PDA

View Full Version : neat little photo

closetgeek
2008-Sep-17, 02:35 PM
I stepped outside for a smoke and there was a little squirrel outside my door. He took off behind the column as soon as he saw me and I thought he ran into the bushes of my neighbors house. I happened to glance up and see his cute little furry face watching me from around the corner. I snapped a quick shot of him and thought I would share. FYI, yes the houses are as close together as they appear in the shot. No we cannot stand it.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x138/brestmilky/Image012.jpg

mahesh
2008-Sep-17, 02:56 PM
Good shot closetgeek!

Is the pillar stippled? That could explain your 'pet's' abilities! Much like the rock/wall climbing enthusiasts, just looking at which, gives me intense vertigo!

do you have any more like this?

thanks for sharing

closetgeek
2008-Sep-17, 03:45 PM
Good shot closetgeek!

Is the pillar stippled? That could explain your 'pet's' abilities! Much like the rock/wall climbing enthusiasts, just looking at which, gives me intense vertigo!

do you have any more like this?

thanks for sharing

In a salute to a recent and very funny thread, I am so tempted to rickroll you but I have no idea how to change the name of a link.
Thank you though, I have more odd nature video than pictures. The only reason why I had a camera today was because my hubby is home from work today and his camera phone was sitting right next to my computer.
If I ever get the necessary equiptment to be able to pull video from my camcorder, there are two pretty interesting video's I would like to share.
One is of the gnarliest spider I have ever seen with my own eyes in my dining room. The other is what appears to be a shark attack on something in the water. I was just down by Sebastian Inlet videotaping my kids playing on the rocks and and an occassional group of dolphins passing, when in the bottom corner of the screen I noticed something disturb the water in a similar fashion to a feeding frenzy, only it was just once. It could have been a dolphin but I rarely see them move at that speed.

Neverfly
2008-Sep-17, 03:47 PM
Food on the wall...:think:

Neverfly
2008-Sep-17, 03:48 PM
Ok, I'm full of it.

I have this horrifyingly bad habit of taming and feeding squirrels...http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/46.gif

closetgeek
2008-Sep-17, 03:51 PM
Food on the wall...:think:

The food on the walls are generally inside the house, where my kids eat. Fruity pebbles can remove paint, I might add.

chrissy
2008-Sep-17, 07:22 PM
must be "secret squirrel" and his amazing suction pads for climbing such a slick wall! :D

Moose
2008-Sep-17, 07:28 PM
Or Rocket J Squirrel, and he's just landed.

SeanF
2008-Sep-18, 01:09 PM
...what is kept on that table right, I thought that was a laptop's holding box !!
That's a grill, used for cooking outdoors.

Swift
2008-Sep-18, 01:17 PM
If I stay very, very still, maybe they'll think I'm a ceramic wall decoration. ;)

mahesh
2008-Sep-18, 01:26 PM
ahem....sorry, busy mods/admin,

would you kindly merge these two threads?

thank you

geonuc
2008-Sep-18, 02:22 PM
Or just lock the other one.

Abbadon_2008
2008-Sep-18, 04:44 PM
You're all wrong.

That squirrel was bitten by a radioactive spider, altering its physiology at the genetic level. It now has super-rodent powers, including enhanced speed, strength, and reflexes, the ability to climb any surface, and an uncanny 'squirrel sense' to detect danger -- or nuts, if it's hungry.

closetgeek
2008-Sep-18, 08:22 PM
What is up with their being two of the same thread?

SeanF
2008-Sep-18, 09:15 PM
It's a side effect of radioactive-spider-squirrelishnessism.

HenrikOlsen
2008-Sep-18, 10:10 PM
Threads merged

chrissy
2008-Sep-18, 10:36 PM
maybe the squirrel is hoping it is a chameleon and blend into the post, thus thinking you can't see it or take a picture either!

mahesh
2008-Sep-18, 11:46 PM
Thanks Henrik!

closetgeek, absolutely nothing wrong with there being two identical threads. if you so wish.
sorry, didn't mean to pre-empt / control, how your threads should be.....
it was presumptuous of me to think that you had posted twice in error. sorry!

closetgeek
2008-Sep-19, 12:30 AM
I need that much attention that i posted it twice. lol. It was an accident. just wondering how I did it

NEOWatcher
2008-Sep-19, 12:57 PM
Aren't these threads ours? :lol:

closetgeek
2008-Sep-19, 10:01 PM
Aren't these threads ours? :lol:

No, it's all mine and I graced you with permission to view it.

Jay200MPH
2008-Sep-20, 09:43 AM
Possibly related to this friendly little guy I found in my hotel room the other day?

http://www.bautforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8697&stc=1&d=1221903889

- J

mahesh
2008-Sep-20, 10:35 AM
Possibly related to this friendly little guy I found in my hotel room the other day?

http://www.bautforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8697&stc=1&d=1221903889

- J
Salamat pagi, Jay!
Salamat pagi Duniya!

now why does it remind me of the Jerry Lewis film, the name of which escapes me now, where he is walking up the wall and i seem to recall, the ceiling as well....gee, a long time ago, i saw it, as a child...

no, it isn't Road to Bali, :D

enjoy your vacation...

HenrikOlsen
2008-Sep-20, 10:09 PM
Flubber?

mike alexander
2008-Sep-20, 10:46 PM
Flubber was Fred MacMurray. Maybe Fred Astaire in 'Royal Wedding'?

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1649/wallwalkcw4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ABR.
2008-Sep-20, 11:16 PM
Shouldn't Fred have a vacuum cleaner in that shot?

mahesh
2008-Sep-21, 08:30 PM
Henrik, Mike, thanks for your input.

i did some googling on Jerry Lewis...came up with nothing...so far...
makes me wonder if it was Jerry Lewis, after all. was a rather looong time ago....

i'll keep at it, if i find it, will let you know.

thanks again.

HenrikOlsen
2008-Sep-21, 10:35 PM
Flubber was Fred MacMurray.
You're right, I confused The Absentminded Professor with The Nutty Professor.