PDA

View Full Version : Ok heres GREAT one!!!

Z_U_E_S
2008-Oct-22, 03:05 AM
The entire Universe,lets compare it to the tiniest germ,bacteria organism living in/on our bodies.What if,the univers,you,me,the solar system,the galaxies is all just the microscopics of a much much MUCH more larger LIVING organism?????? huh ????? who can prove that theory wrong???? I dare someone to say "NOT POSSIBLE"

Neverfly
2008-Oct-22, 03:23 AM
I dare some to say "NOT POSSIBLE"

It's not possible.

2008-Oct-22, 03:24 AM
[...] organism?????? huh ????? who can that theory wrong????

Punctuation should facilitate communication.

Z_U_E_S
2008-Oct-22, 03:25 AM
lol ok neverfly, explain how???

Neverfly
2008-Oct-22, 03:32 AM
lol ok neverfly, explain how???

Because there's nothing outside the Universe.
Now.. You Prove Me wrong.

cjameshuff
2008-Oct-22, 03:36 AM
The entire Universe,lets compare it to the tiniest germ,bacteria organism living in/on our bodies.What if,the univers,you,me,the solar system,the galaxies is all just the microscopics of a much much MUCH more larger LIVING organism?????? huh ????? who can prove that theory wrong???? I dare someone to say "NOT POSSIBLE"

"Not possible".
That was easy!

Seriously, if it was alive, it isn't any more...it is expanding in all directions, and its parts are too far apart and moving away from each other too fast to ever have much of an effect on the rest. If it was a living thing, it made a very big splat on God's windshield about 13 billion years ago. (How's that for a metaphor of M-theory?)

Z_U_E_S
2008-Oct-22, 03:45 AM
well wait a minute lets backtrack,i was saying prove me wrong that its not POSSIBLE....its possible true?maybe,maybe not,whos to say,i cant prove it right,but you cant prove it wrong,and who is to decide weather theres somthing outsite the universe or not....you might claim to have the answer to the question...."WHY IS THE UNIVERSE HER?" ....theres nothing outside the univers you say,i cant prove you wrong but you cant prove it to be right iether i simply stated the question for theoretic reasons... and stated its possible,and it is possible

Neverfly
2008-Oct-22, 03:47 AM
"WHY IS THE UNIVERSE HER?"

X Chromosomes.
Probably because the Universe is filled with lots of X-Rays but very few Y-Rays.

Z_U_E_S
2008-Oct-22, 03:51 AM
like i said,the hows whys in what manner of possibility it is unstatable,whos to say its a big breathing moving what theres some kind of existance we dont even know about that connects every thing,we dont even know for 100% hard truth that we're the onlylife in the universe,they tell us they've found alien life so how the freakin krooks are going to seriouse completely rule out possibility here,work with me here guys dont critisize an un frequently and unscathed theory here

Z_U_E_S
2008-Oct-22, 03:52 AM
ok smart *** keep makin fun of me lol

Neverfly
2008-Oct-22, 03:54 AM
ok smart butt keep makin fun of me lol

Keep giving me excellent material to work with and I'll do my best;)

Z_U_E_S
2008-Oct-22, 04:02 AM
hey think what you want but personally i think its a theory as to possible purposes for the universe

Neverfly
2008-Oct-22, 04:05 AM
hey think what you want but personally i think its a theory as to possible purposes for the universe

It's not a theory, it's pure speculation.
As to the "purpose" of the Universe, why bother?

What is the "purpose" of everything IN the Universe?
A "purpose" is a requirement of belief.

Z_U_E_S
2008-Oct-22, 04:09 AM
yes you are correct

Z_U_E_S
2008-Oct-22, 04:13 AM
still though just what is the universe and how is it,those are the frustrating questions that led me to this speculation my friend anyway thank for the feedback,its educationall,i dream of planets and galaxies and of a future of extraordinary space exploration,its a beautiful thing....

Neverfly
2008-Oct-22, 04:17 AM
I know exactly what you mean.
Sometimes though, it can be hard to keep things into perspective.

Watching soap bubbles circle a drain might remind you of a whirlpool galaxy.
But comparing the two or seeking out similarities is the road to misconceptions.

Z_U_E_S
2008-Oct-22, 04:20 AM
yes,big time,im one of compulsive ,i get too ahead of myself types

pzkpfw
2008-Oct-22, 04:55 AM

So, what's the purpose of the proposed organism that the Universe is a speck of?

Z_U_E_S
2008-Oct-22, 05:02 AM
Who knows and who is to say its just a thought of possibility,yea the universe is huge,in our eyes,we call it VAST compared to WHAT??

astromark
2008-Oct-22, 06:01 AM
ZEUS.. drink more coffee, take deep breaths. Slow down a bit.
If as you suggest we are part of some giant, what, cloud of gas ?
Any living tissue would show some signs of electromagnetic activity. If what you say were so then would we be able to detect this from inside of it ?

No! I too will join in the chorous... It's not possible.

thorkil2
2008-Oct-22, 06:05 AM
Here's a suggestion (and it's a very serious one): Go get yourself educated in these things you are interested in. You obviously enjoy the thought process, and when you have the proper tools to work with, you will get immensely greater satisfaction out of the thinking. I guarantee it, and I'll bet just about everyone here will back me up on that. (BTW, to answer your last question: compared to us.

mugaliens
2008-Oct-24, 10:43 AM

And I think there's about as much purpose as there is behind why this bug splat on my windshield as opposed to that bug.

Thank you, cjameshuff, for that insightful lead-in. I could not have arrived at this conclusion without you. At least not in the 3.2 seconds it too me to make that incredible leap from impact to purpose.

John Mendenhall
2008-Oct-24, 05:26 PM
And I think there's about as much purpose as there is behind why this bug splat on my windshield as opposed to that bug.

Ride a motorcycle fast with only goggles. There are bugs whose only purpose is to give bikers a fat lip.

novaderrik
2008-Oct-25, 05:54 AM
me thinks some youngster that likes to argue has just discovered philosophy.
but that's not necessarily a bad thing- i've had some pretty "enlightened" conversations with my chemically altered friends over the years- and most of the conversations about subjects like this one happened in our late teens/early 20's when we were just starting to experience the universe as adults and question the hows and whys of the universe.
sometime in our late 20's, we all just kind of accepted our places and didn't ask silly questions like this.
hopefully, ZUES doesn't become one of those "prove to me that it's not even remotely possible at all for the moon landings to have been faked or that the government is out to get me because i know the TRUTH" guys..

mugaliens
2008-Oct-25, 09:27 AM
Ride a motorcycle fast with only goggles. There are bugs whose only purpose is to give bikers a fat lip.

I'm not quite convinced that the errant bug that impacted my helmet as I was doing around 80 many years ago was actually a bug, as that single splat completely covered my visor, obliterating my view of the road, even as it packed quite a wallop.

However, the remains were green, so it probably wasn't a small bird.

Excuse me, my steak and eggs breakfast is done...