PDA

View Full Version : who's the best sister?

star girl
2003-Oct-15, 04:11 AM
Ok. Let's settle this once and for all. Vote for your favorite and vote for me! 8)

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Oct-15, 04:12 AM
Well, uh... you need to start a poll... but I'm still staying out of this one!

Archer17
2003-Oct-15, 04:12 AM
show us pictures :wink:

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Oct-15, 04:30 AM
I was gonna comment on the pictures requiring a certain level of...undress, shall we say?...but HRMWOTAS wouldn't like that...

...although I'm open to negotiations on the price of the video of the winner-take-all JelloŽ wrestling match to settle this little contretemps... :o

space cadet
2003-Oct-15, 04:32 AM
I was gonna comment on the pictures requiring a certain level of...undress, shall we say?...but HRMWOTAS wouldn't like that...

...although I'm open to negotiations on the price of the video of the winner-take-all JelloŽ wrestling match to settle this little contretemps... :o

I'm going to kill you. Star Girl is 14 petes sake!!!

ocasey3
2003-Oct-15, 04:33 AM
Dude, I don't think these sisters are old enough for that.

Mr. X
2003-Oct-15, 04:34 AM
Can anyone tell me what HRMWOTAS means?

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Oct-15, 04:36 AM

I'm going to kill you. Star Girl is 14 petes sake!!!

I'm willing to wait awhile... 8-[

ocasey3
2003-Oct-15, 04:38 AM
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, [-X [-X [-X [-X
Not cool.

space cadet
2003-Oct-15, 04:38 AM
I'm warning you, buddy. If I don't kill you, her big brother will.

Kaptain K
2003-Oct-15, 04:39 AM
space cadet better vote or star girl's going to win by default! :roll:

edit: Spoke too soon. Never mind. #-o

Musashi
2003-Oct-15, 04:40 AM
everyone needs to take a least one step back.

Charlie, not cool.

Space Cadet, death threats are not cool either.

star girl
2003-Oct-15, 04:46 AM
ok. it goes space cadet, brother, me, little sister. The oldest, space cadet, is the first born, therefore, they get to be the first to do everything, drive, move out, graduate, .....drive......,. Then the brother, who is the only son, so he is spoiled. then me. not the oldest, not the youngest, not the only girl. Then the baby of the family. yeah. So that is why I belive I deserve a little credit. And if you vote for me, I will see about giving you each $1,000,000, an on-line swimming pool, and the privlage of having me president for the best....sister.....uh, club. So vote for the star! 8)

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

tuffel999
2003-Oct-15, 04:49 AM
If you could just make that check out to cash and date it October 15th 2003 that would be great.

PS- I Voted for ya kiddo :D

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Oct-15, 04:51 AM
The envelope of humor, having been stretched, has snapped back and smacked me squarely between the eyes.

Apologies are issued all around. No offense intended.

...besides, you started it... 8-[

Mr. X
2003-Oct-15, 04:52 AM
I ain't not voting for none of yous.

The best sister is the one that don't exist, so I ain't votin' since there ain't no choice for me.

Why am I talking like this already?

My choice stands though.

ocasey3
2003-Oct-15, 04:53 AM
Humor can be dicey when minors are involved.

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Oct-15, 04:55 AM
We need PG-somethingorother icons to go next to names.

What sort of icon goes well with over 50, overweight, and gray hair?

Mr. X
2003-Oct-15, 04:59 AM
What sort of icon goes well with over 50, overweight, and gray hair?
A balloon. :D It's bloated, it's sometimes gray, it's been around for a while and it's full of hot air.

Just messing with you!

But I agree, we need to distinguish between the kiddies and the rest.

ocasey3
2003-Oct-15, 04:59 AM
Santa? :D

space cadet
2003-Oct-15, 05:03 AM
Okay....

First of all, I wasn't the first sibling to get her driver's permit. Brother got his nearly six months before I did because I got sick and had so many other balls in the air that I didn't have time to take the class.

