PDA

View Full Version : Personality types - Whooooo are you? (doot-doo, doot-doo)

DyerWolf
2008-Sep-29, 08:03 PM
So, I'm in the middle of a career change and decided to take KTS-II (effectively the MBTI) as part of my "what's the right job for me" self-analysis. I remember taking this as a high-school student, and was surprised to see that my results 20+ years later were pretty much the same as they were back then.

Anyway, the test got me to wondering what personality types other members here have.

So post'em peeps!

If you haven't taken the test recently, you can here... (http://www.keirsey.com/sorter/register.aspx)

BTW - I'm an ENTP (with ESTP tendencies) as if you couldn't guess...:lol:

ENTP personalities are idea people with a wide range of capabilities and interests. Able to grasp difficult concepts and theories, ENTPs are logical thinkers and creative problem solvers. They are natural leaders capable of inspiring others to buy ideas and often choose careers which allow them the personal freedom to use their creativity to generate new ideas and solve problems in a casual environment where rules and restrictions are kept to a minimum. ENTPs make up approximately 5% of the general population. ...

The ESTP personality is an outgoing, enthusiastic "doer" who lives in a world of action. ESTPs have excellent people skills and the ability to quickly size up a situation and act accordingly. They have a special ability to react quickly in an emergency or crisis situation. ESTPs tend to choose careers which allow a lot of interaction with people in a fast-paced environment, and do not require performing a lot of routine, detailed tasks. ESTPs are excellent sales persons. ESTPs represent about 13% of the general population. ...

eric_marsh
2008-Sep-29, 08:44 PM
Your Keirsey Temperament Sorter Results indicates that your personality type is that of the

Artisans are the temperament with a natural ability to excel in any of the arts, not only the fine arts such as painting and sculpting, or the performing arts such as music, theater, and dance, but also the athletic, military, political, mechanical, and industrial arts, as well as the "art of the deal" in business.

Artisans are most at home in the real world of solid objects that can be made and manipulated, and of real-life events that can be experienced in the here and now. Artisans have exceptionally keen senses, and love working with their hands. They seem right at home with tools, instruments, and vehicles of all kinds, and their actions are usually aimed at getting them where they want to go, and as quickly as possible. Thus Artisans will strike off boldly down roads that others might consider risky or impossible, doing whatever it takes, rules or no rules, to accomplish their goals. This devil-may-care attitude also gives the Artisans a winning way with people, and they are often irresistibly charming with family, friends, and co-workers.

Artisans want to be where the action is; they seek out adventure and show a constant hunger for pleasure and stimulation. They believe that variety is the spice of life, and that doing things that aren't fun or exciting is a waste of time. Artisans are impulsive, adaptable, competitive, and believe the next throw of the dice will be the lucky one. They can also be generous to a fault, always ready to share with their friends from the bounty of life. Above all, Artisans need to be free to do what they wish, when they wish. They resist being tied or bound or confined or obligated; they would rather not wait, or save, or store, or live for tomorrow. In the Artisan view, today must be enjoyed, for tomorrow may never come.

There are many Artisans, perhaps 30 to 35 percent of the population, which is good, because they create much of the beauty, grace, fun, and excitement the rest of us enjoy in life.

Artisans at Work
Artisans seek to make an impact upon the organizations where they work and upon society at large. Their alertness to current realities, the joy they take in variation, and their tendency to follow their instincts to 'what works' make them good troubleshooters and negotiators, talented performers and craftspeople and excellent leaders in all kinds of emergencies and chaotic situations.

In the workworld, it is often the "mechanics" of things draws your interest and attention. You have an uncanny ability to manipulate the world of objects around you, especially with your hands and body. Your master of the tools of your trade allows you to do things other people find risky or difficult. Although you appreciate a sense of order, you have little tolerance for routine. Artisans like you tend to break out of the arbitrary confines of some workplaces impulsively.

Fazor
2008-Sep-29, 08:51 PM
Well, I wasn't going to pay for any of the other reports, but according to the free one, I'm a "Rational".

Rationals are the problem solving temperament, particularly if the problem has to do with the many complex systems that make up the world around us. ... But whatever systems fire their curiosity, Rationals will analyze them to understand how they work, so they can figure out how to make them work better.

And

In working with problems, Rationals try to find solutions that have application in the real world, but they are even more interested in the abstract concepts involved, the fundamental principles or natural laws that underlie the particular case.

