PDA

View Full Version : Ukranian disproves Einstein?

Dunash
2002-Mar-21, 12:15 AM
http://english.pravda.ru/main/2002/03/18/27035.html

Omega
2002-Mar-21, 12:42 AM
Ehrm...
Okay, I must've gone blind. I can't see where this Ukranian disproves Einstein. He thinks he's done so, or that he might do so, maybe.
"He writes about movement within time". Woaw. It requires time to move. What a surprise.
What is "gravitation parallax"? Does he mean the deflection of light around massive bodies?

NottyImp
2002-Mar-21, 11:08 AM
"L.Fominsky together with Moldavian inventor Yury Potapov participated in working out of vortical heat-generator producing three times more energy than it consumes electric power. For a very long time, such high effectiveness has been a mystery for the developers themselves, though the answer was found in Fominsky’s theoretical works."

Apparently it works using cold-fusion. Oh dear.

2002-Aug-04, 02:42 PM
<a name="20020804.6:31"> page 20020804.6:31 aka "HArd ovER"
On 2002-03-20 19:15, Dunash wrote: To: August 4, 2002
http://english.pravda.ru/main/2002/03/18/27035.html
6:32 A.M. Ok: let me 1st espouse a political
line of thought that would make Adolf appear
As A Mild spice.. and begin by dredging this
Up off page 13. Anyway For my part i will say
I DO have an interest in what the "Dread Ruskies" are
up to these days. Their space station gets little
TV time that i've seen .. a shuttle trip now and then. Wheres the data..? the Rad's hmm?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUb' on 2002-08-04 11:19 ]</font>

GrapesOfWrath
2002-Aug-04, 02:59 PM
The article says "Though, either authorities or private capital in Ukraine have not expressed yet their interest in realization of this project."

I'm betting that they'll come around when Forminsky and Potapov come up with a wood-fired TV, like we had when I was a kid.

<font size=-1>[Fixed formatting]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GrapesOfWrath on 2002-08-04 11:00 ]</font>

2002-Aug-04, 03:26 PM
<a name="20020804.7:14"> page 20020804.7:14 aka Over Easy
On 2002-08-04 10:59, GrapesOfWrath wrote:
Some score years ago { when such thing were of interest to me}
I can recall making a scale modle of the state i live in ..
Oregon ..where a 100 watt light bulb represented this
Biggest city [Portland] and a 75 the Aluminium Plant.
as i recall it was one megaWatt and 3/4?
somethiong like that?/? anyway the Al.Co. has been shut Down
My questions this? What the Wattage of the space station?
or whats the link? And how do they get their power ? 7:20 A.M. PST

Gsquare
2002-Aug-04, 09:56 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gsquare on 2002-08-08 09:17 ]</font>

Gsquare
2002-Aug-04, 10:00 PM
On 2002-08-04 17:56, Gsquare wrote:
[quote]
On 2002-08-04 10:59, GrapesOfWrath wrote:
The article says "Though, either authorities or private capital in Ukraine have not expressed yet their interest in realization of this project."
I'm betting that they'll come around when Forminsky and Potapov come up with a wood-fired TV, like we had when I was a kid.

Yes, most revealing /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Here's another quote:.".. at the conversation exhibition this stove was awarded with a gold medal as well. “It is a very effective energy settling, - Fominsky explains. – It weights 28 kg and consumes 4 kg of firewood a day, actually four logs, while it heats a 50-square-metre room! Imagine, if in a private house such a stove is used, only two cubic metres of wood are necessary for the whole winter." WOW!

We here in America can barely imagine such technological improvements to our standard of living; Maybe we should get rid of this ancient all-electric technology and get some stoves imported to America. Why worry with dangerous electrical and gas heaters when you could be enjoying the pleasures of chopping, hauling, and fueling your own wood burning stove every morning for just pennies a day?

Of course, here's another:
"There are also other modifications, for example, for baths. Such stove needs already two cubic metres of wood a day.... Are these heating systems really necessary? It is, probably, more actual to work out and to introduce nuclear energy settlings."

Now here's a clever example of ingenuity...nuclear bath heaters? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif Yep, I never would have thought of that. (Apparently, the disposal of the nuclear arsenal has provided plenty of nuclear material for every needy household).

Is it any wonder that everyone here in the West can't wait to get tomorrow's edition of Pravda? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

G^2

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gsquare on 2002-08-04 23:12 ]</font>

beskeptical
2002-Aug-04, 10:20 PM
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif Wow, take a look at the other stuff on that page. A BB thread titled, "I killed a Palestinian today" and all those other news stories. If the science article being full of errors is an example of the rest of the reports, the propaganda result must be big. Didn't we talk about the reliability of Pravda in an earlier thread?

Celestial Mechanic
2002-Aug-05, 04:55 AM
Reminds me of a joke.

Dmitri Shostakovich had just died and been admitted to Heaven. As the angel was leading him about on a guided tour, they heard the tinkling of a small bell.

Dmitri asked, "What was that?"

The angel replied, "Everytime someone on Earth tells a lie, a bell rings."

Just then, there was the enormous racket of thousands of bells, at all pitches ringing for almost five minutes.

As the cacophony died out, a visibly shaken Shostakovich asked, "What was that?"

The angel replied, "Oh, that was just Pravda going to press!"