PDA

View Full Version : Following the "script"

R.A.F.
2003-Oct-14, 11:45 AM
While watching the Apollo 17, DVD, a thought occurred to me...

If, as the HB'ers state, the Moon landings were "fake", then they HAD to be totally scripted. I can't imagine HOW that is even possible. For example, on 17, at station 2, Jack and Gene spent over an hour on camera.

Astronauts are not good enough actors to be able to pull this off convincingly, unless they were really there.

Bawheid
2003-Oct-14, 11:50 AM
Edited since I beat Kucharek to the punch, but his answer was better.

kucharek
2003-Oct-14, 11:50 AM
Astronauts are not good enough actors to be able to pull this off convincingly, unless they were really there.

That's why they put actors into the suits... 8)

R.A.F.
2003-Oct-14, 01:40 PM
That's why they put actors into the suits...

Wait a minute...since we can see Jack Schmitt's face here (http://community.webtv.net/laflaflaf/doc2) that must mean that not only was Jack a Geologist and an Astronaut, he was also an actor. Where did he find the time?

After his Moon flight, he did become a politician. :)

Bawheid
2003-Oct-14, 01:44 PM
No, he was an actor who played the part of an astronaut in a film, someone from the government did the geology qualifications in his name, and he became a politician. :D

JayUtah
2003-Oct-14, 08:06 PM
As many of you know, I spend some of my spare time working in theatrical venues.

Stage actors are accustomed to holding a character and following a script for two hours or more. But keep in mind that this is not a stage. Film actors are just as talented, but the nature of the medium precludes long takes. It would be very ambitious to stage such a special effects bonanza (dust, bouncing astronauts, etc.) where the actors are on camera for an hour at a time in a seamless take. The reason film shots are so short -- mere seconds, mostly -- is that you can generally only keep things working for a few seconds before something ruins the take.

Bawheid
2003-Oct-15, 07:54 AM
Your actors are trained to play a variety of parts, actornauts are trained from childhood by the CIA/NASA to play one part. While someone is doubling for them at university, they are already practicing their adlibs. At at fourteen they are training on the (fake) hardware, and by twenty they have been fully briefed on the astronomy.

Of course this would be simpler with crews made up of twins, two sets in parallel and any time there was a stutter on one, "static" would break the signal and they would cut to the other. :D

This is worryingly easy to think up.

DataCable
2003-Oct-15, 03:03 PM
Which is exactly why there are bookshelves piled high with this drivel. :roll:

Bawheid
2003-Oct-15, 03:09 PM
Upon further thought, triplets would be better still, since that would give you three eight hour shifts and you wouldn't fall foul of employment laws or have to pay overtime. :D

Someone must know the actornaut/sibling/multiplebirth ratio. :roll:

R.A.F.
2003-Oct-19, 12:56 PM
That's why they put actors into the suits...

Wait a minute...since we can see Jack Schmitt's face here (http://community.webtv.net/laflaflaf/doc2) that must mean that not only was Jack a Geologist and an Astronaut, he was also an actor.

And not just Jack, Gene Cernan's face is clearly visible here (http://community.webtv.net/laflaflaf/doc3) as he brushes off the lens of the TV camera at station 2.

He must be another one of those actornauts. :lol: :lol:

SirThoreth
2003-Oct-19, 05:17 PM
Your actors are trained to play a variety of parts, actornauts are trained from childhood by the CIA/NASA to play one part. While someone is doubling for them at university, they are already practicing their adlibs. At at fourteen they are training on the (fake) hardware, and by twenty they have been fully briefed on the astronomy.

Of course this would be simpler with crews made up of twins, two sets in parallel and any time there was a stutter on one, "static" would break the signal and they would cut to the other. :D

Yeah, but I can think of a flaw with this argument, using Buzz Aldrin as an example. OK, he was born in 1930, and it was during Kennedy's administration that we decided to go to the Moon "within 10 years". Buzz was already 30 years old at this point, making it highly improbable that someone had been planning that far in advance, through multiple presidential administrations (including Hoover, FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, & Kennedy), and before any government had ever launched a major rocket.

Ikyoto
2003-Oct-19, 06:55 PM
Aww.. that's an easy one. The current gorvernments are all just arms of the Illiminati and have been so since the signing of the Magna Carta, which was the foundation of the rule of families of rich people who had more influence and power over the world than royalty anyway.

(shudder... this stuff IS easy to make up! I'm gonna go join that reserved water fowl in the field of daisies...)

Andreas
2003-Oct-20, 05:03 PM
OK, he was born in 1930, and it was during Kennedy's administration that we decided to go to the Moon "within 10 years". Buzz was already 30 years old at this point, making it highly improbable that someone had been planning that far in advance
Maybe not specifically for this event. They maintain an army of actors with fake backgrounds in case they ever need to fake something, I tell you!

Bawheid
2003-Oct-21, 12:06 PM
Buzz Aldrin eh? Classic cover story, you take a photogenic kid's identity, change the name from Eugene Edwin Aldrin Jr to the more pithy "Buzz" hide him in the military until enough time has passed for him to have learned what he needs to know, set him up as a hero in the "Korean War" (as if that war actually happened, I've seen MASH and I know it was only a tv show), and then wheel him out for whatever the Kennedy administration wanted.

Had it been the invasion of Cuba then he would have been in a three man sub, and we all know what that would have looked like inside; tunnelling to China? certainly, we have a three man capsule all ready; shrink something to inject into a human body? funnily enough we think that is a three man job and we happen to have a capsule over here........

Nurse, the screens.............. :D