PDA

View Full Version : Is There Alien Life on Mars?

mythusmage
2008-Oct-18, 03:51 AM
Well, to be technical about it, we don't know. We're not there, and we have no way of getting there at present. If we were there we could check, and we would be the alien life on Mars. So the question could be answered in the positive, and we would be able to investigate for other forms of alien life.

That said, Mars might have alien life on her; life from Earth. But that depends on if the microbes that traveled to Mars on our un-manned probes survived the journey, then have survived until today under Martian conditions. But for now the question of life alien to Mars on Mars remains unanswerable with our current investigational capabilities. :rolleyes:

novaderrik
2008-Oct-18, 04:03 AM
someone had to build the pyramids and canals.. and the face..

Chuck
2008-Oct-18, 04:54 AM
And then fill in the canals when they found out we could see them with our telescopes.

mythusmage
2008-Oct-18, 09:28 AM
someone had to build the pyramids and canals.. and the face..

But was it alien life, or native Martian life?

Neverfly
2008-Oct-18, 09:29 AM
But was it alien life, or native Martian life?

Alien Martian Life.
Cheap labor.

tdvance
2008-Oct-18, 03:07 PM
I say there is alien life on Mars. Our spacecraft had to take something up, and something could be still alive (a spore, maybe, waiting for the oceans of Mars to come back and awaken it).

mythusmage
2008-Oct-18, 07:25 PM
Alien Martian Life.
Cheap labor.

Back in my day we referred to them as 'Dust Backs". Imagery in language has paled since then.

astromark
2008-Oct-18, 08:55 PM
Lets look at this properly. We are looking for water. We have extensive imaging ability. We have NOT found life. We have not found water. We might have found water ice., but we do not actually know that yet. We might except that given the conditions that life flourishes in here on Earth are not found on Mars. Will we find life forms we would recognize as life? Microbic, bacterial or fungi or even inert. We are able to advance our knowledge by robotic probes, or even soil samples returned to us for further study. Its early days and there is much yet to learn. Making sweeping generalizations is not scientific. I am a supporter of the scientific method. I just wish we could afford more of it. I have much patience but a limited life span.:)

According the lyrics of David Bowie...There is life on mars, might they be arachnids ? mark.

formulaterp
2008-Oct-18, 09:14 PM
Well, to be technical about it, we don't know. We're not there, and we have no way of getting there at present. If we were there we could check, and we would be the alien life on Mars. So the question could be answered in the positive, and we would be able to investigate for other forms of alien life.

That said, Mars might have alien life on her; life from Earth. But that depends on if the microbes that traveled to Mars on our un-manned probes survived the journey, then have survived until today under Martian conditions. But for now the question of life alien to Mars on Mars remains unanswerable with our current investigational capabilities. :rolleyes:

Finally, somebody taking this sub-forum seriously.

Providing both a Question AND an Answer.

neilzero
2008-Oct-19, 12:51 AM
Life is abundent and varried below the surface of Earth, the depth mostly limited by the increasing temperature ten to twenty miles below the surface of Earth. Mars is likely cooler even 100 miles below the surface where rock pressure MAY make life unlikely. The bottom line is: Mars has a larger volume for possible below the surface life, and perhaps a wider range of conditions.
It is also possible that very advanced beings live on Mars, and on Earth. If they wished to avoid detection , they could easily do that with advanced technology, so we may never know for sure. Most of you have seen the documenty movies "Men in Black 1 and 2." Neil

astromark
2008-Oct-19, 01:09 AM
Neil., I was being silly and you are being rediculus... The mole people of mars, Naa!

Yes we might expect to find life subterranean. We might need to do a great deal more work before we know the answer to this.

Documentary movies... oh, please...

Falstaff
2008-Oct-19, 01:30 AM
Yes, they were capitalist exploiters, but were liberated by the USSR. See Aelita: Queen of Mars.