PDA

View Full Version : The Fly(DVDs)

Paul Leeks
2008-Sep-09, 11:16 PM
This movie absolutely scares me thats why I ordered it from Amazon a moment ago!

I was thinking if science has no limits then teleportation will probably happen.

so who puts ethical restriction on what science can and cannot do??
hint: my friend told me that yesterday that with that particle accelerator..they recieved death threats!!

and I saw a programme last night about cloning,genetic modification..I find it disturbing and potentially harmful to mankind..(but there are +ve aspects to GM)

In the future science will start playing around with forces that could prove to be disastrous.:mad::mad::mad:

time will tell

PL

KaiYeves
2008-Sep-09, 11:53 PM
This movie absolutely scares me thats why I ordered it from Amazon a moment ago!
I really don't get people...

Neverfly
2008-Sep-09, 11:56 PM
I really don't get people...

Me either...http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/46.gif

mahesh
2008-Sep-10, 12:03 AM
This movie absolutely scares me thats why I ordered it from Amazon a moment ago! PL

I first saw it when I was eight years old!

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3562641408/tt0051622

h e l p m e ! h e l p m e !

great fun, the teletransportation bit.

sarongsong
2008-Sep-10, 12:04 AM
The Fly(DVDs)WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH SPACES?
Every one of your posts seems to have simple errors that could be resolved by proof-reading before Sending---it's getting rather tiresome. :(

John Jones
2008-Sep-10, 01:26 AM

I was thinking if science has no limits then teleportation will probably happen.

so who puts ethical restriction on what science can and cannot do??
hint: my friend told me that yesterday that with that particle accelerator..they recieved death threats!!

and I saw a programme last night about cloning,genetic modification..I find it disturbing and potentially harmful to mankind..(but there are +ve aspects to GM)

In the future science will start playing around with forces that could prove to be disastrous.:mad::mad::mad:

time will tell

PL

There, there. Don't be alarmist. I'm on the World Scientific Overview Committee Against Mad Scientists Destroying the World, (WSOCAMSDW), and I'm here to help you.

Now let's get to the bottom of this dreadful business. Which version of The Fly has gotten you worked up? The 1958 version or the 1986 one?

If it's the 1958 version, we're already done with that. All the major players in that motion picture have been... retired if you get my meaning.

The !986 version is being redacted even as we speak. Jeff Goldblum will soon be starring in the TV series CSI.

This is a much more effective way of dealing with nonpersons than having them just vanish, or run for Vice-President of the US, like in the old days.

Don't you agree?

eric_marsh
2008-Sep-10, 03:03 AM
Would you find an operatic version frightening? http://www.theflytheopera.com/

Paul Leeks
2008-Sep-10, 03:30 AM
yeah! it's the 1958 version

it scares me just to think about it..

what scares me more are mad scientist...

PL

HenrikOlsen
2008-Sep-10, 05:41 AM
Science has limitations, they are called "How the world actually works."

KaiYeves
2008-Sep-10, 11:02 PM
what scares me more are mad scientist...
Don't worry. Most mad scientists are too mad to get their science right and end up blowing themselves up.