PDA

View Full Version : Nancy on Lou Gentile 10/14/03

John Jones
2003-Oct-15, 10:42 AM
From my notes:

It looks to me that Nancy's biggest claim of proof of PX is getting
to be the number of people who object to it.

More than once last night, she talked about how she gets way more
negative attention than Whitley Strieber, for example, so she must
be right.

She forgot to mention that Strieber never killed his dog and that
Strieber didn't tell people he hoped they drowned in a pole shift.

Lou scolded his audience for what seemd like 5 minutes for all the
negative comments he was getting about Nancy via email, phone calls,
his IRC channel, and his chat room - telling people to turn off the
program if they didn't want to hear her.

Other items:

She claimed that Passover came in the fall. I guess she was claiming
this pointed to PX or something. You know how she babbles. A caller
corrected her.

Lou Gentile asked the zetas a question, and said "make it concise.
don't ramble on and on and on". I knew right then that Lou was on
to her.

She said Sun Filters for telescopes had mysteriously disappeared
from the market (that darned conspiracy of silence again). Lou
quickly corrected her and gave a web site that had them in stock.

She is still claiming an amazing accuracy record for the zetas - and
using earthquake 'upticks', crop failures, and the arrival of PX in
2003 as proof.

foxd
2003-Oct-15, 05:05 PM
Will there be an audio download available?

John Jones
2003-Oct-15, 05:18 PM
Will there be an audio download available?

Someone named ZOD on GLP got all but the last hour, and is supposed to make it available when Lou Gentile gives the go-ahead.

SarahMc
2003-Oct-15, 09:34 PM
And as usual, the IRC chat was hilarious as all get out. Lou himself was cracking jokes in the chat while Nancy was running off in the background (but then again, he's always done that when Nancy is on).

Nothing new to speak of, same old "look at the images" and the conspiracy angle. Oh, one thing of note that was different - numerous times over the course of the interview she said "anything is possible" when Lou confronted her aboput certain claims she was making. There was definate change from previous interviews when she claimed "it will happen". It seems she's starting to question herself.

The solar filter remark was a classic mistake, with her assuming no one listening knew any better.

freddo
2003-Oct-16, 01:07 AM
Lou scolded his audience for what seemd like 5 minutes for all the
negative comments he was getting about Nancy via email, phone calls,
his IRC channel, and his chat room - telling people to turn off the
program if they didn't want to hear her.

=D>

SarahMc
2003-Oct-16, 01:26 AM
I think that was mainly at the IRC chatters (but then again that's where I was). There was one person there that was complaining that Nancy was ruining the credibility of UFOlogy, because she was an "obvious" hoaxer.

Of course, most everyone else was just cracking jokes (as was Lou), and there were a couple believers that popped in for a "hit and run". Pretty typical night for a comedic presentation.

John Jones
2003-Oct-16, 01:49 AM
And as usual, the IRC chat was hilarious as all get out ...

Oh, one thing of note that was different - numerous times over the course of the interview she said "anything is possible" when Lou confronted her aboput certain claims she was making. There was definate change from previous interviews when she claimed "it will happen". It seems she's starting to question herself.

Ah! Now that you remind me, I recall the same thing. She repeatedly said "...but anything is possible", whereas in the past it was always "The Zetas have never been wrong".

WolfKC
2003-Oct-16, 03:51 AM
numerous times over the course of the interview she said "anything is possible" ... It seems she's starting to question herself. Nancy is starting to questions herself.... :-k anything is possable. :wink: =D>

cyswxman
2003-Oct-16, 08:21 AM
numerous times over the course of the interview she said "anything is possible" ... It seems she's starting to question herself.

But I thought all the stuff NL said "is possible", was supposed to have already happened!! :x :x According to her, 6 months ago, that interview would have been impossible because there would have been no interviewer, no audience, nada, right??? Not after pole shifts, continent shifting, rotation stoppage, etc.

The very fact the interview happened proves she was, and is, wrong!!! ](*,)

WolfKC
2003-Oct-16, 10:16 PM
numerous times over the course of the interview she said "anything is possible" ... It seems she's starting to question herself.

But I thought all the stuff NL said "is possible", was supposed to have already happened!! :x :x According to her, 6 months ago, that interview would have been impossible because there would have been no interviewer, no audience, nada, right??? Not after pole shifts, continent shifting, rotation stoppage, etc.

