PDA

View Full Version : For M*A*S*H fans in Canada- yippee....the History channel has started showing it!

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2008-Sep-05, 11:08 AM
I was really angry at Global a few years back when they stopped carrying MASH. Now it's back! History chennel has started carrying it....

ozzmosis
2008-Sep-05, 04:31 PM
that good news for m*a*s*h fan. i remember watchen mash since i was young.
and not to long ago i saw season1 at walmart so started buying a few here and there, now i have all 11 seasons, and am happy i did buy them, was a wicked show especially seasons 1 ,2 and 3 , lots of good ones, and who can forget the 3 season when henry blake dies over the sea of japon.

tdvance
2008-Sep-05, 06:06 PM
Yeah--in High School I must have watched every episode of M*A*S*H 5 times. Mom, dad, and other relatives were annoyed and continued to remind me that the real Army isn't like that.

tdvance
2008-Sep-05, 06:08 PM
The Henry Blake's death announcement scene was actually appended to the show at the last minute. it was filmed in two takes: the first time, the actors (except Gary Burghoff) didn't know what Radar was going to say. They were told to remember their reactions and try to duplicate them in the second take.

Gillianren
2008-Sep-05, 06:20 PM
The episode's called "Abyssinia, Henry." In case anyone cares. It's one of the very few episode titles I know for that series.

ozzmosis
2008-Sep-05, 06:28 PM
and an other wicked episode was Yankee Doodle Doctor.where a film maker wants to make a funny movie about the 4077 and Hawkeye does nt think its funny and makes his own. at the end Hawkeye shows the world what the war is really about.
that scene alone blew me away,

ozzmosis
2008-Sep-05, 06:30 PM
The episode's called "Abyssinia, Henry." In case anyone cares. It's one of the very few episode titles I know for that series.

yes thats right, radar did an amazing scene in that one, very touching!!

The Backroad Astronomer
2008-Sep-05, 06:46 PM
Yeah--in High School I must have watched every episode of M*A*S*H 5 times. Mom, dad, and other relatives were annoyed and continued to remind me that the real Army isn't like that.
[/Hawkeye doing Groucho Marx] The real army was crazier[/Hawkeye doing Groucho Marx]

redshifter
2008-Sep-05, 07:08 PM
MASH is one of the few shows I can watch over and over and over...if I'm channel surfing and it's on, I'll be watching it. Great cast and great writing.

Gillianren
2008-Sep-05, 07:44 PM
They play two hours of it a day (from 5 to 7 PM) on the Hallmark Channel, and I generally watch it if I'm not doing anything else. And I'm (just barely) old enough to have watched it new!

redshifter
2008-Sep-05, 09:42 PM
They play two hours of it a day (from 5 to 7 PM) on the Hallmark Channel, and I generally watch it if I'm not doing anything else. And I'm (just barely) old enough to have watched it new!

Thanks for that! Fox (channel 13) seems to have quit running it at 12:30am, I was wondering where I could get my MASH fix.

Gillianren
2008-Sep-05, 10:09 PM
I live to serve.

Nadme
2008-Sep-05, 10:22 PM
My husband's a huge fan of the show.

The '70s hairstyles drive me nuts, and half the time I think it's set during Vietnam (Hawkeye was especially a "radical '60s"-type character) instead of the Korean War (in which my father served).

Otherwise it's a good show, yeah.

novaderrik
2008-Sep-05, 11:25 PM
when are they gonna start showing "After MASH"?

Tobin Dax
2008-Sep-06, 10:39 PM
TV Land runs an hour or two of M*A*S*H around 11 PM most nights, too.

tdvance
2008-Sep-07, 02:36 AM
After Mash--have they ever run reruns of it?

I think it's probably in a category only slightly higher than "Star Wars Christmas Special"!

mahesh
2008-Sep-07, 02:49 AM
.... MASH. Now it's back! History chennel has started carrying it....

Lucky you!

A channel here, can't remember which one, intermittently does theme 'weekends' schedules. They've aired M*A*S*H*, a couple of times, in the past year. But such scheduling doesn't do justice to something as wonderful as M*A*S*H* ! But I ain't complainin'.

:D

Great title!

Gillianren
2008-Sep-07, 06:23 AM
After Mash--have they ever run reruns of it?

Since I believe it lasted less than a season, probably not.

novaderrik
2008-Sep-07, 06:53 AM
Since I believe it lasted less than a season, probably not.
but our generation loves to embrace stupid stuff like a tv series that started off right in the middle of the shark jump and never even had a chance to so much as crash land on the other side- seemingly every other tv show from the last 30 years is out in a dvd box set- i can't believe it isn't out there somewhere.

HenrikOlsen
2008-Sep-07, 10:49 AM
- seemingly every other tv show from the last 30 years is out in a dvd box set-
It only seems that way because you have no idea how much unwatchable crud was actually produced in that period.

pzkpfw
2008-Sep-07, 09:19 PM
My husband's a huge fan of the show.

The '70s hairstyles drive me nuts, and half the time I think it's set during Vietnam (Hawkeye was especially a "radical '60s"-type character) instead of the Korean War (in which my father served).

Otherwise it's a good show, yeah.

I think I read once in a T.V. guide sort of thing that they originally wanted to set it in the Vietnam war, but at the time, it was still too "sensitive".

So they shifted it.

(Don't know if that's myth.)

I've never seen the movie. When was that set?

tdvance
2008-Sep-07, 11:12 PM
The movie was also set during the Korean war, just like the book it was based on--the book, if I recall, was true stories, but I've never read it. It was the TV series that turned the Korean War into a surrogate for the Vietnam War.

Tobin Dax
2008-Sep-07, 11:57 PM
The movie was also set during the Korean war, just like the book it was based on--the book, if I recall, was true stories, but I've never read it. It was the TV series that turned the Korean War into a surrogate for the Vietnam War.

What I've read is that, while the movie was set during the Korean War, the producers didn't want the captions that stated this explicitly.

novaderrik
2008-Sep-08, 12:24 AM
It only seems that way because you have no idea how much unwatchable crud was actually produced in that period.
i am fully aware of how much unwatchable crud was on during that time- it's when i grew up- and get reminded every time i walk down the "tv series" aisle of the dvd section at Best Buy.

Gillianren
2008-Sep-08, 04:04 AM

The book was written by the guy who turned himself into, I believe, Hawkeye. However, the TV show features a lot of real-life events that happened during the Korean War.