PDA

View Full Version : I'd rather be BABB'ing than ...

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-20, 01:41 AM
be at work today.

I had a bad morning at work today, 3 of my 7 people scheduled to work today called in sick. All I could think was that I would have had much more fun if I had been at home able to go on the BABB.

So, what would your rather not be doing in favor of being on here.

I added the poll just to see if anyone else is as addicted to this board as I am.

The Supreme Canuck
2003-Oct-20, 02:02 AM
Yep. Number 1. Oh well. It's better than wasting my time... :)

I'd rather be here than at school. Ugh. So... slow... need... better... curriculum...

Humphrey
2003-Oct-20, 02:14 AM
...than doing homework
...than eating mexican food "(yuk!)
...than hanging out with my sisters friends
...than taking public transportation
...than being stuck in traffic

freddo
2003-Oct-20, 02:16 AM
People log out?

Humphrey
2003-Oct-20, 02:19 AM
We need a option for 10 or more times a day. :-P

NASA: you would love this thread (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4127)
We had alot of fun making it. :-)

Dragonlor
2003-Oct-20, 02:46 AM
Two or more times a day here...I have no life. :)

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-20, 03:01 AM

NASA: you would love this thread (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4127)
We had alot of fun making it. :-)

Sorry, I did not realice that you/anyone were that addicted. :D

tuffel999
2003-Oct-20, 03:45 AM
People log out?

I don't. I just stay logged in when I am near the computer. Don't read or anything I am just logged in because I am in the lab.

freddo
2003-Oct-20, 06:30 AM
People log out?

I don't. I just stay logged in when I am near the computer. Don't read or anything I am just logged in because I am in the lab.

That's my point.. I was not aware of any other way to go about things... The only time I am off is when I'm not on the internet. Simple really.

Kaptain K
2003-Oct-20, 10:05 AM
..than eating mexican food "(yuk!)
If your only encounters with Mexican food have been "chain" restaurants or in restaurants far from the source, I can understand. I felt that way too, until I moved to Texas and tried the real thing.

Normandy6644
2003-Oct-20, 02:49 PM
Did anyone think that maybe the poll is tilted because the people who don't log on very often aren't here to vote?

BTW, two or more times a day for me :lol:

SpaceTrekkie
2003-Oct-20, 03:58 PM
People log out?

I almsot never close the browser window with the BABB....only when play comp. games because my computer is evil and cant even spare the memory for a browser window..but other than that i always have it open!

R.A.F.
2003-Oct-20, 04:25 PM

Just what I was thinking, though I tend not to log on unless I'm actually posting.

Glom
2003-Oct-20, 06:13 PM
BABB isn't a bad use of a life. You learn lots of cool things about space and stuff. You meet people from around the world (I regularly talk with Colt on MSNM although the time zone difference does tend to make the conversations short. Just as he logs on, I'm getting ready for bed. There are a couple of others as well.). You discuss all sorts of things with people of similar interests. You get help with your homework. You learn lots of cool acronyms that confuse other people when you use them in everyday conversation. And we have a good laugh at astrology suckers like those Grand Concordance people or whatever.

mike alexander
2003-Oct-20, 07:02 PM
...being gnawed by hungry weasels.

This allows me to use two favorite words: gnaw and weasel

NASA Fan
2003-Oct-21, 03:13 AM
..than eating mexican food "(yuk!)
If your only encounters with Mexican food have been "chain" restaurants or in restaurants far from the source, I can understand. I felt that way too, until I moved to Texas and tried the real thing.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

The Bad Texan in me does not know where in Texas Elgin is. I am told that here in Houston we get Tex-Mex which I enjoy, rather than "real" Mexican. Do you get "real" Mexican food in Elgin, or is it also the Tex-Mex varity?

From what I understand we here in Texas like our food HOT compared to other places. A friend went to Oregon and reported that their idea of Mexican food was very different than ours, and that their hot food was equivilant of our mild food.

mike alexander
2003-Oct-21, 04:38 AM
Re;Oregon. Probably true. We prefer to make leather out of other animals instead of our own mouths.
:wink:

But you can get Thai food here that will melt the plate.