PDA

View Full Version : nice work

damienpaul
2008-Oct-10, 01:00 PM
I joined Universe Today back sometime in 2005-ish (can't remember) - it was great then, now it is amazing! I really do not expect this post to even be read, let alone responded to, but it is some feedback I would like to share (Mods: if inappropriate, please accept my apologies and delete).

back then, I was a bit messed up and more than likely earned the ire of the admin and mods here - but I understand and it is all water long since under the bridge (on my side at least, and I hope on both sides).

My interests in Astronomy have waned in favour of the optical physics (CCD photogrammetry and remote sensing mainly) that I am currently studying as the basis of my Masters (and planned for PhD - at the same time as teaching IB Physics).

As such, I am sure there is little to no reason for me to bother folks around here much anymore - as i am sure any thing that I would contribute (mentioned in the previous paragraph) would be of little to no interest to folks here.

On a resoundingly positive note - the combined BAUT forum is thriving with many great discussions across the many and varying astronomy based topics. The hard work of the admin, mods and all the members is to be applauded in the development of this wonderful resource.

Anyway, I have wasted enough of your time with my rambling, so this 'old time' member will sign off but by saying 'Ganbatte' (good luck) and keep up the good work.

Regards

Damien

Neverfly
2008-Oct-10, 02:47 PM
I joined Universe Today back sometime in 2005-ish (can't remember) - it was great then, now it is amazing! I really do not expect this post to even be read, let alone responded to,

Eh...
I just gotta be a rebel...
:D

Swift
2008-Oct-13, 05:08 PM
Hi Damien, long time no see. Good luck with the Masters and PhD. Stop in more often, even if you're not going to be an astronomer - most of us aren't.