The very fact the interview happened proves she was, and is, wrong!!! ](*,)
Oh but that was 4th density 6 months ago and you are operating in the lowly 3rd density. And only the Zetas can convert between the two. #-o :roll: :lol:

Aldebaran135
2003-Oct-17, 06:08 PM
That guy ZOD has made the audio download available. In case you missed it, here ya go.

http://www.darkinsight.com/darkinsight.com.audio/Nancylougentil_151003.mp3

tmosher
2003-Oct-18, 06:09 AM
Will the torture never end? She's going to be on Lou Gentile again on November 10th. The subject? "Survival" - yeah, how to survive listening to her babble on for god only knows how many hours.

I don't know what's worse...listening to her or a root canal. At least with a root canal, it's over after a while and you get some good drugs.

Now could someone explain to me what the stupid little diagram on the bottom of this page is supposed to represent? The images above it are plain to me - lens flares and other optical defects.

http://www.zetatalk.com/index/lou1014.htm

digitalspector
2003-Oct-18, 06:48 AM
tmosh...

i 'assume' the diagram is to show how the blackdot is PX...

since the 'lamp' is now between the "earth observer" and the 'chair/sun'..it blackens out the middle of the sun.

Since all of the sun rays would hit the back of PX...it would be like a solar eclipse.

Guess....light overexposure of the camera equipment doesn't factor into her diagram.

Would love to try to LSD she's using.....

Sammy
2003-Oct-18, 05:32 PM
T Mosher wrote

Now could someone explain to me what the stupid little diagram on the bottom of this page is supposed to represent? The images above it are plain to me - lens flares and other optical defects.

I think it's supposed to illustrate how the PX personas move as PX gets closer to the Earth. Or, Nancy is trying to decide how to re-arrange her furniture. I'd put the lamp behind the chair......

Earthbound
2003-Oct-18, 09:08 PM
T Mosher wrote

I think it's supposed to illustrate how the PX personas move as PX gets closer to the Earth. Or, Nancy is trying to decide how to re-arrange her furniture. I'd put the lamp behind the chair......

Its got that "evil eye" thing going for it. Just more Zetan insanity. They should really check her implant. I think it must be shorting out. :wink:

Kebsis
2003-Oct-24, 11:50 PM
Lol, at one point she was rambling on so severly, about Galeleo and Jupiter, that she just stopped for a second and then said, '...oh, I forgot what I was going to say...' #-o

tmosher
2003-Oct-25, 03:17 AM
Would love to try to LSD she's using.....

Try mushrooms.

Tom

crux
2003-Oct-25, 07:41 PM
why does everyone ignore the Dan Burisch questions and the run around answers that were given? .. or the transcripts of that portion of the interview that were not available for three days?

Musashi
2003-Oct-25, 08:13 PM
care to enlighten us?

Papermache Prince
2003-Oct-26, 01:12 AM
Here's what I could find. Maybe crux refers to another Dr. Dan Burisch. Dr. B is the co-author of Eagles Disobey: The Case for Inca City, Mars -- Todd Andrews (http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates/1998/mar/m19-016.shtml) said this in 1998 (before dis-info agents kidnapped him, I suppose).
Not only are great, and ground-breaking theories, and ideas brought up in this book, many of them follow along with the current scientific findings of Richard Hoagland, who is the main proponent of the Cydonia region of Mars. More commonly referred to the "Face on Mars" Well, this book has a new face, two actually. Monolithic drawings, etchings, and monuments, ON MARS. They have been there the whole time, but nobody bothered took the time to look. Dr. Dan Burisch did, and this is his story, and his findings in excessive detail. Combined with the writings by B.J. Wolf, it is by far the BEST read I have ever had the opportunity to experience!
By favorite line from this page of hysteria is this one:
I have publicized, marketed, and pushed this book for months now, but had yet to read it.It would seem that things have not gone well for Dr. Dan, if this page (http://www.rense.com/general42/mssy.htm) of Bill Hamilton quoting the Eagles Disobey co author, B.J. Wolf, can be believed
Toward the end of 1998 Dan disappeared. His residence was abandoned overnight, and nobody seemed to know where he had been taken. He turned up half way across the country, with most of his memories concerning his association with me and our work on Eagles Disobey altered or erased. I tried my best to remind him of his past, but he did not believe me until I showed him a copy of the book and photographs of himself sitting on my couch playing with the dogs. He returned to his new location, but memories started to break through the conditioning to such an extent that Dan fled and was eventually recaptured and whisked off to a military base for re-conditioning. When they realized that they couldn't keep it up with out damaging his ability to think and function (remember, they wanted him to continue to work for them in his capacity as team leader and microbiologist) they decided to re-wind his memories and return him to Las Vegas under the careful observation of his spouse, who relays all communication up the pipeline, and signs much of her correspondence with her title/designation PsiOpSec.Not the most competent of PsiOpSecs if she signs letters with her title, is she?