There's much more to the description, but I don't want copywrite problems. I'll agree 100% with that assessment though, regardless of if it's a good assessment or just random chance, it certianly fits me.

pzkpfw
2008-Sep-29, 11:26 PM
Did the test; seems they miss-spelled Raving Psychopath.

closetgeek
2008-Sep-30, 12:04 AM
I never knew they can, in such a nice way, describe someone who is whismical and irresponsible. I am an idealist : )

mahesh
2008-Sep-30, 02:50 AM
Well, according to their free mini report, they bunched me with the Guardians!
a major mistake, methinks.....

Thanks Dyerwolf, for the link. Wish you positive, happy eventualities with your self-analysis.

closetgeek
2008-Sep-30, 04:48 PM
I always doubt the accuracy of personality test because all too often people have a hard time deciphering between who they really are and who they want to be.

Fazor
2008-Sep-30, 04:52 PM
I always doubt the accuracy of personality test because all too often people have a hard time deciphering between who they really are and who they want to be.

Yeah, it's easy to "steer" those tests in a dirrection you'd like. And then other times, it's not always clear what they're asking. And many options you're not picking what describes you, but merely what is less completely wrong. :)

Gillianren
2008-Sep-30, 05:00 PM

The tests tend to be geared toward selecting out for that--however, that only really works on the longer ones, not the short, free ones. It's easier to skew those. Further, one administered by a person, not a computer, will include that person's notes, which may be as helpful as the actual test. I say all this based on research--and having taken two days' worth of psychological tests when I was in seventh grade.

Abbadon_2008
2008-Oct-01, 02:55 AM
I'm an Artisan...DUH!

WaxRubiks
2008-Oct-01, 04:12 AM
I got

"you are the sort of person who likes to be told, by a machine, who you are."

farmerjumperdon
2008-Oct-01, 02:59 PM
I've taken these (as well as others) a couple times. A couple past bosses have been big on that kind of thing.

I'm borderline between INTP and INTJ. Recommended careers are scientist/architect type.

The results can be interesting, maybe even valuable; as long as some pinhead boss doesn't "slot" you based on the results.

The better ones are measuring fundamental traits, which don't usually change much over time; and rarely change once you leave your teens. Should be no surprise to get the same or very similar results, as long as the taker is honest.

DyerWolf
2008-Oct-02, 01:12 AM
I never knew they can, in such a nice way, describe someone who is whismical and irresponsible. I am an idealist : )

Yah, but we're great fun at parties! :lol:

(oh... and especially good when the going gets tough - just not so hot at the daily grind:whistle:)

Gemini
2008-Oct-02, 01:55 AM
I'm an ENTJ.

jrkeller
2008-Oct-02, 03:27 AM
I got Artisan.

Even though I'm an engineer, that result doesn't surprise.

closetgeek
2008-Oct-02, 11:50 AM
Yah, but we're great fun at parties! :lol:

(oh... and especially good when the going gets tough - just not so hot at the daily grind:whistle:)

That is so true! Even though, more than likely, the going got tough because we put it off till the last possible second, we are the ones just dreamy enough to pull off the impossible.

Nadme
2008-Oct-02, 01:03 PM
Artisan.

Neverfly
2008-Oct-02, 01:06 PM
Doberman Pinscher.

dhd40
2008-Oct-02, 01:53 PM
Doberman Pinscher.

VOW!!!
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doberman_Pinscher

Doberman Pinschers are, in general, gentle, loyal, loving, and intelligent

It says "in general" At least the last term seems to fit

Iīm a domesticated even-toed ungulate: humble, obedient, ... (to be continued)

BTW: I donīt like this kind of test:

To take the KTS-II and receive your free Custom Temperament Report, please provide the following (my bold)

Neverfly
2008-Oct-02, 01:59 PM
VOW!!!
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doberman_Pinscher

Doberman Pinschers are, in general, gentle, loyal, loving, and intelligent

It says "in general" At least the last term seems to fit

Iīm a domesticated even-toed ungulate: humble, obedient, ... (to be continued)

BTW: I donīt like this kind of test:
(my bold)

DRAT!
I was going for Mean, aggressive, toothy bite and no tail.

Oh well.. I dunno if Doberman is an option on that test. If you had checked my pulse and watched my eyes flirt, you would have known I was full of it;)

Whirlpool
2008-Oct-02, 02:11 PM
Guardians (SJs) share the following core characteristics:

Guardians pride themselves on being dependable, helpful, and hard-working.
Guardians make loyal mates, responsible parents, and stabilizing leaders.

Guardians tend to be dutiful, cautious, humble, and focused on credentials and traditions.

Guardians are concerned citizens who trust authority, join groups, seek security, prize gratitude, and dream of meting out justice.

Gillianren
2008-Oct-02, 04:04 PM
That's why I didn't take it, Dhd40.