PDA

View Full Version : Suggest me how I can participate in nasa's different programs

suntrack2
2008-Nov-27, 12:40 PM
Last time I heard there was ambasadorship of nasa, but is there anything for me to do for them. I can do or write something from my home, or what will be suitable thing for me to join with them, or atleast to come in contact. Will it be feasible for me from India.

In last month I also heard that nasa is starting it's world first musium like outlate beyond the US, that is going to build the infrastructure in the "Lawasa city" near Pune, India. ( I don't know the details yet) but there was one news in our local newspaper.

Is there anything to share the stories with the world's childrens who are interested in stars and sky. (I am not saying interactive exactly).

For this what qualification is needed ?

Neverfly
2008-Nov-27, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Suntrack2:
Suggest me how I can participate in nasa's different programs
Vicariously.

Whirlpool
2008-Nov-27, 02:13 PM

You must have the Passion.

;)

suntrack2
2008-Nov-28, 04:52 PM
I was suppose to post this thread actually in the off topic but how mistakenly the button scroll up and the post fixed into the baut forum, can anyone move this thread to the off topic ! sorry for the mistake.

Neverfly
2008-Nov-28, 04:57 PM
I was suppose to post this thread actually in the off topic but how mistakenly the button scroll up and the post fixed into the baut forum, can anyone move this thread to the off topic ! sorry for the mistake.

Now... see... If you did this while working at NASA...
The Martian probe would be inspecting the Sahara.

Argos
2008-Nov-28, 05:04 PM
Well, since the NASA folks once screwed up a mission by confusing measurement units, suntrack is forgiven. :)

suntrack2
2008-Nov-28, 05:19 PM
Now... see... If you did this while working at NASA...
The Martian probe would be inspecting the Sahara.

And when there will be a probe in sahara, people will think that they are watching sand on our moon. Or you are suppose to making me a press reporter on mars,moon, saturn etc. to give an instant footage from there. what exactly. :)

Neverfly
2008-Nov-28, 05:23 PM
And when there will be a probe in sahara, people will think that they are watching sand on our moon.
Just send it to Verginia Crater.

Or you are suppose to making me a press reporter on mars,moon, saturn etc. to give an instant footage from there. what exactly. :)

Only for Live Reports.

suntrack2
2008-Nov-28, 05:29 PM
Just send it to Verginia Crater.

Only for Live Reports.

means I have to live there along with number of channel's umbrellas to report back, and that umbrellas will assist me to save from the "summer over there", is it not true. This is baut special correspondent speaking from the alienmons : I am watching two rovers who are running like a formula race cars on the mars, and now they have taken a nice turn left and now they are coming towards me, but they are just going like one by one follower on the mars zikzak roads, their speed is just beyond our imagination running so much faster and again coming towards me, I have adjusted myself towards right now to avoid the rover accident, and now I am giving my mike(phone) to other fellow who is at present in his kitchen. Hey john are you listening me from mars, hi john, oho john, where are you !!

ToSeek
2008-Nov-29, 03:34 AM
NASA solar system ambassadors (http://www.nasa.gov/audience/foreducators/k-4/features/F_Solar_System_Ambassadors.html)

suntrack2
2008-Nov-29, 04:57 PM
Thanks ToSeek for the link.

Nicolas
2008-Nov-29, 07:17 PM
means I have to live there along with number of channel's umbrellas to report back, and that umbrellas will assist me to save from the "summer over there", is it not true. This is baut special correspondent speaking from the alienmons : I am watching two rovers who are running like a formula race cars on the mars, and now they have taken a nice turn left and now they are coming towards me, but they are just going like one by one follower on the mars zikzak roads, their speed is just beyond our imagination running so much faster and again coming towards me, I have adjusted myself towards right now to avoid the rover accident, and now I am giving my mike(phone) to other fellow who is at present in his kitchen. Hey john are you listening me from mars, hi john, oho john, where are you !!

:D :D :D You'd get prime time

KaiYeves
2008-Nov-29, 11:50 PM
Can kids be Solar System Ambassadors, too? Or is it 18 and over like everything else?

suntrack2
2008-Nov-30, 01:11 PM
Can kids be Solar System Ambassadors, too? Or is it 18 and over like everything else?

Beautiful question by you, I think it is great to listen from kids on the astronomy, they may give new informations to us every time, even they know what they told in their last dialogue. They are too curious, amazing in nature, varied in knowledge. They will certainly helpful in meeting the goal of ambassadorship, the age must not be a criteria. (I don't know what are their conditions etc).

Sunil

matthewota
2008-Dec-01, 03:59 AM
Here is the link you are looking for:

JPL Solar System Ambassador Program (http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/ambassador/index.html)

Note that you are not going to be paid by NASA to do it, you are educating the public about JPL programs as an independent person. JPL will provide you with handouts and educational seminars over the web and the telephone.

Good luck...

Last time I heard there was ambasadorship of nasa, but is there anything for me to do for them. I can do or write something from my home, or what will be suitable thing for me to join with them, or atleast to come in contact. Will it be feasible for me from India.

In last month I also heard that nasa is starting it's world first musium like outlate beyond the US, that is going to build the infrastructure in the "Lawasa city" near Pune, India. ( I don't know the details yet) but there was one news in our local newspaper.

Is there anything to share the stories with the world's childrens who are interested in stars and sky. (I am not saying interactive exactly).

suntrack2
2008-Dec-02, 04:28 AM
Thank you Matthewota for an exclusive link here, I think involvement in such program may keep oneself who tries to build a confidence for a big seminar or say big workshop etc, so that a mass public can be benefited by getting interesting and thoughtful information on JPL. Nice job by you by adding the link here. Thanks once again.

I am a orator in my language and also in a "twist-english" I can deliver a lecture to the public, so stage daring is not a problem for me, but I just want to empower myself in doing so, if I get that. (I am ready to do such things free of cost, payment is not a matter, only to share the good things to public may get a infinite values). :)

I have seen the link, but there is no option for a person who can participate from India too.

matthewota
2008-Dec-03, 02:22 AM
I could only hope that the Indian Space Agency will institute an outreach program for you to participate in. It would be to thier benefit to do so.

KaiYeves
2008-Dec-03, 10:20 PM
They should, you know.

suntrack2
2008-Dec-04, 05:17 PM
They should, you know.

ha, yes I understand KaiYeves, thank you mathewota again.

if we do the inverse of the NASA > ASAN, so ASAN means "an excercise" in sanskrit language, ASAN means a seating place, ASAN means a permanent posture in the space. What a great meaning.

Sunil

HenrikOlsen
2008-Dec-06, 01:22 PM
The Ambassadors are listed by name and with quite a bit of personal information on the main site.
I wouldn't quality:)

Looks like you'd need a career in outreach already and then get handpicked.