Sammy
2003-Oct-26, 02:45 AM
The Burisch crap pops up on the GLP cess-pool quite often, with all the woo woos speculating on how the PTB are covering up his "discoveries."

crux
2003-Oct-26, 04:34 AM
The Burisch crap pops up on the GLP cess-pool quite often, with all the woo woos speculating on how the PTB are covering up his "discoveries." There seems to be some bad blood here.

...it is more like erasing all evidence of his existence... You will not find the pertinent info on google any longer... only the Mars/Inca city book information is allowed to remain

I am referring the same Dr. Dan Burisch, a microbiologist who worked at S-4 and on a project called the Lotus Protocol, Project Aquarius and others.

a link to some rescued info to wade through:
http://scorpius.spaceports.com/~bemused/index12.html

Lots of science to check out too... you will either love it or at least have fun with it.

Sammy
2003-Oct-26, 07:08 AM
Crux wrote

There seems to be some bad blood here.

No bad blood, just a disinclination to bathe in sewage.

crux
2003-Oct-27, 08:14 PM
call it what you will, it amounts to the same thing.

By the way, I noticed that you are from the Metropolitan DC area. I was born there and have spent most of my life in DC until just recently. We could have been neighbors.

Where is your favorite place to spend a lovely fall Saturday? I do miss Eastern Market... maybe you prefer the Washington Canoe club? - I hear that the flood damage was quite bad though, that is really sad.

Sammy
2003-Oct-27, 10:09 PM
call it what you will, it amounts to the same thing.

By the way, I noticed that you are from the Metropolitan DC area. I was born there and have spent most of my life in DC until just recently. We could have been neighbors.

Where is your favorite place to spend a lovely fall Saturday? I do miss Eastern Market... maybe you prefer the Washington Canoe club? - I hear that the flood damage was quite bad though, that is really sad. (emphasis added)

No sir, it is not. TheGLP thread about Burisch is paranoid psychotic raving. I can not take seriously references to "MJ12," and allegations that the U.S. government is deleting material from the internet, kidnapping and "reprogramming" a dissident, and on and on.

On a happier note, DC usually has beautiful Falls easons, but this year had been cool and wet. In general, a very poor foliage display. My favorites Fall spots to visit are Rock Creek Park, Skyline Drive in VA., and up in PA/WV.

crux
2003-Oct-27, 11:39 PM
Sammy,
Sorry to hear about the poor Autumn showing.

Have you actually checked into any of the documents - besides the excerpts posted on the thread?

Someone in the DOD or a like organization certainly has a problem with it being out in the public. This is why I no longer live in Washington DC - it was my home for more than 40 years. Did I want to learn about the Burisch information? -no, I could have cared less... but when my freedoms as an American citizen are infringed upon and local law enforcement can do nothing about it, it gets me very very angry.

As to the MJ12 documents - you are starting to sound like the Zetatalk web site... they also declare all the documents to be false. I prefer to suspend disbelief and "follow the money"... why would the US government spend so much money keeping a simple graphic designer under surveillance for over a year? As another tax payer I would be outraged.

Musashi
2003-Oct-28, 12:25 AM
Sometimes even the Zetas get it right - MJ12 is false.

crux
2003-Oct-28, 01:15 AM
Musashi,

Cool - that is a huge relief to know. (re: MJ12 - not Zatas' being correct)

is this inside info and can I quote you?

Musashi
2003-Oct-28, 01:49 AM
Not inside info, but the NJ12 stuff has been completely debunked for a while I guess. You can quote me if you really want though.