You've got it so darn easy, you have no idea what it's like to be the guinea pig. Mom made all her mistakes on me; i.e. beating my butt with a wooden spoon, etc. Besides that, when Mom and Dad were first married, they didn't buy me all the nice toys and stuff that you have. I had to share a room with Brother until I was eight years old, and then just when I thought I was going to get my own room, surprise surprise! Here comes a bawling baby, keeping me up half the night, etc etc. And then when you outgrew your crib, you always insisted on sleeping in my bed, and you would kick me ALL FREAKING NIGHT LONG!!! Then finally you moved into a different bedroom, and I was all happy until I found out I had to share my room with the OTHER sister!! It so wasn't fair!

Besides that, it's GOOD for you that I graduated and moved out first, because A. you got to move into my old room and B. I already went through the mine field that is high school so you have me to tell you what classes to avoid, which teachers are jerks, what clubs are fun to join, what books you might enjoy, and all that other good stuff. I had to figure that all out for myself without any help at all!

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Oct-15, 05:11 AM
Gently there, space cadet...

As the oldest of six I know whereof you speak. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

However, there are certain things better discussed in private. Been there, done that too.

Mr. X
2003-Oct-15, 05:12 AM
Not to wreck your fun... but why are you arguing in here? Don't you either live in the same house, have each other's email or phone number or something? Just yell after one another and when you're done you can come tell us who's better and that will be the end of that.

Just saying what everyone's thinking. Or should be thinking.

We're arguing very serious things here, such as who's greater a martial artist or Mike Tyson.

OOPS... Sorry for repeating Charlie... can you tell me what is Dayton though?

space cadet
2003-Oct-15, 05:15 AM
she started it.

I was just defending myself. :(

Colt
2003-Oct-15, 05:23 AM
Charlie, Jello is best in a bowl. :P

Sisters, go find some pillows and beat the heck out of each other with them while disturbing the parents. :)

As for me, I'm the middle child. Beat that. :P -Colt

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Oct-15, 05:23 AM
... can you tell me what is Dayton though?

A city in southwest Ohio...we have Cincinnati as a south suburb... :D

Musashi
2003-Oct-15, 05:31 AM
We're arguing very serious things here, such as who's greater a martial artist or Mike Tyson.

Heh.

space cadet
2003-Oct-15, 06:36 AM
*grabs a pillow*

take THAT!!!!

Mr. X
2003-Oct-15, 06:46 AM
A city in southwest Ohio...we have Cincinnati as a south suburb... :D
Thanks! Although I think there was some humor in there but it's lost on me. Sorry! 8-[ ]

I'm going to add this as filler, see if I still get that bug, I suspect it to be gone!

Heh.
Well it's true isn't it?

At any rate we should start a thread with this as a topic and we'll go move by move through the fight, with each of us actually mimicking each movement before we post about it.

You also have to dress up like your character would be, I'm Mike Tyson, and you're a female martial artist. So you have to put on a wig, and shove some grapefruit down your shirt, etc. etc.

We also have to grunt accordingly.

Musashi
2003-Oct-15, 07:34 AM
Man, Mr. X, that is a riot. =D> I'm up for it. Can it be a blue wig? And I'll have to cross the picket lines to get some grapefruit.

You're going to have to get a tattoo on your face (or at least draw one on there), and probably take some kind of drugs to make you act really really stupid. And don't forget to mimic his voice.

Seriously, when I read your post, I almost dies laughing. Thank you for making my week Mr. X :P

Bawheid
2003-Oct-15, 08:08 AM
Why are there only two choices, if there are three sisters? :-?

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-15, 01:40 PM
Raises hand. I actually think that I started it. In another tread Star Girl made some comment that we were picking on her--I think it may only have been me though I ment no harm, so I suggested that they type something up that allowed us to decide who we liked the best.

I apologize for any problems that this has caused.

In her best imitation of a mom

GIRLS, play nice, I do not care who started it I am finishing it.

