PDA

View Full Version : Worst Moon hoax site yet

AstroMike
2002-Mar-22, 11:26 PM
http://www.geocities.com/nasascam/

Very, very bad. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Johnno
2002-Mar-22, 11:31 PM
lol, that site has been picked apart so many times. I did it myself, a really really long debunking. poor guy didnt even reply to my email.

This is one of the funniest comments Ive heard from HBers:

"Earth diameter is 7,900 miles, and Moon diameter is 2,160 miles. It takes on average 90 minutes to complete one Earth orbit, so one Moon orbit should take roughly 25 minutes. "

weee

JayUtah
2002-Mar-22, 11:45 PM
This guy used to be a regular on ApolloHoax. I've seen his site evolve over the space of about a year. It's by far the worst site I've ever seen, even including Seethruart's. I too attempted to contact him personally and was ignored. It seems his interaction with those who disagree with them seems limited to calling them "brain damaged" from afar.

Jigsaw
2002-Mar-23, 01:28 AM
Huh. Gives me a "The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later."

AstroMike
2002-Mar-23, 02:44 AM
Here's one person (http://www.apollo-hoax.co.uk/firstblood.html) who criticized that site, but got a response back from the nut who runs it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AstroMike on 2002-03-22 21:44 ]</font>

Simon
2002-Mar-23, 08:42 AM
I think I must be cursed with the ability to see both sides of the issue, but I think this line is particularly amusing:
There are some who will NEVER accept the Moon landings were faked, regardless of how much factual evidence of a fake is put before them.

We don't know anyone like THAT, now do we? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Well, after that of course it makes a bunch of idiot so-called arguments like "I can see the flag through my telescope." I still think it's ironic that the exact opposite words have been posted on this board many times.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Simon on 2002-03-23 03:44 ]</font>

Peter B
2002-Mar-25, 01:07 AM
Oh yeah, it must be a fake: those maps are marked in KILOMETRES!

I tell ya, it's all a conspiracy by the French Revolutionaries to make you Yanks go metric! In fact, if you subtract 1789 (year of French Revolution) from 1969 (supposed year of landing), you get 180, and we all know what a 180 degree turn is... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

(Was that tortured enough logic?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-03-24 20:07 ]</font>

The Curtmudgeon
2002-Mar-25, 08:12 PM
On 2002-03-24 20:07, Peter B wrote:
In fact, if you subtract 1789 (year of French Revolution) from 1969 (supposed year of landing), you get 180, and we all know what a 180 degree turn is... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ooo, I like that one! Can I have a 'fair-use' permit on that so I can bedevil the local conspiracy mongers? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I've got one friend in particular, who while he is not your general (or even specific) conspiracy nutcase, does have a tendency to blame everything bad in history on the French Revolution. I bet I can get him spinning in circles with this! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

The (deleted parenthetical remark) Curtmudgeon

Hmm, post editing is acting strange--it says I don't have permission to edit my own post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Curtmudgeon on 2002-03-25 15:14 ]</font>

johnwitts
2002-Mar-25, 10:01 PM
So how did you edit it then? Huh?

Peter B
2002-Mar-25, 10:34 PM
Curtmudgeon

Permission granted with glee. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Then ask him which French Revolution he's talking about. 1789? 1792? 1801? 1830? 1848? 1852? 1870?

If you're going to get smart with history, you'd better know it!