PDA

View Full Version : Neil Armstrong, the awful truth...

lenin
2003-Nov-03, 09:44 PM
Click below what he REALLY said when they first landed. WARNING! BAD LANGUAGE!
http://www.blogjam.com/neil_armstrong/
I dunno sounds like it might be fake...you be the judge

Waarthog
2003-Nov-03, 10:06 PM
"Audio stolen from The Onion" (italics mine) Tells you all you need to know.

Vermonter
2003-Nov-03, 11:18 PM
I dunno...that's what I would have said if I landed on the Moon!

Wingnut Ninja
2003-Nov-04, 05:51 AM
That was a funny headline. The audio clip is not at all what I imagined it as, though. They're trying to sound like actual astronauts, which the tone of the article clearly isn't. They should sound like raving maniacs in the audio clip.

captain swoop
2003-Nov-04, 08:33 AM
Do you have to use that huge picture as a sig all the time? it is really annoying!

Amadeus
2003-Nov-04, 12:45 PM
I dunno...that's what I would have said if I landed on the Moon!

It's what I said last time I was there. :lol:

R.A.F.
2003-Nov-04, 12:59 PM
My webtv unit CAN'T access the "quote". Could someone private message me an tell me what it is? Thanks

Alex W.
2003-Nov-04, 02:42 PM
The Onion is a satiracal "news" site, for those that don't know. :wink:

johnb
2003-Nov-04, 02:53 PM
That`s good,really,really good. The chicken comment at the end =D> !

Mellow
2003-Nov-11, 03:07 PM
I like the Eddie Izzard version

"houston, Armstrong here.... thats one small step.... oooh its all spongy, like a big cake!"

JayUtah
2003-Nov-11, 04:24 PM
I still think screaming and cutting his mike would have been the funniest.

kucharek
2003-Nov-11, 04:28 PM

Wasn't it Gordon Cooper who during a test pretended to go panic having to climb up the booster and into the Mercury capsule? Something like holding to the door of the transport bus and shouting "Don't put me in there. I don't wanna die!" or something like that. IIRC, Deke Slayton wasn't amused about that stunt.

Harald

Waarthog
2003-Nov-11, 05:30 PM

Wasn't it Gordon Cooper who during a test pretended to go panic having to climb up the booster and into the Mercury capsule? Something like holding to the door of the transport bus and shouting "Don't put me in there. I don't wanna die!" or something like that. IIRC, Deke Slayton wasn't amused about that stunt.

Harald

Yep. Guenter Wendt describes this very incident in his book. At first, Guenter didn't want to go along, but Gordo pushed his buttons and off they went. You are correct, NASA management was NOT happy.

DataCable
2003-Nov-12, 07:00 AM
I like the Eddie Izzard version...
"You can't get out onto the moon and go, 'Oh, it's all sticky! It's covered in jam!'" \:D/