PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Crop O' Trick or Treaters Since 9/11!

BigDon
2008-Nov-01, 04:18 AM
A huge bumper crop!

I must of shoveled out 30 lbs of candy! I had to send runners for more. I just picked an anonymous kid who looked old enough, told him what was up, gave him the dough and sent him off! He came back with the stuff and I let him have two hand fulls! Then the neighbor kids came back and I used them one more trip.

Darn! Seems I have a little too much candy! What to do, what to do...

Man! Three times it's been so bad that even with jack o' lanterns set out not a single kid came!

So I was a little under prepared.

(Insert Snoopy happy dance here.)

sarongsong
2008-Nov-01, 04:41 AM
...I must of shoveled out 30 lbs of candy!...Three times it's been so bad that even with jack o' lanterns set out not a single kid came!...Did you switch to Godiva Chocolates, or sumthin'? :)

BigDon
2008-Nov-01, 04:45 AM
Carob soy bars! I just don't understand it...

BigDon
2008-Nov-01, 04:50 AM
No, just whole packs of kids and parents. I am positively O.D.ed on cute.

Neverfly
2008-Nov-01, 05:28 AM
No, just whole packs of kids and parents. I am positively O.D.ed on cute.

Seeing a whole new side of you here B.D.

Keep up this merry man act and I'm going to rename you LittleDon.

BigDon
2008-Nov-01, 07:27 AM
Solly! I'bf A mouf ful off jhw breckrs riht nw! (Slurp!)

Neverfly
2008-Nov-01, 07:38 AM
I noticed something interesting about my son...

While trick or treating, I told him simple things like don't walk across Lawns and to say thank you each time but...

When he approached a door and there were already kids there, he hung back, quietly waiting. He waited until each and every kid ahead of him had received their handout before he would step forward.
Upon stepping forward he did not act shy... I wonder, what motivated him to defer and not act selfishly or greedy?
I did not tell him to do that.

Either way, I am very proud of my boy and will be sure to remind him of such tomorrow.

Thinking about this, I realized another thing.
We are like two kids sometimes. I'll leave the webpage up and we write, color, play with his transformers, read, work on his lettering.. and when I walk over and scan posts and maybe throw one down- he always joins me, always asks what such and such is- He LOVES looking at the pictures...
He's at that age where I'm his hero. I can beat up anyone elses dad and fight lions.
What I do- he wants to do. When I shaved my hair off- he wanted to be bald too.
I wonder what he will be like when he's fifteen?
This strong bond we have now- will it present a foundation?
Will he still defer to choosing the right thing even when not told to do so?
Will he still trust me?

But as it is now- I have ZERO complaints. None. I cannot think of one thing I can complain about my son. I can talk about him all day long and never say anything bad about him.

It's kinda bad for me... Whenever I talk about him, I end up Beaming with Pride.

Whirlpool
2008-Nov-02, 07:30 AM
Will he still trust me?

The foundation placed during early childhood is very important to every kid. It's where they are like Sponge . They will take and absorb whatever it is around them. It is also dangerous , because it is the stage where they are curious about anything and wanting to learn and understand the things around them. You're doing a good job Nev.
When he reach the age of reasoning , where they are able to weigh what is right and what is wrong , the foundation you built will play a good part in every decision he make. ;)

My son went to trick or treating too . :p It's the homeowners annual Event for Haloween. He was very excited because this is his 2nd time to join , and he clearly remembers what happened last year and that He got a LOT of candies and chocolates.
Well every kid got their candies as they fall in line after shouting " Trick or Treat ".
One house actually who has a small store actually forgot to prepare because his wife was out and didn't told him that the kids are coming that afternoon. So what he did was , he opened up his store for every kid to pick what they want , well of course , the kids got all excited and so was my son , so the owner told them to fall in line and point which candy they want and gave them a handful for each and every kid .

:p

mike alexander
2008-Nov-02, 02:47 PM
So happy for you, BD. We're so far out of town that the only thing at our door after dark is likely to have a white stripe down the back and chemical warfare at the rear.

Sometimes I forget to take the cat's dish in.

BigDon
2008-Nov-02, 03:13 PM
Hey Mike, we get that too.

Plus possums.

mugaliens
2008-Nov-02, 05:09 PM
I noticed something interesting about my son...

While trick or treating, I told him simple things like don't walk across Lawns and to say thank you each time but...

When he approached a door and there were already kids there, he hung back, quietly waiting. He waited until each and every kid ahead of him had received their handout before he would step forward.
Upon stepping forward he did not act shy... I wonder, what motivated him to defer and not act selfishly or greedy?
I did not tell him to do that.

Either way, I am very proud of my boy and will be sure to remind him of such tomorrow.

Thinking about this, I realized another thing.
We are like two kids sometimes. I'll leave the webpage up and we write, color, play with his transformers, read, work on his lettering.. and when I walk over and scan posts and maybe throw one down- he always joins me, always asks what such and such is- He LOVES looking at the pictures...
He's at that age where I'm his hero. I can beat up anyone elses dad and fight lions.
What I do- he wants to do. When I shaved my hair off- he wanted to be bald too.
Will he still trust me?

But as it is now- I have ZERO complaints. None. I cannot think of one thing I can complain about my son. I can talk about him all day long and never say anything bad about him.

It's kinda bad for me... Whenever I talk about him, I end up Beaming with Pride.

Nev, my son and I have enjoyed much the same relationship. I think in large part it's because I'm an actively engaged child-inside-an-adult, the result of which is as much a big brother as a parent.

Like all kids do (they're supposed to do) he will become his own person. The key is when that happens, expect it, not be surprised by it, and let him know you appreciate the person he's becoming (within moral, legal, and ethical guidelines). That way, you'll retain the bond between you as he matures.