LTC8K6
2003-Oct-28, 02:54 AM
This type of conspiracy junk plus Burisch's rather odd rambling will only cause me to further ignore the topic. I am also firmly convinced that MJ12 is a hoax. In fact, I think it's pretty obvious.

http://www.angelfire.com/pe/peter7/project_otus/DanB.html

LTC8K6
2003-Oct-28, 03:07 AM
Possible reason for the Ganesh particles search term at CalTech.

http://etd.caltech.edu/etd/available/etd-07042002-114141/

crux
2003-Oct-28, 03:16 AM
I am also firmly convinced that MJ12 is a hoax. In fact, I think it's pretty obvious.

I would love to know how you have come to that conclusion...

Just caught the Ganesh link - am downloading it now - thanks again

LTC8K6
2003-Oct-28, 03:36 AM
That MJ12 is fake is well documented. Any google search will turn up large amounts of info.

The woo-woos made a big deal about a search for "Ganesh particles" at a CalTech library. Even stating that CalTech had acknowledged some of Dan B's garbage. I just provided a much more mundane reason for such a search. (A guy named Ganesh and a paper about particle behavior.)

crux
2003-Oct-28, 03:54 AM
i know, I understood your implication.... but I am enjoying checking out all the thesis (s?) in the on-line library. so thank you again.

Sammy
2003-Oct-28, 04:03 AM
Crux wrote

As to the MJ12 documents - you are starting to sound like the Zetatalk web site... they also declare all the documents to be false. I prefer to suspend disbelief and "follow the money"... why would the US government spend so much money keeping a simple graphic designer under surveillance for over a year? As another tax payer I would be outraged

Well, it's the 1st thing on ZetaTalk I can accept. Except that since M J12 doesn't exist, there aren't any MJ12 documents. I have looked at this stuff off and on for a long time. There is not a scintilla of evidence that the government has spent a cent, or a second of its time, watching this guy or supressing his work or anything about it. As noted earlier, it's all over the web. I think the various administrations which would be involved in this conspiracy have had far more serious issues with which to deal.

crux
2003-Oct-28, 04:11 AM
I think the various administrations which would be involved in this conspiracy have had far more serious issues with which to deal.

So I would have thought also. I cannot tell you how much I wish you were right about this.

crux
2003-Oct-28, 04:24 AM
I think the various administrations which would be involved in this conspiracy have had far more serious issues with which to deal.

So I would have thought also. I cannot tell you how much I wish you were right about this.

Kebsis
2003-Oct-28, 04:29 AM
Can you put into words why it is that you still aren't convinced it's all bunk, regardless of whats been presented in this thread? Is it some kind of 'conspiracy' thing?

crux
2003-Oct-28, 04:52 AM
regardless of whats been presented in this thread? Is it some kind of 'conspiracy' thing?

Please tell me "what" has been presented other than opinion... I would love to understand why this is all bunk and Mj12 does not exist and to believe that the government is not interested in wasting their time or money to cover it up and intimidate people.

I will PM you with an account that has brought me to ask these questions and seek these answers if you are interested. I understand that there really is no reason for you to believe what I have to say, but hopefully you can see from my posts that I have nothing to gain. I am still hoping for an alternate rational understanding to my situation.

LTC8K6
2003-Oct-28, 05:17 AM
http://members.aol.com/TPrinty/mj12.html

Just one of many that come up.

crux
2003-Oct-28, 05:44 AM
thank you for the link.
In reading it I came up with many questions. Here are a few:

Who is By Timothy Printy - and what are his credentials? He seems to ignore the following things - which leads me to question his statements re MJ12.

There is the Disclosure Project, hundreds of government employee witnesses that have testified to the existence and cover-up of UFO's

and the existence of JENAP-146 and AFR-200 - created in the 1950's, secrecy regulations which effectively silenced military personnel and commercial airline pilots about UFO sightings (real stuff here! see links below)

http://www.narcap.org/REPORTS/TR5.htm

http://www1.faa.gov/atpubs/FSS/fss0605.html

vpn
2003-Oct-28, 08:44 AM
There is the Disclosure Project, hundreds of government employee witnesses that have testified to the existence and cover-up of UFO's

Crux, how much do you know about the “Disclosure Project”? Who are those “hundreds of government employee”? Steven Greer, the leader of Disclosure Project was very nicely characterized as the “champion of overstatement”. If you look on his witness list you will find some very strange names. One of the names is Eisenhower (yes, the president of US). Another strange name is the former astronaut Edgar Mitchell, who stated in an interview that “I cooperated with Steve Greer some years ago, but he began to overreach his data continuously, necessitating a withdrawal by myself, and, I believe, several others. I have requested to be removed from any web site, announcements, etc., but see that has not taken place”. In other cases even the UFO community agrees that the witnesses are not credible (we can debate about witnesses name by name if you want but this is not the place to do this).

