PDA

View Full Version : A CT observation

Swift
2008-Sep-18, 08:34 PM
I didn't think this worthy of a serious discussion, so I stuck it in Babbling. If a mod feels otherwise, please move.

Anyway, I've noticed over the last several weeks in the Conspiracy Theory forum, the complete disappearance of Moon Landing Hoax discussions. It seems to coincide with the Mythbusters program on this topic. Could it be that the Mythbusters have finally silenced it, or at least turned the volume way-way down?

Fazor
2008-Sep-18, 08:36 PM
I doubt it, but we can sure hope.

Moose
2008-Sep-18, 08:36 PM
Could it be that the Mythbusters have finally silenced it, or at least turned the volume way-way down?

We can hope. *crosses fingers*

pzkpfw
2008-Sep-18, 08:43 PM
Reminds me of something I thought once while at GLP.

There was someone posting the not uncommon "the Sun is in the wrong place!!!!" thread.

I wondered if a statistical study could be made of thread titles.

We might see patterns like: Sun-in-wrong-place more often occurs at start of summer.

Or maybe CT "popularity" would go in waves back and forth between Moon-landing, 2012, etc. back and forth. Maybe there'd be a pattern to be found.

Perhaps the % of population who believe in CT's stays the same, but the CT just changes - because they "need" something. e.g. maybe the % who were vocal on the JFK CT is the same % who are vocal on the [forbidden topic] CT.

...dunno. Maybe interesting statistics available.

PeteG
2008-Sep-19, 12:04 AM
With that in mind, I don't think I will dare to open the CT forum in December 2011. :lol:

2008-Sep-19, 12:20 AM
The Hoax Believers were probably irresistably drawn, en masse, to descend upon the Mythbusters forum to scream and fling feces.

They'll be back.

Tinaa
2008-Sep-19, 01:56 AM
I didn't think this worthy of a serious discussion, so I stuck it in Babbling. If a mod feels otherwise, please move.

Anyway, I've noticed over the last several weeks in the Conspiracy Theory forum, the complete disappearance of Moon Landing Hoax discussions. It seems to coincide with the Mythbusters program on this topic. Could it be that the Mythbusters have finally silenced it, or at least turned the volume way-way down?

They are off licking their wounds. Don't get too excited...they will be back. With a vengeance.

Swift
2008-Sep-19, 11:57 AM
They are off licking their wounds. Don't get too excited...they will be back. With a vengeance.
Actually, that would be fine by me. I tired of the UFOers. ;)
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/aliens/spacecraft.gif

KaiYeves
2008-Sep-19, 09:30 PM
Hope is my natural state!

Argos
2008-Sep-20, 02:45 PM
Maybe the LHC woowooism has overwhelmed it.

JustAFriend
2008-Sep-20, 02:57 PM
Dont worry, they have short attention spans.

Give them a month or so and they'll have to be reminded of the show regularly....