PDA

View Full Version : Apollo 11 UFO Encounter (Read!)

connor240287
2008-Oct-20, 06:34 PM
What do you Guys Make off This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlkV1ybBnHI

Dont say its Fake cos I Have Seen it on TV.

Cos no One can Say its a Reflection off Clouds etc Like we See on Earth.

(AT 0:53 YOU CAN SEE THEM WATCH THE FULL VID)

A statement on a new documentary on the Apollo 11 Moon missions has broken a long silence by United States Astronauts on the reporting of UFOs. The documentary quotes Buzz Aldrin as stating without reservation that the Astronauts saw a UFO that paced them for a time during their journey to the Moon.
This information was kept secret by NASA for all of these years. This is an extremely important revelation for UFO believers, and hopefully a nudge for non-believers. The documentary shows us a short piece of UFO footage taken from "later" NASA missions, but says that the object is similar to what the three Astronauts of Apollo 11 saw.

Aldrin, of course, was not able to discuss the UFO on an open microphone during the mission. During the documentary interview, however, he states:

"There was something out there, close enough to be observed, and what could it be? Now, obviously the three of us weren't going to blurt out, 'Hey, Houston, we've got something moving alongside of us and we don't know what it is, you know?'"

There have been a number of images, both still and moving of the Astronauts on the Moon, and other NASA missions which seem to show UFOs, and as we know Astronaut Gordon Cooper was open about seeing unknowns on numerous occasions.

m1omg
2008-Oct-20, 06:45 PM
Dont say its Fake cos I Have Seen it on TV.

Cos no One can Say its a Reflection off Clouds etc Like we See on Earth.

:lol:

I'm gonna make this my signature :D

John Mendenhall
2008-Oct-20, 07:25 PM
:lol:

I'm gonna make this my signature :D

What M1 is saying, with considerable wit, is that just because something is seen or heard or read in the public information system DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT IS TRUE.

connor240287
2008-Oct-20, 07:29 PM
I Know..
Anyway I Was Asking what You Guys Make off it

grant hutchison
2008-Oct-20, 07:43 PM
If you search the forum on "Aldrin" and "UFO", you'll find that this one is very old and very tired, and some knowledgeable people here at BAUT do a thorough demolition job on it.

Grant Hutchison

grant hutchison
2008-Oct-20, 07:49 PM
Well, scrap that search, because it scores a lot of hits.:lol:
This thread (http://www.bautforum.com/conspiracy-theories/61601-aldrins-s-ivb-sighting.html) should link you into relevant discussion.

What Aldrin saw was very likely a panel from the SIV-B stage which had just launched them towards the moon.

Grant Hutchison

nauthiz
2008-Oct-20, 07:50 PM
It's not a UFO at all. (http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/firstonthemoon.html)

NASA was able to determine that it was a panel that had been jettisoned when they separated from the SIVB stage. Aldrin himself has reported that program this clip was taken from quoted him out of context in order to scare up a story where there was none.

m1omg
2008-Oct-20, 08:09 PM
It's not a UFO at all. (http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/firstonthemoon.html)

NASA was able to determine that it was a panel that had been jettisoned when they separated from the SIVB stage. Aldrin himself has reported that program this clip was taken from quoted him out of context in order to scare up a story where there was none.

It is a CONSPIRACY!

nauthiz
2008-Oct-20, 08:15 PM
It is a CONSPIRACY!

A conspiracy to get better TV ratings! :surprised

AGN Fuel
2008-Oct-20, 10:52 PM
I Know..
Anyway I Was Asking what You Guys Make off it

Just to summarise quickly: as the Apollo spacecraft headed out of Earth orbit and off toward the moon attached to the 3rd stage of the launch vehicle (the S-IVb), it had to perform a manoeuvre to do dock the Command & Service module with the Landing Module that was housed inside the S-IVb). The Landing Module was contained inside a shroud atop the S-IVb that was accessed by ejecting 4 spring-loaded panels.

After ejection, these panels drifted away from the spacecraft, but of course (due to simple physics) maintained a similar velocity toward the moon as the spacecraft.

It was one of these panels that Buzz saw.

connor240287
2008-Oct-20, 10:54 PM
Ahhh
That Makes Sense, Thanks for Your Answer AGN

AGN Fuel
2008-Oct-20, 11:08 PM
You are very welcome. :)

If you have questions, this is a wonderful forum to find answers. There are many knowledgable people here from all disciplines of science but, perhaps most importantly, many of these people are the most marvellous teachers of their knowledge!

2008-Oct-21, 12:37 AM
If you have questions, this is a wonderful forum to find answers.

Especially with the search functions.

BAUT Forum is a huge repository of answers to a huge number of questions.

Before asking, members can do a quick search and see if their question might have already been asked and answered. And asked and answered. And...

Swift
2008-Oct-21, 02:27 AM
Connor240287,

Just to add a little to what 01101001 said.... The Q&A section is intended for short, relatively simple questions about astronomy, things to which there is a straight-forward factual answer.

Questions that are more discussion/debate topics, such as what fuel should we use for generating electricity, or why haven't we heard from alien civilizations, should probably be posted in an appropriate thread, such as General Science, or Life in Space.

Just some friendly advice.

connor240287
2008-Oct-21, 02:11 PM
Ok, Thanks Sw, I Just Thought Why not Put it Here Saves People Scrolling Down
+ it Dose Fit in Where I Put it But it Whould off been Better Where you Said.
Thanks for The Advice I'll Take That into Mind When i Post Threads.

slang
2008-Oct-21, 09:10 PM
Why do you capitalize every word? It's hard to read :(