Steven Greer is not only the leader of the Disclosure Project, he is also a sort of “Lieder” for this project. In some of his statements he is presenting himself as a sort of “contactee”. The most famous one is the “Mount Blanca Gas Attack”. You can read about it here: http://www.ufomind.com/misc/1998/mar/d20-001.shtml I cannot resist to summarize the incident here: covert forces have attacked with a deadly Sarin-like nerve gas the ET spaceport under Mount Blanca. (I am laughing every time I read about this incident)

Another very credible activity of Steven Greer is SEAS POWER (www.seaspower.com). If you really want to laugh, read the transcription of this interview: http://www.seaspower.com/transcriptcoasttocoastJan312003.htm
Steven Greer is announcing a promising new energy device, capable of producing free energy for everybody. This was happening in January 2003. In April 2003 this famous device was lost because “previously undisclosed business interests of the inventor have surfaced and have stopped the acquisition process”. But Steven Greer is optimistic and in the pursuit of other free energy devices.

Archer17
2003-Oct-28, 01:14 PM
..Please tell me "what" has been presented other than opinion... I would love to understand why this is all bunk and Mj12 does not exist and to believe that the government is not interested in wasting their time or money to cover it up and intimidate people.Other than opinion and innuendos that you have personal knowledge of some kind of government hanky-panky, what are you bringing to this table? As other members have stated and linked to, the MJ12 myth has been thoroughly debunked and even most UFO/government conspiracy advocates don't believe it any longer. It's not a coincidence that Steven Greer's 'Disclosure Project' hasn't gotten off the ground. I remember the hype leading up to it. It seems you cite one of the few UFO believers that still shovel that MJ12 nonsense. LTC8K6 provided a link that addresses the MJ12 sham rather thoroughly and I'll add another one here (http://www.csicop.org/si/2000-05/majestic-12.html) that illustrates the inconsistencies that makes any belief of this hocus wishful thinking. This isn't "opinions" crux, the forgery is obvious and is the major reason why even most hard-core woowoos distant themselves from it.

I will PM you with an account that has brought me to ask these questions and seek these answers if you are interested. I understand that there really is no reason for you to believe what I have to say, but hopefully you can see from my posts that I have nothing to gain. I am still hoping for an alternate rational understanding to my situation.Maybe it's just me but .. when you steer a thread in a certain direction, state you have something in which to back up your stance in this thread, and then relegate it to a series of PMs, it ain't cool. Why bring up all this stuff up on a public BB then? Why make allusions of gov't conspiracies in the first place if you're that afraid?

LTC8K6
2003-Oct-28, 01:21 PM
The disclosure project is an even bigger joke than MJ12, imo.

I have no idea who Tim Printy is, and it doesn't matter who he is. His work makes sense to me, and there are plenty of others who agree with him.

How do you get ETUFO/SECRET GOV'T DOCUMENT credentials? No one has any credentials on these matters, imo. I just go with what makes sense.

They are so concerned about secrecy, and so powerful, yet they let Bob Lazar run around loose, let classified documents float around willy-nilly, and let lots of their secrets loose on the net.

I served in the U.S. Army, and I am not buying it.

A couple more UFO tid bits:

I can't read anything in that memo Ramey is holding.

Col. Halt clearly says on the audio tape that the beta window is open on the radiac meter, thus nullifying the famous Rendlesham radiation readings.

LTC8K6
2003-Oct-28, 01:28 PM
The government has legitimate reasons for secrecy in many areas. That doesn't necessarily mean they are hiding what you think they are hiding.

They didn't want pilots leaking info about unnnounced military aircraft that they might see. Probably also want them to report any odd behaving aircraft as well.

You can spin it to say it's about ETUFO's if you want, though.

crux
2003-Oct-28, 03:51 PM
Maybe it's just me but .. when you steer a thread in a certain direction, state you have something in which to back up your stance in this thread, and then relegate it to a series of PMs, it ain't cool. Why bring up all this stuff up on a public BB then? Why make allusions of gov't conspiracies in the first place if you're that afraid?