Again sorry for having started this brawl :oops:

Andromeda321
2003-Oct-15, 03:08 PM
Stargirl, I gotta admit I voted for you. Speaking as someone who has an older sister and a twin brother (who thinks 20 minutes older is the same as 20 years- you know how it is). Little sisters unite! It's FUN to be annoying!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
And fyi, my brother was allowed to drive three months before me, still gets to drive to school even tho his is only 5 minutes away compared to my 45 (and he has two crashes compared to my zero), I had to share a room until I was 11, and I am the only child not allowed to go 8 hours away for college (I have to make do with 4).

ToSeek
2003-Oct-15, 05:36 PM
I voted for "space cadet" as another eldest child: the guinea pig, and the over-protected: my younger sister and brother always got the privileges at the same time I got them, even though they were three and four years younger than me. Very annoying.

Mr. X
2003-Oct-15, 06:38 PM
Man, Mr. X, that is a riot. =D> I'm up for it. Can it be a blue wig?
I was thinking pink but whatever suits your fancy.

And I'll have to cross the picket lines to get some grapefruit.
Anything from apples to melons.

You're going to have to get a tattoo on your face (or at least draw one on there),
Going to use those crayons here.

and probably take some kind of drugs to make you act really really stupid.
DONE! I was looking forward to this! Although Mike probabaly uses a special mixture of gasoline, melting plastic and cow poo thrown in furnace and has the fumes pumped into a gas mask!

And don't forget to mimic his voice.
Mike Tyson can talk!?!

You forgot that I have to grope a few females, go to prison, beat up a few drivers because they got near my motorcycle, back to prison, out again, pick a fight with a street gang outside the marriott hotel in manhattan, bite off a guy's ear in a fight, hit people at a press conference and make lewd comments to females that ask questions. :D

Seriously, when I read your post, I almost dies laughing. Thank you for making my week Mr. X :P
Welcome!

xbck1
2003-Oct-15, 09:16 PM
Ok, just one thing before I say my piece...

CEASE YOUR INCESSANT BICKERING!!!!!!! :P :D

Ok, this is what I wanted to say: Why hasn't this been taken to the (long forgotten) dueling thread yet?

star girl
2003-Oct-15, 09:20 PM
Yeah, you guys are right. We just wanted to have a little fun without hurting/breaking anyone/anything. Besides, she's twice my size. She'd crush me like a bug! (no offence space) No more "sister junk".

I hearby pronounce this thread dead. The dead thread. The thread of deadliness. The death of the thread. RIP thread. Good bye. Nice knowing you. Any last posts?

xbck1
2003-Oct-15, 10:08 PM
Yes, one last post.

While your first post was entirely inappropriate, disgusting, low, and vulgar, Charlie, I did find it also to be quite funny.

But, I personally would still think twice before saying anything like that to anyone... ever. At least until you know how old they are and if they would allow you to say things like that about them.

;)

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Oct-15, 11:35 PM
*Continues to stay out of it*

space cadet
2003-Oct-15, 11:41 PM
*feels like crap*

Mr. X
2003-Oct-16, 12:58 AM
Thread might not be dead at all, in fact Musashi and I will probably use it to see who's better, Mike Tyson or a female martial artist!

Or maybe we'll just carry it someplace else.

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-16, 01:33 AM
...and a twin brother (who thinks 20 minutes older is the same as 20 years- you know how it is).

My friend has a twin brother who is 4 minutes older than her, he used to love to lord it over her that he was the oldest. However once they turned 30 she got the upper hand and got to remind him that he was old...er than her. She now makes fun of him.

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Oct-16, 01:59 AM
Yes, one last post.

While your first post was entirely inappropriate, disgusting, low, and vulgar, Charlie, I did find it also to be quite funny.

But, I personally would still think twice before saying anything like that to anyone... ever. At least until you know how old they are and if they would allow you to say things like that about them.

