PDA

View Full Version : Let's all have a good laugh

Tito_Muerte
2003-Oct-29, 10:02 PM
http://objective.jesussave.us/creationsciencefair.html

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: [/url]

Vermonter
2003-Oct-29, 10:19 PM
That's....scary. I've seen it before. Notice the mention "Women were designed for homemaking"? I bet women really *love* that.

Humphrey
2003-Oct-29, 10:31 PM
Thats a joke right? I mean seriously some of the "experiments" are absolutely laugthable in their imitation of science.

IT seems like very well done satire.

Vermonter
2003-Oct-29, 10:40 PM
I hope they *are* joking. The so-called experiments are very laughable indeed...but notice how they mention that only homeschoolers (who are targets for religious indoctrination) and kids who go to local Christian schools are allowed in?

Sigma_Orionis
2003-Oct-29, 10:41 PM
Scary? I think it goes beyond scary "Women Were Designed For Homemaking" it's bad enough but "Life Doesn't Come From Non-Life" is apalling, it seems like a parody of Miller's 1953 experiment were he created aminoacids out of non-organic chemicals.

Vermonter
2003-Oct-29, 10:48 PM
Well, look at what the kid is using...you ain't gonna get anything out of those. Poorly done hackjobs that masquerade as psuedo-science. I seriously hope this is a bad joke or satire.

Sigma_Orionis
2003-Oct-29, 10:56 PM
Exactly, what the they did was more akin to Pasteur's experiment where he demonstrated the imposibility of the "Spontaneous Generation" concept. What I find apalling is that the use kids for this "experiments" what angers me is that they call themselves "Creation Scientists". The clincher is that at least two of the scientists that worked to prove Spontaneous Generation wrong were priests.....

freddo
2003-Oct-29, 11:11 PM
I would like to have seen these three:

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" - Paul Sanborn (grade 4)

"Rocks Can't Evolve, Where Did They Come From Mr. Darwin?" - Anna Reed (grade 6)

"Thermodynamics Of Hell Fire" - Tom Williamson (grade 12)

:o

Humphrey
2003-Oct-29, 11:17 PM
Oh my..... :o

http://tccsa.tc/adventure/fair_ideas.html

freddo
2003-Oct-29, 11:28 PM
When I read this:

The fear of God is the beginning of knowledge.

I literally get chills up my spine.

Rue
2003-Oct-29, 11:38 PM
"Rocks Can't Evolve, Where Did They Come From Mr. Darwin?" - Anna Reed (grade 6)

This is like Philip K Dick's "Law of Sufficiant Aggrovation"

If a rock is annoyed by being in the sun too long it will literally get up and move to shade.

nexus
2003-Oct-30, 01:07 AM
I wonder what "Geocentrism: Politically Incorrect" - Richard Cody (grade 9)" means?

mike alexander
2003-Oct-30, 01:08 AM
From
http://objective.jesussave.us/pastorscorner.html

Some have criticized my stance on triclavianism as being counterproductive, arguing that making a point of doctrinal contention over not making a point of doctrinal contention over adiaphora is itself non-salvific. However, my critics are overlooking the dangers of triclavianistic doctrines: allowing adiaphora to creep into our credenda -- while possibly pushing the theologoumenic envelope and providing exciting new opportunities for supererogative works -- will most often serve to muddy the soteriological foundation of Faith, leading in general to ultramontane excesses and, in extreme cases, ebaptization (which is unacceptable pastoral malpractice, however rare it may be.) Doctrinal integrity, and hence salvific effectiveness, is best served by working to end triclavianism and similar erroneous, or simply adiaphoric, doctrines.

Come on, Folks! Joke! Authentic Frontier Gibberish!

(The above is pretty good, though...)

The Bad Astronomer
2003-Oct-30, 01:19 AM
This site is, in fact, a joke. We've talked about it at length at James Randi's bulletin board. The scary part is that the arguments are no more silly than "real" creation arguments.

freddo
2003-Oct-30, 02:13 AM
That's reasurring to hear BA 8)

I was beginning to worry about what "triclavianism" actually means!!

AGN Fuel
2003-Oct-30, 02:33 AM
It's a joke? :(

Well, what am I going to do with the 3000 Anti-Triclavianism bumper stickers I just had made up?? #-o

Humphrey
2003-Oct-30, 02:34 AM
It's a joke? :(

Well, what am I going to do with the 3000 Anti-Triclavianism bumper stickers I just had made up?? #-o

Sell them to the next literal bible creationist who comes up to you telling you your evolution will send you to hell?

Tito_Muerte
2003-Oct-30, 02:35 AM
well, I hope we've all had a good laugh....

but, go to Jerry Falwell's website....that's a lot worse... and it is no joke.

http://www.falwell.com/

"I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"

-- Jerry Falwell, In regards to 9/11

Humphrey
2003-Oct-30, 02:37 AM
What no cute poodles? What about the poodles Mr. Falwell??!!!!!

