PDA

View Full Version : Partial Lunar Eclipse today late night

suntrack2
2008-Aug-16, 02:56 PM
Today night, I will wake-up and ready to see the partial lunar eclipse, we have some clouds since the rainy season is going on, but from yesterday the clouds are in scattered position, and I am hoping at least for some hours they will eighter disappear or they will clean the moon's track. :) Look the image below, I have made that. :)

See the exact time below.

Quote from:Sify news.
The partial eclipse will begin at 01:06 IST on August 17. The night sky will host an 81 per cent murky red moon at 02:40 IST, when the eclipse will be at its maximum (middle). The partial eclipse will end at 04:15 IST.
Almost all parts of the world will be able to see the lunar eclipse. Only the North American will largely be excluded from viewing it

Tobin Dax
2008-Aug-16, 06:30 PM
This eclipse really isn't visible from North America, but is pretty much everywhere else. Here's NASA's page with times and visibillity: http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/LEplot/LEplot2001/LE2008Aug16P.GIF

Edit: Sorry, Sunil, I didn't read your last sentence before posting.

KaiYeves
2008-Aug-16, 07:46 PM
It's okay. I got a very nice view of the one back in Feb. Now it's Suntil's turn.

Jay200MPH
2008-Aug-16, 10:00 PM
Maybe I'm being a bit dim, but how do I read that graph to figure out when it's going to be visible to me?

- J

Tobin Dax
2008-Aug-17, 04:14 AM
Maybe I'm being a bit dim, but how do I read that graph to figure out when it's going to be visible to me?

- J
Not that this is a whole lot of help anymore, but the red circle is the Earth's shadow. Under "Eclipses Contacts" it gives times (in UT) for U1 and U4. Those are when it starts and ends. Add an hour or two since you're in Germany and not Great Britain.

Laguna
2008-Aug-17, 06:42 AM
I was able to take a picture between the clouds
But late night? No... 21:37 CET

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6504/teilwmondfinsternisaw6.jpg

Jay200MPH
2008-Aug-17, 01:19 PM
Great photo!

I think I'd already missed it by the time I posted. Didn't matter anyway, Potsdam was totally overcast when I went out and looked.

- J

KaiYeves
2008-Aug-17, 02:04 PM
I had to go to bed before the eclipse, but I had the first clear skies in a week and the moon was wonderful through binocs. I found the Apennines for the first time!

Laguna
2008-Aug-18, 12:39 PM
Great photo!

I think I'd already missed it by the time I posted. Didn't matter anyway, Potsdam was totally overcast when I went out and looked.

- J
This was the last picture out of about 30. Later the moon was completely hidden behind clouds, so I could not see how the moon was almost completely dark. :sad:
I could only continue watching Jupiter through the scope.
Oddly enough the clouds never came close to Jupiter.

suntrack2
2008-Aug-18, 03:48 PM
thanks for your replies above, I have one question : when the wild life active in the night, and they mostly take the assistance of the moonlight for capturing their food, so do you think that whenever there is eclipse these creatures of forest feels sudden changes in their thermal images, they view in the "moon eclipse night". !!