;)

Well, being low and mildly disgusting was sorta the idea...next time I'm asking for scans of birth certificates and/or driver's licenses...

Everybody in general and space cadet and star girl in particular relax, have fun, go watch some stars, and feel better about this great big beautiful universe. I'm outta here on vacation to watch my friends bounce their cars off trees in the Michigan woods... www.realautosport.com ...Mikey's gonna win hisself a national title...

See yas next week! \:D/

Humphrey
2003-Oct-18, 05:39 AM
SEcond oldest of four. One older borhter, a younger sister and the youngest is another borhter. My older borhter is a loner and anti-social. Im crazy, illogical, childish, and imaginitive. My younger sister is anoying in the purest sense. And my youngest brother tries to emulate the qualities of me and my older brother.

The best of the four of us is me of course. I am the smartesyt of the group, I am the firts to have a sterady relationsip, and I am of course the first to own a world wide organization that has taken over the world.

Space Cadet: i know the feeling. I shared a room with one brother or another till i was 11. My sister got all the perks. whatever she wanted she got, whil we had to wait for a special day like birthday or good grades.

But i do have to say that i am glad i wasn't first. My parents messed up with my older brother, and got it perfect with me.

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-18, 05:41 AM
Humphrey, I'm curious, who is the better speller in your family? :lol: :lol:

Humphrey
2003-Oct-18, 06:28 AM
Humphrey, I'm curious, who is the better speller in your family? :lol: :lol:

Hard one to say. My mom probobly. A teacher has to know how to spell. To bad none of that ability rubbed off on me.

Starbuck
2003-Oct-18, 04:59 PM
I think my sister is the best.
:D

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Oct-23, 04:16 AM
...[cautiously peeks over the edge of a carefully selected foxhole, scans the horizon for danger]...

...All done? Everybody made nice again?...

...[slides back into shelter, pulls helmet low over eyes, snugs straps on flak jacket awaiting any possible 'replies']...

Ikyoto
2003-Oct-23, 04:45 AM
Yall may be the youngn's round here, but I'm a GRANDFATHER and a TEACHER!

So all of yas better behave or I'm gonna run yah over with my walker and make yah do extra homework DURING THE HOLIDAYS!

Now go get me a fresh box of depends and someone freshen up my geritol!!!

I'm goin' back to the other thread and ifin' I hear any more brew-ha-ha over here I'm gonna come back here and ... and....

Darn it... forgot what the heck this was all about....

space cadet
2003-Oct-23, 05:47 AM
It's okay, everything's fine here between me and Star Girl. Brother's the one on my crap list now. Stupid idiot threw a disgusting severed deer head in the back seat of my car without even putting it in a bag first. I don't care how good venison tastes, that's the last time I let anybody talk me into taking my car deer hunting!

It's a good thing I missed him so much while he was on his mission in Croatia during the past two years or there'd be more than just deer blood all over the place.

Bawheid
2003-Oct-23, 08:11 AM
I still want to vote for the as yet un-named third sister, but then I'm just thrawn. :D

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Oct-24, 04:23 AM
It's okay, everything's fine here between me and Star Girl. Brother's the one on my crap list now. Stupid idiot threw a disgusting severed deer head in the back seat of my car without even putting it in a bag first. I don't care how good venison tastes, that's the last time I let anybody talk me into taking my car deer hunting!

It's a good thing I missed him so much while he was on his mission in Croatia during the past two years or there'd be more than just deer blood all over the place.

Really...c'mon...y'all are The Osbornes, aintcha? :o

space cadet
2003-Oct-24, 05:56 AM
nah... it's more of a weird mix of both the Osbournes and the Osmonds.