Dickenmeyer
2003-Oct-30, 03:14 AM
Of course poodles, if they're French.

Sever
2003-Oct-30, 03:52 AM
How disturbing.

Tito_Muerte
2003-Oct-30, 04:20 AM
I would think Jerry would hate french poodles....the french are probably all a bunch of godless heathens to him...

Zamboni
2003-Oct-30, 05:27 AM
I didn't think it was so funny... but whew (http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/a/021969.htm)

No comment on Jerry's site though.

aporetic_r
2003-Oct-30, 05:42 AM
Luckily, I came across a couple very relevant quotes while preparing tomorrow's lecture:

"Is it possible, then, that shameless men should not be in the world? It is not possible. Do not, then, require what is impossible." - Marcus Aurelius

"[Nature] has given to man, as an antidote against the stupid man, mildness." - Marcus Aurelius

Ain't nuthin' like good ol' Stoic moral philosophy to cool one's heart while insulting one's opponents.

Aporetic

kanon14
2003-Oct-30, 08:36 AM
"I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"

-- Jerry Falwell, In regards to 9/11
this is really disgusting

gethen
2003-Oct-30, 02:16 PM
Jerry Falwell is just plain scary. Something scarier? Lots of people listen to and agree with him. I know some of them. They are scary too.

Astronot
2003-Oct-30, 02:39 PM
Every good Christian ought to kick Falwell right in the ***

Or something to that effect. Its amazing how many slightly different versions of that quote show up on a Google search.

Reacher
2003-Oct-30, 04:59 PM
It's a shame to give such sites hits.

I showed a couple of friends, and they went berserk.
"I'm far less religious than I was before, and I've always been a strong athiest."
"I feel like vomiting."
"These people make me sick."
" I wish they had a forum so I could challenge their Bull****"
And much more stuff that isn't suitable.

I think I have a good taste in friends.

tjm220
2003-Oct-30, 08:42 PM
When I read this:

The fear of God is the beginning of knowledge.

I literally get chills up my spine.

It's only half the verse anyway. Yet another attempt to twist the words to make the bible fit a particular viewpoint.

Tito_Muerte
2003-Oct-30, 09:46 PM
well, Freddo.... if you're getting chills up your spine....... I guess you're just beginning knowledge :roll: :roll:

heh heh.... man, the world is a funny place sometimes...

Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
-- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

and, just for a little more relevance (while we're in the mood for quoting):

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-- Galileo Galilei

I love that one...... (although, my apologies Aporetic, I don't believe Galileo was a stoic......)... (but I promise I'll send along some Seneca at some point)....

and HEY! Kanon.... you and I ain't so far away!!! (I'm just across the water!)

kanon14
2003-Oct-30, 10:29 PM
and HEY! Kanon.... you and I ain't so far away!!! (I'm just across the water!)
where do you live?? victoria?

Kebsis
2003-Oct-31, 02:08 AM
Are those the same guys that make Lambuel?

link: http://objective.jesussave.us/kidz.html

kanon14
2003-Oct-31, 02:47 AM
i don't kno wuy but whenever i tries to visit the objective.jesussave.us site it directs me to PaysForSurveys.com but when i tried with my notebook it has no problem.
it must be my PC somehow knows the stupidity will damage it and avoids the website...

Invader Spleen
2003-Oct-31, 02:58 AM
people like Jerry honestly give me the willes

Tito_Muerte
2003-Oct-31, 03:16 AM
Kanon: you bet. Originally from Saltspring...but in Victoria now (at the UVic to be precise)......

Sigma_Orionis
2003-Oct-31, 08:14 PM
This site is, in fact, a joke. We've talked about it at length at James Randi's bulletin board. The scary part is that the arguments are no more silly than "real" creation arguments.

They sure fooled me! (seriously) I didn't know James Randi had a bulletin board, is it a private one?

ToSeek
2003-Oct-31, 08:28 PM

They sure fooled me! (seriously) I didn't know James Randi had a bulletin board, is it a private one?

No. (http://www.randi.org/vbulletin/)

Sigma_Orionis
2003-Oct-31, 10:25 PM
No. (http://www.randi.org/vbulletin/)
Thanks! I couldn't find a way to the Bulletin Board from the JREF Home Page

carolyn
2003-Nov-01, 07:25 PM
http://objective.jesussave.us/creationsciencefair.html

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: [/url]

Hmmm! think I have been had - all I saw was an ad for surveys? :( [-X

Yup just rechecked and the site has been hacked - !

nitefallz
2003-Nov-01, 08:10 PM
I honestly can't believe that anything on this website is real.

Are sure it's not something like The Onion?

carolyn
2003-Nov-01, 08:13 PM
Hmmmm! onion peeling, now theres' something I know about ! as for 'real', who's to say what is an what isn't...