Archer17: The PM offer is to you too. What is wrong with a PM?-

well, as I mentioned - I do not expect anyone to believe me... based upon my personal testimony, just as I try to question the info I recieve. I thought I would send it to those who asked... (I am not really afraid -maybe a little - but would prefer to be contacted in such a way as to know why we are being targeted and what would make them go away) - and i know that all electronic communication on the internet is monitored. If I send it in a PM - at least there is some sense that the info will not be cut and pasted all over the internet. Once you post on a bb - i think you give up that right... but if you send something to an individual, you retain some rights to what you have written.

I will read the Greer links- I listened to the testimonies a couple of years ago. I do not know much about Greer himself.

I thought I would just say that I came to this board to get some feedback and learn something and it is slowly happening. I am following links and weighing what I read. My thought is that there may be more scientific people on this board who might be able explain rather than dismiss out of hand some of the Burisch info...

I am also hoping to learn a bit about very basic astronomy - watching the stars I see in the night sky etc... This is a rather tough crowd and I do not relish being eaten alive by sharks - so I have not posted on threads where I have had nothing to add to, just reading and learning from them,

Doodler
2003-Oct-28, 04:47 PM
Sammy wrote:

On a happier note, DC usually has beautiful Falls easons, but this year had been cool and wet. In general, a very poor foliage display. My favorites Fall spots to visit are Rock Creek Park, Skyline Drive in VA., and up in PA/WV.

Heck, just get me out on the side roads south and east of Frederick and that's enough for me.

Kebsis
2003-Oct-28, 04:53 PM
Compared to other boards I visit, these guys are pretty grounded and considerate, unless you start to insist that rediculous arguements are credible when you have no evidence to support yourself. But please feel free to PM me whatever information you think I should see.

Sammy
2003-Oct-28, 05:07 PM
Crux wrote

and i know that all electronic communication on the internet is monitored.

You seem to be well intentioned, and honestly concerned about this issue, and I think the other folks posting to this thread, though disagreeing with you, share that view of you. BUT, I don't think anyone here can let that statement go by, or understand how you could possibly hold that position.

How could that possible be true? Even if the government WANTED to do it, it is absolutely and unequivocally IMPOSSIBLE. Have you considered how much traffic flows on the net at any given moment? There aren't enough people in the country to keep track of what the other folks are doing. Even with sophisticated automated screening, it's just not possible!

Musashi
2003-Oct-28, 05:13 PM
I'll take a PM too.

crux
2003-Oct-28, 05:17 PM
sammy - you are correct.

I should have said that I have come to assume that all my electronic communication is being monitored or at least part of it "spot checked" from time to time - not knowing when - I must assume that all is.

i stand corrected.

Archer17
2003-Oct-28, 06:05 PM
..Archer17: The PM offer is to you too. What is wrong with a PM?- Since you asked, I don't believe in these kind of sinister government conspiracies and have no wish to dignify the concept. I think you could address your concerns in the open without revealing this "account" of yours specifically, and if not, what's the sense of posting anything at all?
..I thought I would just say that I came to this board to get some feedback and learn something and it is slowly happening. I am following links and weighing what I read. My thought is that there may be more scientific people on this board who might be able explain rather than dismiss out of hand some of the Burisch info... I can explain the Burisch tale. It's a myth. It's right up there with all those stories of a sinister covert government program that supposedly interacts with aliens and suppresses the truth. Ever hear about Dulce? This reminds me of that. One of the things that strike me as funny regarding Greer, Burisch, Lazar, etc is their reliance on places like Area 51 where there is a government clamp-down on information, but not the kind spouted by UFO cultists. This provides any author of these types of tall tales two things: examples of this government hiding something (Area 51 is/was a black-project testing ground and the government does keep what goes on there a secret for that reason) and secondly, it makes it virtual impossible to prove the author is a liar. Burisch, among other things, also mentions "evidence" of Martian ruins. This is a very popular myth among some woowoos like Greer and Hoagland. I like they way these Martian-ruin spin-doctors use NASA to weave their tale. NASA is good enough, it seems, when a '76 photo shows the Face on Mars but, when later followup pics are produced by the same agency that shows this to be an optical illusion, we hear about a coverup. I'm not going to brow-beat you to believe anything, I encourage you to continue doing your own research but hope you examine both sides of the issue before coming to a conclusion.
I am also hoping to learn a bit about very basic astronomy - watching the stars I see in the night sky etc... This is a rather tough crowd and I do not relish being eaten alive by sharks - so I have not posted on threads where I have had nothing to add to, just reading and learning from them,This is the right place to learn about basic astronomy and I feel that if you do end up posting in the other fora you'll find the crowd is not as tough as you imagine. I've never seen anyone eaten alive by asking an honest question.

