PDA

View Full Version : Royal rumble : WORST characters ever Part I

Launch window
2008-Nov-02, 01:42 PM
So what are the worst, most irritating characters ever in movie, tv, videogame books and comics. I'll try to keep this one in the scifi genre as much as possible

jrkeller
2008-Nov-02, 04:24 PM
I went with Jar Jar Binks just because I hate the way he talks.

Romanus
2008-Nov-02, 04:25 PM
If you'd put Ruby Rhod up there, I'd have been sorely tempted to switch.

BigDon
2008-Nov-02, 04:35 PM
Hey! I liked Ruby! I live in San FRancisco. I know people like that.

Wow, I don't know who the middle three are.

Van Rijn
2008-Nov-02, 09:52 PM
Had to go with Jar Jar. I considered Neelix, but I only wanted to throttle him most of the time. I don't remember much about the Catwoman movie, or 24 (haven't watched that since the first season), and I don't much care about "Helo" on BSG.

jrkeller
2008-Nov-02, 11:10 PM
I don't remember much about the Catwoman movie.

But it least it had Halle Berry to look at.

hhEb09'1
2008-Nov-02, 11:22 PM
Adam in "The Way to Eden", TOS.

Van Rijn
2008-Nov-02, 11:43 PM
But it least it had Halle Berry to look at.

I'm not sure if I saw the movie. I heard that it was bad. I do remember looking at her in the X-Men movies. :) (Wish I hadn't watched X-Men III, though - I hated it.)

novaderrik
2008-Nov-03, 12:52 AM
what about Wesley Crusher? have we forgotten about Wesley Crusher already?

Van Rijn
2008-Nov-03, 01:30 AM
Other thread:

http://www.bautforum.com/small-media-large/80776-worst-characters-part-ii.html

But, I'd easily pick Jar Jar over Crusher. For that matter, I'd pick Neelix over Crusher, though that would be a harder choice. Admittedly, part of that is just that I didn't like Voyager in general.

novaderrik
2008-Nov-03, 05:06 AM
well, maybe if this thread had been labelled as "wort character ever, part 1", then maybe i would have known there was a part 2..
but really, why wasn't Wesley in "part 1", since he always seems to win in these threads?

ravens_cry
2008-Nov-03, 06:55 AM
I must be weird because a) I liked Jar Jar Binks (when I was an immature 12, haven't seen the move since.) and b) I liked Neelix. Though his jealousy got a tad annoying at times. Other then that, he was a pretty fun character. I liked the Doctor better. He should have been the one who snagged 7 of 9.

Jim
2008-Nov-03, 08:10 PM
well, maybe if this thread had been labelled as "wort character ever, part 1", then maybe i would have known there was a part 2..

Good idea. Done.

stutefish
2008-Nov-03, 09:02 PM
I can only imagine that few forum regulars have actually paid much attention to 24.

And of course Ruby Rhod will be on the "Best Characters Ever" thread!

SeanF
2008-Nov-03, 10:53 PM
I can only imagine that few forum regulars have actually paid much attention to 24.
Right here. It's one of my guilty pleasures. :)

GeorgeLeRoyTirebiter
2008-Nov-04, 12:16 AM
Right here. It's one of my guilty pleasures. :)

I'm almost embarrassed to say that I, too, have watched and even enjoyed 24.

I don't know why some people dislike Chloe. She lacks social skills, but that doesn't make her annoying.

formulaterp
2008-Nov-04, 04:34 AM
And of course Ruby Rhod will be on the "Best Characters Ever" thread!

The worst character from that movie was clearly the President. Do they choose their leaders by lottery in the future? Some sort of 7-11 scratch-off card contest? I can't imagine someone so inept actually being popularly elected. But then again ... nahh we won't go there.

Tog
2008-Nov-04, 08:10 AM
I like 24, though this coming season seems a bit shark jumpy from the previews. Then we sort of knew that at the end of last season when it was announced the Chloe was pregnant.

As for Ruby Rhod, I had to Google the name. Once I saw it was Chris Tucker, I remembered who he was. He was less annoying in that than he was in Rush Hour.