Star Girl and I belong to an LDS family with high moral standards, but that doesn't stop us from threatening to kill each other when we're having a bad day. However, unlike the Osbournes, we are always careful to substitue %#!!&*$@#! with one of the following:

OH MY HECK!--A COLLECTION OF MORMON CUSS WORDS

Bull
Crapcakes
Crud
Dang it
Darn it
Donkey's hind end
Fetch
Fishsticks
Flip
For crying out loud!
Freakin'
Fudge
Gee
Geez-o-pete!
Golly
Gosh
Hell..O
Holy Cow!
Holy Moly!
Oh for pete's sake
Oh my heck!
Oh my word!
Pain in the arse
Smart aleck
Son of a buck
That stinks

Don't ask me to explain the hypocrisy. I'm just as confused by it as anyone.

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-24, 02:37 PM
I like the "Donkey's hind end."

If I am mad, yet still want to be polite, I will say that they are a cross between a horse and a donkey. If people don't get that, then go on to ask, "what is another name for a mule?"

Humphrey
2003-Oct-24, 10:15 PM
I like the "Donkey's hind end."
If people don't get that, then go on to ask, "what is another name for a mule?"

A sterile cross-breed.

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-25, 07:04 PM
But how many people know that a mule is sterile?

Humphrey
2003-Oct-25, 07:17 PM
[sick mind working] Alot of people in my high school [/sick mind working]

But seriously, no clue. But it is prety common. I remeber learning that in middle school. and that was a long time ago.

Hmmm...Maybe time for another Jaywalking episode on science?

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-25, 07:52 PM
But, on Jaywalking they only show the people who get it wrong, so it does not truely reflect what the genral public knows.

Humphrey
2003-Oct-25, 07:55 PM
Actually from what i found out, sometimes it does. :-(

Remeber the latest National Geographic survey?

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-25, 08:11 PM
No, what did they find?

Humphrey
2003-Oct-25, 10:07 PM
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/11/1120_021120_GeoRoperSurvey.html

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Oct-25, 10:14 PM
Wow. Fewer Americans knew where the USA was on a world map than Canadians. Or French. Or Mexicans. And most of the others polled. Yikes. :o

space cadet
2003-Oct-25, 10:59 PM
You know, speaking of mules, they cloned the first mule right here at good old USU just last month.

xbck1
2003-Oct-25, 11:03 PM
USU? United State of Utah, huh?

That's, um, interesting.

:D

space cadet
2003-Oct-25, 11:23 PM
That's Utah State University, xbck1. :)

http://www.usu.edu/biotech/news/second_cloned_mule.html

xbck1
2003-Oct-25, 11:25 PM
:D :D :D

Cougar
2003-Oct-26, 12:13 AM
...winner-take-all JelloŽ wrestling match to settle this little contretemps... :o
I thought them LDS Utahns just loved their JelloŽ. And Archer was right - how can we decide without photos? I mean, we've seen StarGirl running from the crashing waves at the ocean, but what about SpaceCadet? :wink:
http://www.xmission.com/~dcc/mousescare.gif

space cadet
2003-Oct-26, 01:03 AM
I would, but it might be upsetting to sensitive viewers.

Humphrey
2003-Oct-26, 01:11 AM
Well you did show a self portait. just re-link that. :-P

Persoanlly i don't care. All women on this board are godesses in my mind. 8)

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-26, 01:28 AM
Thank You. You are the master of charm aren't you?

Humphrey
2003-Oct-26, 02:29 AM
No, i just like to give everyone a smile.

Mr. X
2003-Oct-26, 06:01 AM
You worry too much Charlie.

I know how it is to waste good humor on humorless people, believe me, nothing is more frustrating.

It happens to me all the time around here.

Some BABBers try to make humor, to those (and me) I say "ROCK ON" =D> \:D/
Some BABBers don't find anything funny at all. :roll:
Some BABBers find stuff that isn't funny funny (2+2 is 4?! Ohmanisthatfunny!) :roll: :roll:
Some BABBers take offense at any attempt at humor (WHAT! Are you KNOCKING COMPUTERS, MAN!?! APOLOGIZE!) :roll: :-s :-?

Humphrey is a special case, as he's obviously smoking some weird grass. :D

Don't get discouraged, or you'll never get that stand up comedy act started.

Humphrey
2003-Oct-26, 06:08 AM
[Pauly Shore voice] I am not smoking grass man....oh look a turtle...Hi mr. turtle. Have you seen my movies? Wanna race?

-----------------------------------------
On the other hand i did have a great plate of mac and cheese. That could explain everything.

Mr. X
2003-Oct-26, 06:12 AM
Now I'm thinking you may just be sniffing burning plastic, glue and gasoline all at the same time. :D

pmcolt
2003-Oct-26, 10:01 PM
Sniffing burning plastic, glue, and gasoline? Sounds like a foreshadowing of long nights in the lab later on in the semester. Well, except for gasoline; they don't let us have burning gasoline in the lab.

I'm leaning toward voting for space cadet, for providing that wonderful list of Mormon swears. =D> I've used a lot of them, but I'll have to try to work "son of a buck" and "geez-o-pete" into my vocabulary.

star girl
2003-Oct-27, 12:48 AM
here is a picture of space cadet :wink:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce35b3127cce8048c41a88290000001610

just kidding. Thats my frog, Master Jabba

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce35b3127cce8048dbdbc87f0000001610

this is a family picture

space cadet
2003-Oct-27, 02:30 AM
Star Girl...

You are sooooo dead.

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-27, 04:29 AM
No no no, space cadet, you just retaliate and and post a picture of a snake or a pig. :lol:

Humphrey
2003-Oct-27, 04:31 AM
I just think it is hilarious that they fight on here instead of in their home. :-)

The new age of sibling rivalry.

pmcolt
2003-Oct-27, 04:34 AM
And here I was thinking that space cadet just needed some handsome prince to come along and turn her into a butterfly. Or am I getting my fairy tales mixed up? 8-[

Humphrey makes a good point. The internet is a wonderful thing; bringing the joy of sibling rivalry to the entire world.

space cadet
2003-Oct-27, 06:12 AM
It's not that, Humphrey. It's just the fact that if we continue to fight in the house, Mom will more than likely kill us.

That's why we've had to resort to virtual fighting.

*thows a virtual pillow*

TAKE THAT STAR GIRL!!!!

Humphrey
2003-Oct-27, 06:19 AM
Virtual snowballs work better. Plus you can have vurtual snowfights too. :-)

Mig
2003-Oct-27, 07:50 AM
Wow! I almost voted in the poll. It took me a few seconds to realize how incredibly unfair it would be to register an opinion on this subject without any real knowledge of either sister. So I too will stay out of this.

(Frogs can be cute, however.) :D

space cadet
2003-Oct-27, 05:42 PM
this is you, Star Girl.

Bwah ha ha ha!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce35b3127cce8048eaad88890000001610

pmcolt
2003-Oct-27, 05:46 PM
I sense a virtual pillow fight/virtual snow fight brewing. :)

Too bad I have to miss it to spend my afternoon taking a couple of silly midterms...

Tensor
2003-Oct-27, 05:58 PM
I sense a virtual pillow fight/virtual snow fight brewing. :)

Too bad I have to miss it to spend my afternoon taking a couple of silly midterms...

PM, you obviously have no sense of priorities. :wink:

Humphrey
2003-Oct-27, 06:25 PM
Cute dog. IS it yours?

Please tell me it's name is not Lassie, please! :-P

space cadet
2003-Oct-27, 07:00 PM
I already told you that's not my dog. That's my sister!

Sheesh.

devil's advocate
2003-Oct-27, 08:07 PM
Good thing these polls are anonymous, or this would be a quick way to make enemies.

And didn't Star Girl 'kill' this thread on the second page?

SirThoreth
2003-Oct-27, 10:04 PM
Hmm...decisions, decisions.

OK, so pics of star girl is out, but space cadet's in college......hmm.... :-k

Seriously, though, while I'm leaning towards space cadet, as I'm my mother's oldest, star girl also has a good point - my mother remarried 20 years ago, my stepdad who basically raised me has older kids, so I am simultaneously the eldest child and the middle child.

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-28, 01:50 AM
Is that a collie or a Sheltie?

Star Girl is cute.

star girl
2003-Oct-28, 02:05 AM
yep, that's me, a pure bred sheltie. I am also incredibly smart. I am capable of using the internet, spelling, doing my hair, and opening my mom's pop. See me? arn't I learn-ed?

No, that's really my puppy, Zoey

Pinemarten
2003-Oct-28, 02:06 AM
I will judge by cooking ability.

The first of the two to answer the following question gets my vote:

What are the first two things you put in the pot when you make a cheese sauce?

star girl
2003-Oct-28, 02:08 AM
Uhhh

cheese and sauce. Then heat. Apply chips as needed.

Pinemarten
2003-Oct-28, 02:10 AM
Wrong.
Do a google quick before your sis does.
No one help them now.

space cadet
2003-Oct-28, 02:15 AM
yep, that's me, a pure bred sheltie. I am also incredibly smart. I am capable of using the internet, spelling, doing my hair, and opening my mom's pop. See me? arn't I learn-ed?

No, that's really my puppy, Zoey

Well, actually, that's the family dog. So technically, she belongs to me too.

Cheddar Cheese Sauce
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black or white pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup grated sharp Cheddar or smoky flavor Cheddar cheese
Melt butter; remove from heat. Stir in flour and seasonings. Gradually add milk, stirring until well mixed. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth. Cook for 5 minutes longer; add cheese. Stir until smooth and well blended. Serve with pasta or vegetables.
Makes 2 cups.

BWAAH HA HA HAAAA! Space Cadet triumphs again!!!

space cadet
2003-Oct-28, 02:22 AM
You said the first TWO ingredients. not the whole list. I WIN!!!!!!!

Cheddar Cheese Sauce
3 tablespoons butter

By the way, not to be confused, I forgot to switch names. THIS IS STAR GIRL SPEAKING!

Pinemarten
2003-Oct-28, 02:26 AM
I think you are right.
Was Cheese Sauce the title or the first ingredient?
The key word his 'make', not heat. :wink:

Edited to keep up with the edits of the feuding sisters.

Humphrey
2003-Oct-28, 02:26 AM
I have images of Space Cadet tieing up her sister to a chair so she can't answer correctly.

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-28, 02:32 AM

Cheddar Cheese Sauce
3 tablespoons butter

By the way, not to be confused, I forgot to switch names. THIS IS STAR GIRL SPEAKING!

But "3 tablespoons butter" is only one ingredient. It is 3 tablespoons of one ingredient.

Pinemarten
2003-Oct-28, 02:38 AM
Now I am confused.

Just keep it to the first two ingredients please!

space cadet
2003-Oct-28, 05:41 AM

Cheddar Cheese Sauce
3 tablespoons butter

I told you that if you wanted to post here, you had to to remember to sign me off and switch names before I left for work, remember? What in the heck happened? I don't want people to get us confused. That would be really freaky. So knock it off!

space cadet
2003-Oct-28, 05:43 AM
I have images of Space Cadet tieing up her sister to a chair so she can't answer correctly.

Wha...? Now you're blaming her mistakes on me? Not fair, Humphrey.

Humphrey
2003-Oct-28, 06:33 AM
That was before i saw she said it was not you. :-)

But i still think it stands. From what i read, one of you would do that. :-P

space cadet
2003-Oct-28, 06:39 AM
See Star Girl?

Now you're confusing everyone.

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Oct-28, 06:40 AM
Charlie In Dayton's Dark Red Hot Cheese Dip

1 envelope Southern Mills Cheddar Cheese Sauce (or local equivalent, or 1 3/4 cups of your favorite imitation petro-cheese)
2 tsp dried minced onion
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
3 tbs bacon bits
1/8 tsp black pepper (be very gentle here -- the black pepper gives it a real bite!)
1 tbs chili powder

If using cheese-in-an-envelope, combine cheese powder and all dry ingredients in small mixing bowl. Whisk together thoroughly. From there, follow directions on envelope for cooking.
If using your favorite melted whatever, add spices 'n bacon bits to 1 3/4 cups of melted 'cheese'.
Stir constantly to keep from burning.
Remove from heat when everything is nicely mixed.
Serve hot. Tastes best with low salt/unsalted dipping material (salt kinda overpowers the subtle (?) flavors).

This recipe makes enough for one (1) diehard football fan for the first half of the game. Use the majority of halftime to determine if you're still hungry enough to whip up another batch for the second half!

FP
2003-Oct-28, 02:48 PM
Sounds good, Charlie, but this one is great and even easier --

1 pound Velveeta (tm) or equiv. processed "cheese" food
1 can Rotel (tm) diced tomatoes

cut "cheese" into cubes, put in pan over bigger pan with boiling water (or a double boiler if you have one), add Rotel, stir until melted, eat.

Very good with your favorite malted beverage...

star girl
2003-Oct-28, 10:36 PM
OK then!

So, not only is it "vote for the best"

it is also

who has the ugliest picture

who can't cook

and now

***WELCOME TO OUR OWN ASTRONOMY COOKING SITE!!!***

Today we will learn how to make easy cheese sauce.

Thanks FP and Charlie for your time today.

Brought to you by star girl 8)

Pinemarten
2003-Oct-29, 12:50 AM
Kraft Dinner with leftover liver; all diced up, and mixed in.
That's my favourite. :D

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-29, 05:04 AM
Sounds good, Charlie, but this one is great and even easier --

1 pound Velveeta (tm) or equiv. processed "cheese" food
1 can Rotel (tm) diced tomatoes

cut "cheese" into cubes, put in pan over bigger pan with boiling water (or a double boiler if you have one), add Rotel, stir until melted, eat.

Very good with your favorite malted beverage...

Why go to all that trouble FP? Just nuke it.

FP
2003-Oct-29, 03:04 PM
Good poit NASA, but my microwave has developed several "hot spots" resulting in burned "processed cheese food" next to unmelted lumps.

If I have to hover over it, I might as well do it the old fashioned way. There is a certain satifaction in stirring the dip to a creamy smoothness.

[whishy-washy mode]
As for Star Girl and Space Cadet, why choose? You both seem to be quite nice.[/whishy-washy mode]

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-30, 03:50 AM

Wha...? Now you're blaming her mistakes on me? Not fair, Humphrey.

Space Cadet, will it make you feel any better if I say that I think that Star Girl would be more likely to tie you up? At least that is the picture that formed in my mind when I read Humphrey's comment

space cadet
2003-Oct-30, 07:04 AM
well, I guess I feel a little better. 8-[

Mr. X
2003-Oct-31, 12:19 AM
I play paintball with two brothers who constantly bicker back and forth like space cadet and star girl.

-Where's my squeegee?
-Where's my squeejee you mean?
-No, where's our squeegee?
-It's not "our" squeegee it's mine.
-It's as much mine as it is yours I paid for it too.
-No you did not.
-Yes I did.
-Didn't.
-Did.
-No you did not! I still have the receipt!
-Big deal I paid you later!
-No you didn't!
-Yes I did!
-Didn't!
-Did too!
-No you paid like 8 dollars and it was 25!
-So? I paid.
-But I paid more so it's mine!
-No it's not!
-Yes it is!
-Is not!
-Is too!
-Is not!
-And why did you lose my squeegee!
-I told you it's ours and I didn't lose it, I'm looking for it.
-Because you lost it! You lost my squeegee!
-No, I misplaced our squeegee.
-You lost it!
-Did not!

[...a few hours pass...]

...sighs...

Charlie in Dayton
2003-Oct-31, 01:00 AM
Kraft Dinner with leftover liver; all diced up, and mixed in.

Well, it may not be the wurst, but it's close... #-o