nanojath
2003-Oct-28, 06:31 PM
To crux - being this is an open board who's participants unquestionably trend to skepticism, there will be some that respond in an impolite manner. But I do think there is a higher percentage here who are willing to engage a sincere person in an open and polite discussion.

I do find it unlikely that these discussions will end up being particularly satisfying to any concerned. This is based on past experience. The reality, and I think it should be stated up front, is that the majority of people here are going to assume that crux is somewhere along the line to clinical paranoia.

This might be an unjust assessment but it is not an entirely unreasonable one. When an individual professes a belief in the existence of officially suppressed evidence of an ongoing alien presence on earth, and also states that they believe they are themselves under official surveillance, a mental disorder is simply one of the possible explanations that comes to mind.

I gave up on following up alien presence and cover-up evidence a long time ago, for the simple reason that it never, ever proved the least bit convincing to me. What I saw was inconclusive even taken at face value, of questionable provenance, lacking in collaborating evidence, plagued by a history of demonstrated hoaxes and tainted by an association with nakedly commercial interests. Given that physics as we know it does not support the probability of interstellar travel, and that alternate explanations of UFO sightings, abductions, and government behavior are easy to come by, there came a point when I just said, I won't spend any more time on this.

crux
2003-Oct-28, 06:56 PM
I do find it unlikely that these discussions will end up being particularly satisfying to any concerned. This is based on past experience. The reality, and I think it should be stated up front, is that the majority of people here are going to assume that crux is somewhere along the line to clinical paranoia.

This might be an unjust assessment but it is not an entirely unreasonable one. When an individual professes a belief in the existence of officially suppressed evidence of an ongoing alien presence on earth, and also states that they believe they are themselves under official surveillance, a mental disorder is simply one of the possible explanations that comes to mind.

understood - I am not naive really, and i have come to the same conclusion - i will not post any more to this thread - however if anyone wishes to ask questions I will log in once in awhile to check to see if i have a private message. Feedback and links re the situation and Burisch material iare welcomed. I will try to read up on stars and how to identify what I am seeing in the night sky - i have books but it is still tricky for me.
(can't afford a telescope right now)

sts60
2003-Oct-28, 07:47 PM
crux,

don't worry about a telescope - go out and get a pair of 7x50 binoculars and a decent popular sky atlas. Find a dark space, get comfortable, and introduce yourself to the sky. You'll learn more and faster than if you started right out with a wobbly department-store telescope.

I too doubt the entire Burisch story, even without reading any of the links. It just sounds like the usual paranoia and inconsistencies, and seems on the face of it to rely on flimsy or disproven evidence. It's easy to make up wild stories, and easy to say that anyone against it is close-minded, duped, or a stooge of the all-powerful gummint. So, no, I don't buy it, and it doesn't seem worth my time to read more about it. Sorry. Besides, there's plenty of government conspiracies in broad daylight which people just shrug off, and then vote the same guys back in to office.

And finally - I really like the drive from Germantown out to White's Ferry and the view crossing the Potomac. And getting a bowl of gumbo at the 14th St. fish market and plunking down on the Mall to watch the citizenry and visitors is always satisfying. Simple pleasures.

crux
2003-Nov-02, 04:58 PM
to the "helper"

thank you.

SollyLama
2003-Nov-03, 05:09 PM
I've never heard this Lou Gentile guy. But from reading the transcriptions you guys provide (thank you much) I don't really see him as a credible journalist. He appears to rank up there with Larry King for pandering to wackos. I've read nothing but softballs thrown to Nancy. He lets her run the show and doesn't offer much in the way of critical questions, nor does he pursue her on obviously inaccurate statements.
His show, from what I've seen here, seems to be more of a free platform for Nancy to spew her divel than a serious journalistic endeavor.