PDA

View Full Version : Need to know about UFO’s!!

ElliottElias
2008-Nov-28, 09:10 AM
Hi all, I have been just doing some research online for anything interesting related to the UFO’s , like any reports, findings, sightings and anything related to them. This is nothing like my job, but just an interest in the unknown world that has created an eager inside me to know about them. Do you people have anything that would interest my search on them?

Tog
2008-Nov-28, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the board. Make sure you read the rules. We're sort of particular around here.

For your question. I'd look at the conspiracy theory section of this board. It's near the bottom.

Generally what you will find is that the vast majority of us consider a UFO to be just that. Unidentified. It might be any number of remarkably mundane things. I've personally seen 4 objects that I'd class as UFO's. One was later ID'd, by me, as a green helium balloon floating really high up on a day with no wind to make it drift.

The idea that a UFO= An ETV (extra-terrestrial vehicle) is something that will be seen with a great deal of skepticism. It's not that most of us wouldn't love for there to really be one, it's just that nothing ever seen meets the burden of proof. THere are things that people have seen that are likely to never be identified. One of my remaining 3 was probably a pair of meteors that happend to do something amazingly improbable. Another I am 100% sure were military jets, though I've never seen anything even close to them before. The third was a yeallow thing flying in a very odd way around a mountain peak about 7 miles away. It was probably a helicopter, but it moved more like a hang glider and was probably too big to really be either.

If you are serious about researching them, I think you go into with an attitude similar to this: It's not an ETV. if there is nothing that it might have been other than an ETV, that doesn't mean it was. It still mens it's Unidentified. Only when it can be posively identified as an ETV does it get to be one. And, as I said, the total nimber of posively identified ETVs remains zero.

Lyndon
2008-Nov-29, 04:57 AM
This has always been a topic of discussion for many people. Many people go on the verge of searching the truth, but have not been able to verify the real truth about UFO’s. There have been projects launched by authorities but did not seem to gather any significant evidence on them or may be that the evidence is just hard to digest. One can say that whatever done is less known in public. To help you in your search further more, there are link that you can check out.

toothdust
2008-Nov-29, 05:07 AM
If you are serious about researching them, I think you go into with an attitude similar to this: It's not an ETV.

Are you saying go into researching the UFO phenomenon with a preconceived bias of assuming that they cannot possibly be ETV's? How un-scientific is that?

ElliotElias: I say explore this phenomenon with the notion that UFO's could be ANYTHING. But don't let your emotions and expectations skew your observations or your conclusions. Yes, some UFO's could be ETV's, but most likely they are not.

novaderrik
2008-Nov-29, 07:15 AM
wow.. this thread has two first time posters in it..
my spidey sense is telling me this is some kind of a trap...

Tog
2008-Nov-29, 12:24 PM
Are you saying go into researching the UFO phenomenon with a preconceived bias of assuming that they cannot possibly be ETV's? How un-scientific is that?

I was actually suggesting that the idea be the entire paragraph that line you quoted was from. Maybe it was poorly worded. Maybe numbers would have helped.

1. Don't try to prove it was an ETV; try to eliminate what the the object wasn't.
2. If every possibility that can be thought of other than ETV, then it still doesn't mean that it was an ETV, only that it could be.

Better?

And yes. I'm feeling this was a set up, given that the other first time poster linked to a site when one can buy a book to "learn the Truth(tm). they don't want you to know". 'Cause, you know, It perfectly reasonable to accept that "They" can suppress all public evidence of ETV's from around the world, but can't keep one book that advertises on the web out of print.

aurora
2008-Nov-29, 02:58 PM
wow.. this thread has two first time posters in it..
my spidey sense is telling me this is some kind of a trap...

The extra exclamation point in the subject was a warning sign as well.

2008-Nov-29, 06:25 PM
To help you in your search further more, there are link that you can check out.

Oops, Lyndon, it looks like your signature link to the web ad for your book has gotten lost somehow. Pity. I guess you won't be making any money off sales to BAUT readers, huh?

sohh_fly
2008-Nov-29, 06:29 PM
elliott try spaceflight research, the ufo phenomena could get pretty hazardous around here.....just ask mr Bob Hastings.

what your are asking for could be lifetimes of agony

slang
2008-Nov-29, 08:11 PM
elliott try spaceflight research, the ufo phenomena could get pretty hazardous around here.....just ask mr Bob Hastings.

what your are asking for could be lifetimes of agony

Only if you come here with an agenda, or with mind already made up.