Aug-24, 06:20 PM
If "Bad Astronomy" becomes an official textbook, will the retail price jump by a factor of 10 to keep it in line with all other textbooks? :evil: