PDA

View Full Version : Dark matter Galaxies: do they contain large black holes at their centers?

WaxRubiks
2008-Sep-11, 01:05 AM
I read about Galaxies composed mainly of dark matter, being detected (http://www.universetoday.com/2006/01/13/dark-matter-galaxy/?1212006) and wondered whether these galaxies had large black holes at their centers, or even in them at all.

I had the idea that you could have a black hole so small that it couldn’t evaporate, by Hawking Radiation, any more (http://www.bautforum.com/questions-answers/78579-could-mini-blackhole-get-so-small-couldnt-emit-hawking-radiation.html) and wondered whether this could account for dark matter….
Maybe there are trillions, upon trillions of such mini-black holes, left over from the big bang, and some even created by high energy collisions, like the ones famously being discussed as being created in the LHC.
And if that was what dark matter was, then they would form galaxies, just like ordinary matter, and maybe combine to form large black holes in their centers and other parts of the dark matter galaxy.

I also had the idea that, black holes could be the reason that the Universe is expanding (http://www.bautforum.com/against-mainstream/78464-expansion-universe-due-black-holes.html), and so this could lead one to think that if dark matter were made of black holes, then dark matter could also account for “dark energy”. Well if I were right about black holes causing the Universe to expand, that would probably mean that ordinary matter, by warping space-time, would have the same effect.
Maybe the coming together of more and more matter would cause the universe to accelerate its expansion?

Anyway, maybe its all cobblers, and I thought of putting it in ATM, but as far as I know, there isn’t really a main stream, in regards to dark matter, and dark energy, but I don’t mind this thread being moved to ATM, but I am just asking whether the above is feasible, or not.

ETA: my own counter argument to the above is, that if two very mini-black holes combine, then they would have enough energy to evaporate and so would be reduced back to a ONE very small black hole, so maybe it would be impossible for any non-evaporating black holes to coalesce.

sirius0
2008-Sep-11, 11:34 AM
Somewhere I have heard a suggestion that perhaps some of the sub-atomic particles we know and love may in fact be mini BHs.

So I wonder perhaps when an 'electron' evaporates it produces a non-virtual particle (somehow biased to be another electron) within the original's Heisenberg uncertainty and appears to us to be drifting but is actually going Bang I'm here Bang I'm not etc etc etc. Meaning that small ones do Hawking evaporate but we interpret this as propagation or movement.

transreality
2008-Sep-12, 01:26 AM
maybe (just maybe) since Dark Matter produces anti-matter by self-annihilation, there could be an anti-matter galaxy with an anti-matter black hole within huge DM halo that originally had no normal baryonic matter.